Pope Benedict stumped by Japanese girl's question

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 5:24 am » by Zer0

ITS GODS WILL....WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED OR WHAT?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 5:32 am » by The57ironman

otoel wrote:ITS GODS WILL....WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED OR WHAT?

:flop: i hate to say it .....but that's the best answer , otto.....
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am » by Whiteknight2000

flecktarn wrote:what crap did the pope come up with ,,the usual excuse ,,,"its gods will" i expect

Obviously you didn't read the whole post :headscratch:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 am » by Whiteknight2000

captainkarizma wrote:Really who gives a fuck what religious people say.
He did not answer her question, and cannot.
It is very obvious to anyone who has partial brain power to know he was deflecting the question, because he has no fuckin clue, just like the rest of the religious drones .
Religion is control through fear no different than politics.
Believe in a god if you wish but realize that man is no closer to god today than yesterday.
The bullshit is never ending as long as people put blind faith into an idea.
As soon as god shows himself to the world I will then judge him to see if he meets the requirements to be my god , anything less is just another power seeking control .

No he did not deflect the question at all. He honestly didn't know the answer. Stop interpreting this as something else.

So If I can't answer a question does it mean I'm deflecting it? We aren't all smart, and we aren't all wise. Even the pope.

Watch the video, and read the article before you make judgements.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 8:54 am » by Whiteknight2000

malogg wrote:
heinousone wrote:I am very much NOT a fan of the Catholic Church or for that matter folks that think they are independent of it while they drool over ITS book but beside the point I cannot find fault with what the Pope said to the girl. It was NOT the time to teach her the harshness of life and that it is that harshness that teaches us our greatest lessons. No, she needed compassion and needed to feel such. Some of you fools need to get some fucking sun on your face!

Yes life is harsh and full of pain and that pain can teach us great lessons on how to Appreciate the finer aspects of life. Without that negative the positive loses meaning and definition. It is the way of the world and it manifests in some pretty dark and catastrophic measures but that's just how it is and here we are right smack dab in the middle of it.

That doesn't mean you have to dunk the head of a child in the Darkness and then proclaim you are doing a good thing! Thing is, I highly doubt any of you saying you
would tell her the "truth" would actually do such, you are just trying to win an argument. Personally I find that pathetic but that is just my opinion.

Go back to fairyland and get your fucking glasses also use them fucking ears you were given to hear with.

I believe what you said pretty much proves that posters point. If you havn't got anything decent to say may as well Insult the guy instead :roll:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 am » by Middleman

ITT: Wilfully ignorant people who won't take 2 minutes out of their lives to read a fucking wikipedia page, and learn that the nature of suffering has been argued about continuously and voluminously since before the beginnings of Christianity.

If this is your level of intellectual integrity on a subject where the essence of those thousands of years of debate is available with one click of a mouse, why would anybody take you seriously when talking about something as hazy as UFOs?

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:01 pm » by Kkris

freeyourmindnow wrote:Pope Benedict stumped by Japanese girl's question about suffering

Upload to Disclose.tv

Pope Benedict ventured where no pope has gone before on Friday when he answered questions on an Italian television programme – and was stumped by the first. A Japanese girl asked the pope, who, she said, "speaks with God", why she was having to suffer so much as a result of the earthquake and tsunami that had struck her country.

"I am very frightened because the house where I felt safe really shook a lot and many children my age have died. I cannot go to play in the park. I want to know: why do I have to be so afraid? Why do children have to be so sad?" said seven-year-old Elena.

Benedict admitted: "I also have the same questions: why is it this way? Why do you have to suffer so much while others live in ease? And we do not have the answers, but we know that Jesus suffered as you do, an innocent, and that the true God who is revealed in Jesus is by your side."

Whether Elena was satisfied with that answer was unclear. But the studio audience gave the pope a hearty round of applause.

Christians, in general, cannot answer this question without accepting the science of karma and reincarnation.
Why do some enjoy trouble free lives and some even in the same family be born into a life of suffering, such as blindness, disfigurement, crippling deformities etc etc?
Only by the acceptance of reincarnation and the carrying forth of the repercussions of karma can these events make any sense. Just as if one goes to watch a movie part way through, and a person is injured, and it seems unfair, but then the movie is watched from the beginning and the preceding factors make clear the events that lead to the injury.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm » by Spock

heinousone wrote:
Oh I am sorry did I use language that offends you?

Not you Heinousone - mallog.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 pm » by Viggz

lowsix wrote:I wonder what sort of reaction he would have received if he had answered through the thoughts of all those who say there is no god, no rules, no higher order. Would they have been as honest with their support of the answer THEY think would actually be the right (or more honest one) one?

I seriously doubt it.

"Sorry Honey, you and your parents are all alone. The suffering quotient is random. You are as important on this planet as a bug. Who cares when a bug dies? So do us a favor and dont try to trick me with stupid obviously trolling questions. The answer is simple. Life sucks, everything dies and suffers, including you, your pets, and your family. Are you any more important than the other six billion suffering people on the planet? Nope. There is no rhyme or reason, so there is no one to be angry with. Get over yourself."

EPIC FAIL you pedo LOVER! - You preach love but chat hate. Fuck off you looser child killer/molester. Is it that hard for you to live by morals and not religion you idiot? You dont need religion to teach morals. Your so stupid. People like you are holding us all back.

Believe it or not some of us have no EGO and arnt afraid to be NOTHING {in your eyes}. So go away shit head.

You cant hack the fact were all equal. DEAL WITH IT
http://soundcloud.com/viggerz

Suspention In Your Breathing Is What Im Leaving Untill It Leaves U 2 Deamons Whisperin The Meaning Of Life In Ya Ear. Right Before They Make Your Mother Fucking Life Dissapear

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 pm » by Nihilgeist

lowsix wrote:I wonder what sort of reaction he would have received if he had answered through the thoughts of all those who say there is no god, no rules, no higher order. Would they have been as honest with their support of the answer THEY think would actually be the right (or more honest one) one?

I seriously doubt it.

"Sorry Honey, you and your parents are all alone. The suffering quotient is random. You are as important on this planet as a bug. Who cares when a bug dies? So do us a favor and dont try to trick me with stupid obviously trolling questions. The answer is simple. Life sucks, everything dies and suffers, including you, your pets, and your family. Are you any more important than the other six billion suffering people on the planet? Nope. There is no rhyme or reason, so there is no one to be angry with. Get over yourself."

Very true Lowsix. I'd have to say his answer was a softer version of that (which doesn't make it wrong, actually it's better), in the sense that if Jesus can suffer for God, then we can suffer for Jesus and/or God. In that sense we are no more important than Jesus, or the other 6 billion people on this planet (even if people don't suffer nearly equally, neither have a lot of us suffered nearly as Jesus did). For being on the spot on live television, he actually had a good answer in my opinion.

An the other hand, I don't think it's necessary to aid the crushing of a young girls spirit so early in her life when the reality around her is doing a good enough job of that. I hate to compare it, as I'm sure you'll scoff, but there's an age when you finally come to terms with the fact that Santa Claus isn't real. She's not at that age. I would hope someone with less biblical/religious ties would answer within the same degree (seeing as she already believes in God) without bringing about the adult reality upon her in a cold and uncaring way.

PreviousNext