Pope Benedict worried in his homily

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 am » by The57ironman

Pope holds Easter candle at basilica vigil.....

"The darkness enshrouding God and obscuring values is the real threat to our existence and to the world in general," the pope said.

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI, carrying a tall, lit candle, ushered in Christianity's most joyous celebration with an Easter vigil service Saturday night, but voiced fears that mankind is groping in darkness, unable to distinguish good from evil.

Easter for Christians commemorates Christ's triumph over death with his resurrection following his crucifixion.

"Life is stronger than death. Good is stronger than evil. Love is stronger than hate. Truth is stronger than lies," Benedict, wearing white robes in a symbol of new life, told the faithful in a packed St. Peter's Basilica.

Still, Benedict worried in his homily: "The darkness that poses a real threat to mankind, after all, is the fact that he can see and investigate tangible material things, but cannot see where the world is going or whence it comes, where our own life is going, what is good and what is evil."

"The darkness enshrouding God and obscuring values is the real threat to our existence and to the world in general," the pope said.

"If God and moral values, the difference between good and evil, remain in darkness, then all other 'lights,' that put such incredible technical feats within our reach, are not only progress but also dangers that put us and the world at risk," Benedict added.

The service began dramatically. Except for the twinkle of camera flashes, the basilica was almost pitch-black as the thousands of faithful in pews awaited Benedict's arrival through the rear entrance. After aides lit the candle, Benedict climbed aboard a raised platform that was wheeled up the long main aisle to the central altar. The wheeled device is used to save wear and tear on the pontiff, who turns 85 on April 16.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-holds-easter ... 34985.html
Mark Twain:

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 pm » by Eliakim

the57ironman wrote:Pope holds Easter candle at basilica vigil.....

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI, carrying a tall, lit candle, ushered in Christianity's most joyous celebration with an Easter vigil service Saturday night, but voiced fears that mankind is groping in darkness, unable to distinguish good from evil.

Easter for Christians commemorates Christ's triumph over death with his resurrection following his crucifixion.

"Life is stronger than death. Good is stronger than evil. Love is stronger than hate. Truth is stronger than lies," Benedict, wearing white robes in a symbol of new life, told the faithful in a packed St. Peter's Basilica.

Still, Benedict worried in his homily: "The darkness that poses a real threat to mankind, after all, is the fact that he can see and investigate tangible material things, but cannot see where the world is going or whence it comes, where our own life is going, what is good and what is evil."

"If God and moral values, the difference between good and evil, remain in darkness, then all other 'lights,' that put such incredible technical feats within our reach, are not only progress but also dangers that put us and the world at risk," Benedict added.

The service began dramatically. Except for the twinkle of camera flashes, the basilica was almost pitch-black as the thousands of faithful in pews awaited Benedict's arrival through the rear entrance. After aides lit the candle, Benedict climbed aboard a raised platform that was wheeled up the long main aisle to the central altar. The wheeled device is used to save wear and tear on the pontiff, who turns 85 on April 16.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-holds-easter ... 34985.html

It was a spooky ceremony dear lion.

See what you make of this.

The whole congregation is sitting in darkness. They have a fire type cauldron in front of the altar and incense was used on the candle itself. In this video he says that they said the ‘light of Christ’. However, there was only one candle alight at the time, in the hand of the pope Benedict. Some have said that the translation isn’t correct, one person claims that the person that translated the latin has studied it for 30 years.

Its a really spooky ceremony, and knowing Christ as I do, its not a ceremony that he would approve of. You’re more likely to find him at a rock concert then you will find him at St Peters. There are members of the Greek orthodox Church in attendance as well. They move Benedict on a small platform on wheels. They kiss the altar and seat the pope. On the floor of the Brasilica are mosaics of the eight pointed star that is also a symbol of Venus. They bow in front of the pope and in the bible that is considered worship.

Notice the four black columns at 25 mins in and there is an altar in the middle of it

[youtube]fjgIiUkb45Y#t=1655s[/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fjgIiUkb45Y#t=1655s

I know nothing of Latin, maybe one of you know someone that speaks Latin that can check it out. A website that posted the video. Provides this translation. Although clearly, the man is singing a lot more than that.

Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, Lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.

Which translates:

You are Morning Star that never sets
find this flame still burning:
replace Christ, you Morning Star,
who came back from the hell,
and shed his new light on all mankind,
your star, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen
http://thirdsecret.org/content.php?303- ... vigil-Mass

This was posted on a Catholic forum.

Shakespearean side note: Whenever I think of vigils, I can't help but think of the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V, where the king says "

He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil [of St. Crispin's Day] feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'

Then there was this posted on the same forum.

Pope Leo XIII and a vision
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

This piece, from the blog of Msgr. Charles Pope gives one cause to think:

October 13, 1884,* Pope Leo XIII had just finished celebrating Mass in a chapel in the Vatican. At the Mass were a few Cardinals and members of the household* staff. Suddenly the Pope stopped at the foot of the altar. He stood there for about 10 minutes, as if in a trance, his face ashen white. The going straightway from the Chapel to his office, he composed the prayer to St. Michael and later issued instructions that it be said after all Low Masses everywhere in the world. He explained that, as he was about to leave the foot of the altar, he had suddenly heard voices – two voices, one kind and gentle, the other guttural and harsh. There he heard the voice of Satan in his pride, boasting to Our Lord: “I can destroy your Church.” The gentle voice of Our Lord: “You can? Then go ahead and do so.” Satan replied,* “To do so, I need more time and more power.” The Lord said,* “How much time? How much power?” “75 to 100 years, and a greater power over those who will give themselves over to my service.” was Satan’s reply.* Mysteriously our Lord said, “You have the time, you have the power. Do with them what you will.”

http://www.catholicforum.com/forums/sho ... d-a-vision

Now lion 75 years later was when Arafat and his men were destroying Lebanon. 100 years later, 1994. Pope Leo Xiii also matches Leo the Leopard Obama mentioned in the Book of Daniel and Rev 13.
:hugging:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 pm » by Cia212

eliakim wrote:See what you make of this.
Christus Fílius tuus,

This is from my earlier post on the matter:

This is the English translation of the Exsultet (or Exultet) sung during the Easter Vigil mass. It appears in the last verse:
May the Morning Star which never sets
Christ, that Morning Star,
who came back from the dead,
and shed his peaceful light on all mankind,
your Son, who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Amen.

Morning Star (lucifer) is used as a describer, not a name. It's not the person of Satan, nor is it the person of Jesus - it's like calling something beautiful, it's merely a description. One that's used of Jesus in Rev. 22., and used in a positive way in 2 Peter 1 and Revelation 2.

12“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

They could have said "stella matutina" but it doesn't fit the chant. It's nothing sinister.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 am » by Eliakim

cia212 wrote:
eliakim wrote:See what you make of this.
Christus Fílius tuus,

This is from my earlier post on the matter:

This is the English translation of the Exsultet (or Exultet) sung during the Easter Vigil mass. It appears in the last verse:
May the Morning Star which never sets
Christ, that Morning Star,
who came back from the dead,
and shed his peaceful light on all mankind,
your Son, who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Amen.

Morning Star (lucifer) is used as a describer, not a name. It's not the person of Satan, nor is it the person of Jesus - it's like calling something beautiful, it's merely a description. One that's used of Jesus in Rev. 22., and used in a positive way in 2 Peter 1 and Revelation 2.

12“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

They could have said "stella matutina" but it doesn't fit the chant. It's nothing sinister.

The man's voice was beautiful and Christ drew close to me when he was singing.

Morning star mentioned in Rev 2 I was given. Yes, know about the mention in Peter.

Before dawn - eos eliachim
http://academysounds.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... achim.html

TUESDAY, 10 APRIL 2012

USHAS and Venus
http://academysounds.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... venus.html

There was a prediction in the St Jerome letters that 'the Virgin would return in Saturn in Virgo'