I love America but this makes me glad I don't live there

Post a reply

:
In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you enter both of the words displayed into the text field underneath.
Smilies
:pray: :sleep: :D :alien51: :) :mrgreen: :wink: :love: :obsessed: :| :( :twisted: :evil: :scary: :o :dunno: :? 8-) :hmmm: :shock: :flop: :top: :x :P :oops: :cry: :?: :idea: :arrow: :!: :nails: :look: :rtft: :roll: :ohno: :hell: :vomit: :lol: :think: :headscratch: :clapper: :bang; :censored: :badair: :help: :owned: :nope: :nwo: :geek: :ugeek: :robot: :alien: :mrcool: :ghost: :sunny: :peep: :yell: :banana: :dancing: :hugging: :bullshit: :cheers: :shooting: :hiho:
View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live there

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by SamueltheLion » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 am

oh, that kind of adds another dimension to the quote, but of course, we never heard about what the other two 'theologians' testifying said... hmm, who owns reuters/associated press again? :p

follow the money people.

there really are good things we could be doing with this time, be fiercely co-operative, not competitive :p

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Lowsix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 am

septeloid wrote:Low, for your information I am not bashing your beliefs. I myself am a Christian. A disgruntled one yes, but a Christian nevertheless.

In fact I have previously written about past and present Christians that have inspired me, such as Malachi Martin for example.


Fair enough then, and so then if youve seen the CRAP, and by crap i mean unfounded, underinformed, agenda based CRAP being tossed here on a daily basis WHILE stripping out and ignoring either context or actual meaning, my reaction makes perfect sense, and i stand by it.

Also get REALLY fucking tired of the america bashing as well..

so i guess you lit it, and i burned it.
Apologies..halfway.

septeloid wrote:So maybe I should try and reiterate my point yet again.

Why did he need to bring the bible into it? He didn't need to because there is already ample scientific evidence that would support his claims regarding the Carbon ppm 6000(?) years ago. If he wants to be taken seriously by non-christians, he really should lay off the bible quotes.


Theres a good reason why, and it also has to do with unresearched, stripped context that allows you (and many others) to draw the conclusion (separate from his ACTUAL reasons for doing so) that he was using the bible as some sort of proof of anything rather than his statement of belief.

When in fact, he was responding to prior testimony in which Theologians used scriptures to assert that in fact Man would destroy the earth with carbon innundation.

So read his ACTUAL beliefs and then explain to me, how or why his faith has any bearing on his opinion whatsoeer OUTSIDE the context that he was RESPONDING to scripture being used to make the PRo-Gore point..to suuport the retarded notion that Cap and Trade Carbon credit trading would do a thing to solve the global warming problem.

"WASHINGTON (KMOX) - When he said God has promised not to destroy the Earth, Congressman John Shimkus says he didn’t expect that statement to become a national headline.

Congressman Shimkus made the statement during a hearing by the Energy and Commerce Commission, which he sits on now and wants to chair in the next session. Shimkus says when the story about his quoting from Genesis in the Bible got around, the whole story wasn’t told:

“Put into context I was at a hearing in which there were two theologians who were testifying using scripture (that God would destroy the earth through global warming) so I also wanted to address scripture really directed at those two theologians.” Congressman Shimkus told KMOX.

Shimkus says he believes there is global warming and ice in the Northern and Southern hemispheres is melting, he just doesn’t think God will use it to destroy the Earth."


http://kmox.cbslocal.com/2010/11/15/con ... h-comment/

Context is hugely and imminently important...still.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Septeloid » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:03 am

lowsix wrote:
septeloid wrote:Okay okay, let's get this straight.

I couldn't care less about what Shimkus said about carbon ppm back in the days of Genesis.

But hey, if you want to take a shot at that, go for it.


Yes absolutely, your insistence of just simply discounting the CONTEXT in which those words were spoken (which um to the rest of us critical thinkers is important) is actually your self stated objective, then i stand by my declaration of your buffoonish insincerity...and christian bashing agenda..which again i say is allegedly against the rules..(well, only in certain cases apparently)

If you MUST remove the actual,
real world context and scientific carbon ppm FACTS,
(which again, ill remind you is the ENTIRE point)
simply so you can insult christians,
then your agenda is laid clear.

You go ahead and bash my beliefs and I
ll bash your insincerity and pretense to a point..


Low, for your information I am not bashing your beliefs. I myself am a Christian. A disgruntled one yes, but a Christian nevertheless.

In fact I have previously written about past and present Christians that have inspired me, such as Malachi Martin for example.

So maybe I should try and reiterate my point yet again.

Why did he need to bring the bible into it? He didn't need to because there is already ample scientific evidence that would support his claims regarding the Carbon ppm 6000(?) years ago. If he wants to be taken seriously by non-christians, he really should lay off the bible quotes.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Lowsix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm

septeloid wrote:Okay okay, let's get this straight.

I couldn't care less about what Shimkus said about carbon ppm back in the days of Genesis.

But hey, if you want to take a shot at that, go for it.


Yes absolutely, your insistence of just simply discounting the CONTEXT in which those words were spoken (which um to the rest of us critical thinkers is important) is actually your self stated objective, then i stand by my declaration of your buffoonish insincerity...and christian bashing agenda..which again i say is allegedly against the rules..(well, only in certain cases apparently)

If you MUST remove the actual,
real world context and scientific carbon ppm FACTS,
(which again, ill remind you is the ENTIRE point)
simply so you can insult christians,
then your agenda is laid clear.

You go ahead and bash my beliefs and I
ll bash your insincerity and pretense to a point..

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Septeloid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 pm

lowsix wrote:@ samuel the mule....

Both astoundingly perceptive posts.
Missed them the first run through...

very well said..

And @ Septeloid..
Im not convinced you understand why that guy was quoting the bible in the first place.
But i can see why you think it was the reasons you stated.

His MAIN point wasnt about the bible, had you listened to what he said..
It was about the ppm of carbon, now, compared to when it was 4000ppm and the size and diversity of the biomass life forms, THEREFORE blaming carbon itself, in a carbon starved timezone was irrational, and therefore inneffctive, not to mention doesnt eliminate of alleviate the end product of carbon pollution, it simply charges more to use it.

THERE was the point of the idiot Shimkus,
and if you can refute that scientifically, Ill be all ears.

But if its really MORE important for you to take shots at other people beliefs,
while taking them out of context so you can be witty about it, im with sam..

Ill just wave while passing by...perhaps glad you dont live here either.


Okay okay, let's get this straight.

I couldn't care less about what Shimkus said about carbon ppm back in the days of Genesis.

The whole idea of him bringing bible quotes into a political/scientific forum as a means to support whatever he believes is just prepostorous IMO. Why? Because it undermines everyone elses beliefs. So to me it doesn't matter under what context the quotes were used.

But hey, if you want to take a shot at that, go for it.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by SamueltheLion » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

lowsix wrote:@ samuel the mule....

Both astoundingly perceptive posts.
Missed them the first run through...

very well said..

And @ Septeloid..
Im not convinced you understand why that guy was quoting the bible in the first place.
But i can see why you think it was the reasons you stated.

His MAIN point wasnt about the bible, had you listened to what he said..
It was about the ppm of carbon, now, compared to when it was 4000ppm and the size and diversity of the biomass life forms, THEREFORE blaming carbon itself, in a carbon starved timezone was irrational, and therefore inneffctive, not to mention doesnt eliminate of alleviate the end product of carbon pollution, it simply charges more to use it.

THERE was the point of the idiot Shimkus,
and if you can refute that scientifically, Ill be all ears.

But if its really MORE important for you to take shots at other people beliefs,
while taking them out of context so you can be witty about it, im with sam..

Ill just wave while passing by...perhaps glad you dont live here either.


Thanks man, means a lot to me. Feeling a tiny bit down right now. Nice to know at least 1 person appreciates the effort :)
I really do try to get at the truth, sometimes it just seems a little hopeless, though.
As if even if you get it, it alone won't really have an impact. Not saying I've "got it", just... meh.
And, you work so hard at things in your mind, and think they (the ideas) make a big difference, but sometimes when you say them/write them/draw them, they just, don't really seem to be as big a deal as you thought they were.

:cheers:

yeah, on with the show, enough self-pitty bullshit, i choose to be happy and determined, it's a choice after all. ! : D

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Stratosfear » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:12 am

samuelthemule wrote:
stratosfear wrote:What a simple-minded numbskull.


Oh really? Isn't it sort of profound?
I.e Don't worry about what you can't predict, just live your life as well as you can, the show will be over when it's over.

Didn't you get the memo? Climate Change/ Global Warming may be a huge scam... to get you to hate yourself, eat lots of carrots, and call for a mass cow-o-cide, to stop the farts.


Yes, I got the memo - of course AGW (or whatever they label it as today) is a scam. I read recently that they (the Global Warmists) were trying to deny the Mediaeval Warm Period. However, the bringing of religion into it is ridiculous and I still think he's a numbskull, even if he is correct about the AGW movement being a scam.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Epicfailure » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 am

lowsix wrote:Bummer that the "agenda" rule isnt very equally applied around here.



who cares bible geek, get used to it you over sensitive baby.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Christomite » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 am

If Christians can't exist in government than niether can any other religion...like Islam. Islam is so so so much more oppressive than Christianity is, and the old bait and switch is happening before our very eyes. Islam sure would make a darn good religion for totalitarian world government ya think. It will be liberalism that embodies the final oppression.

Re: I love America but this makes me glad I don't live ther

Post by Harbin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 am

captainkarizma wrote:Common sense should prevail above all else, but it seems the religious and the greedy have taken morals of humanity ,and twisted it into something that can fit into their paradigm.
Really what is soo wrong with common sense when you apply what really matters sustainability, enviromental and humanitarian ideals as your goals. I think any religion or belief structure would agree to those. Personal belifs are just that "personal" .
So should John Shimkus be in position of influence or power giving what he said ? which was basically don't worry we need to create jobs no matter what enviromental problems arise, because it is written in the bible.
Not to mention using creationism to ignore rising co2 levels. This guy is a real piece of work .


[youtube]Vn8MZgZmeT4&[/youtube]

Top

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook