Can't seem to find a clean translation of the original story, maybe someone on here is able to translate.
Seems the Ocean X team have made another discovery
Published July 27, 2015 19:03Here are the submarine found in Swedish waters.
The discovery is a mystery: the wreck has no visible injuries, and found near the Swedish coast.
Armed Forces confirms that the material from the finding place right now analyzed.
- This indicates that there is a secret mission that has gone wrong, says Tomas Ries, senior lecturer in strategy and security policy at the National Defence University.
Submarine wreck was found last week under the sea on the Swedish east coast in central Sweden by vrakletarna Ocean X Team. Vrakletarna do not want to go out with the exact finding place is somewhere, but states that it is about 1.5 nautical mile, 2750 meters, from the country and that there is some boat traffic in the area.
- We are 110 percent sure that it is inside Swedish waters, says Dennis Åsberg, vrakletare at Ocean X Team.
The company had received the coordinates of where they would seek somewhere by an Icelandic company.
Vi started from the position that they set for us and pretty soon we found this submarine, says Peter Lindberg.
According vrakletarna is the submarine 20 meters long and three meters wide. There is no visible damage to the hull and its doors should be closed.
- There's not a dent, tear or damage to the hull. There are some bent details to appear in our film material, said Peter Lindberg.
- This indicates that the crew can remain aboard the wreck, said Dennis Åsberg.
Security Consultant and author Joakim von Braun has been informed of vrakletarnas footage.
- It may not have been there very long. It is very attractive and I can imagine that it has been tested and failed, he says.
Even Tomas Ries, senior lecturer in strategy and security policy at the National Defence Academy have taken part of the movie and agrees that it is not so old.
- If this is in Swedish waters, it is sensational that there is a wrecked submarine there.
- Had it been an innocent wrecks had some cried and asked for help. It suggests that there is a secret mission that has gone wrong. It is very serious.
Armed Forces analyzes
Vrakletarna also state that they have seen Cyrillic characters on the hull.
- We know it's a submarine. The age of it is impossible to say anything about, but it's very fresh and looks undeniably correct modern looking. It is difficult to say how long it has been on the ground and we have to go down again, says Dennis Åsberg.
Ocean X Team will continue to explore the wreck, but has been in contact with the Armed Forces and shown some of the material from the site.
- They have been in contact with us, says Anders Kallin, duty officer at the Swedish Armed Forces.
Kallin confirms that the Armed Forces are now analyzing the material:
- We can not go out with something more about it here
According to Anders Kallin missing no Swedish submarines.
- Had there been a Swedish submarine that sunk, we would have had a completely different location, he says.
"Could be Russian"
Security Consultant Joakim von Braun mean size as indicated vrakletarna suggest that the submarine is called a mini-submarine. Such can hold between three and six people - and the indication that the doors are closed indicates that the crew could not provide the wreck, according to von Braun.
Det may well be a Russian submarine that for unknown reasons failed, he says.
The finding is just barely a year after the armed forces searched for a foreign submarine in the Stockholm archipelago. The Armed Forces joined in November last year out of the observations could be confirmed, and that it was confident that it was a submarine that violated the Swedish territory.
Source (Google Translate) http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... rev=search
Source Original http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/framman ... kt-vatten/