Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post a reply

:
In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you enter both of the words displayed into the text field underneath.
Smilies
:pray: :sleep: :D :alien51: :) :mrgreen: :wink: :love: :obsessed: :| :( :twisted: :evil: :scary: :o :dunno: :? 8-) :hmmm: :shock: :flop: :top: :x :P :oops: :cry: :?: :idea: :arrow: :!: :nails: :look: :rtft: :roll: :ohno: :hell: :vomit: :lol: :think: :headscratch: :clapper: :bang; :censored: :badair: :help: :owned: :nope: :nwo: :geek: :ugeek: :robot: :alien: :mrcool: :ghost: :sunny: :peep: :yell: :banana: :dancing: :hugging: :bullshit: :cheers: :shooting: :hiho:
View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Spock » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Disclosed wrote:http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/several-recent-university-studies-suggest-that-electronic-cigarettes-may-be-an-effective-aid-to-quitting-smoking/271301/

Link above is a new study that says how e-cigs may help in quitting smoking. I say DUH! Here was my reply on Reddit.

I don’t need this study or any other to tell me that. I smoked 1 ½ - 2 packs a day for 22 years. Tried NUMEROUS times to quit with the patch, gum and anything else that was out there. I gave up. I never thought an e-cig would work for me, not even remotely. I didn’t think I would be able to taste it or get that all important throat hit, so I never even bothered trying. I am so glad I did eventually try though because I was WRONG. I now have not had a single cigarette in over 2 years now, all thinks to that e-cig I wasn’t even going to give a chance. To cover the mental part of my addiction, i had something to hold that was semi close to an analog as I started out with an ego style pen vaporizer. On the physical addiction aspect I had the nicotine and throat hit I craved for. I am PROUD to say e-cigs are saving my life and I am almost off them too! I started at 18mg, then switched easily to 3mg when I got my subox. Now I have been adding only 1mg nic to my 30ml bottles and have started decreasing .1mg for every bottle after without craving the nic. I am currently at .9mg in the 30ml and my next bottle will be .8mg and so forth. STUDY THIS! Proud owner at DeluxeEjuice.com



Very nice! Congratulations. I feel that I can quit vaping all together, I'm about ready to step down to a nicotine lozenge and chew on a straw.

95% of quitting smoking is not the actual nicotine, that's about as hard as putting down chocolate or coffee, it's the ritual itself. Breaking mental addictions are the hardest part of breaking all addictions.

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Cosmine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:43 pm

billleee wrote:Some studies found that: 1. Usinge-cigarettes suppresses your ability to cough; 2. E-cigarette flavors may have different effects.
Indeed, these two effects have the common reason-temperature. Why using e-cigarettes suppresses your ability to cough? Why different flavors have different effects. Because the material what we extract as the e-juice are normally the volatile ingredients with low temperature, these flavor ingredients will become other toxic materials by the temperature rise up. In other words, it is exactly the high-power make the smokers in more risks of vaping

The high power is not only make the smokers explore themselves in the risk of toxic phenols and aldehydes, but also make them in risk of getting hurt from explosion. As we all know, the battery has its own internal resistance. When the battery is working, the battery will become heat itself, and become hotter and hotter by the output rising up. When the temperature is over the limits, the explosion will happen to the battery.


With the rapid development of e cigarettes, more and more people take it as the tool for fun rather than as a tool for quitting smoke. They rebuild the resistor to make bigger smoke, they DIY the e liquid, they never know these will cause them in danger. The suppliers This phenomenon makes e cigarette in consensus, more and more people focus their eyes on the harm of e cigarettes, some even to make up stories to avoid it. Why not just take them as a tool to help quit the smoke?




Ability to cough....lol...you should try my maryjane cherry oil extract....Image 8-)

:obsessed:


Actually too much of a good thing....is surely a bad thing! :cheers:

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Alex Green » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:35 am

with the innokin itaste MVP20W, i have quitted smoking :banana: :banana: :banana:

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by billleee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:24 am

Some studies found that: 1. Usinge-cigarettes suppresses your ability to cough; 2. E-cigarette flavors may have different effects.
Indeed, these two effects have the common reason-temperature. Why using e-cigarettes suppresses your ability to cough? Why different flavors have different effects. Because the material what we extract as the e-juice are normally the volatile ingredients with low temperature, these flavor ingredients will become other toxic materials by the temperature rise up. In other words, it is exactly the high-power make the smokers in more risks of vaping

The high power is not only make the smokers explore themselves in the risk of toxic phenols and aldehydes, but also make them in risk of getting hurt from explosion. As we all know, the battery has its own internal resistance. When the battery is working, the battery will become heat itself, and become hotter and hotter by the output rising up. When the temperature is over the limits, the explosion will happen to the battery.


With the rapid development of e cigarettes, more and more people take it as the tool for fun rather than as a tool for quitting smoke. They rebuild the resistor to make bigger smoke, they DIY the e liquid, they never know these will cause them in danger. The suppliers This phenomenon makes e cigarette in consensus, more and more people focus their eyes on the harm of e cigarettes, some even to make up stories to avoid it. Why not just take them as a tool to help quit the smoke?

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Disclosed » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:59 am

http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/several-recent-university-studies-suggest-that-electronic-cigarettes-may-be-an-effective-aid-to-quitting-smoking/271301/

Link above is a new study that says how e-cigs may help in quitting smoking. I say DUH! Here was my reply on Reddit.

I don’t need this study or any other to tell me that. I smoked 1 ½ - 2 packs a day for 22 years. Tried NUMEROUS times to quit with the patch, gum and anything else that was out there. I gave up. I never thought an e-cig would work for me, not even remotely. I didn’t think I would be able to taste it or get that all important throat hit, so I never even bothered trying. I am so glad I did eventually try though because I was WRONG. I now have not had a single cigarette in over 2 years now, all thinks to that e-cig I wasn’t even going to give a chance. To cover the mental part of my addiction, i had something to hold that was semi close to an analog as I started out with an ego style pen vaporizer. On the physical addiction aspect I had the nicotine and throat hit I craved for. I am PROUD to say e-cigs are saving my life and I am almost off them too! I started at 18mg, then switched easily to 3mg when I got my subox. Now I have been adding only 1mg nic to my 30ml bottles and have started decreasing .1mg for every bottle after without craving the nic. I am currently at .9mg in the 30ml and my next bottle will be .8mg and so forth. STUDY THIS! Proud owner at DeluxeEjuice.com

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Umbrex » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Spock wrote:Corn Silk Smoker sounds remarkably like Cock Smoker.


talk about unresolved mental issues...

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Spock » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Corn Silk Smoker sounds remarkably like Cock Smoker.

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by domdabears » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Corn Silk Smoker wrote:not even going to bother reading it, too bias, besides E-Cigarettes has only been around sense 2000.



and if you're gonna sit there on your throne cussing people out for no reason at all, i know a great Psychologist to help you, tho i know your far from any help at all with your mommy and daddy issues, or your penis envy problem or the lack of toilet training (even now) and when you were a child or if you were ever breast feed as a child, or your suffering from infantile regression, if you ever resolved your bed wetting problems. christ, what else could be wrong to cause you all these problems in dealing with other humans? man, your really messed up, aren't you? :lol:


Bias??? It was done by a prestigious University in 1946... Idiot.
Anyways... You're wrong. I'm right. I'll sleep better tonight.

And HEY!!!!... Say what you want about my mommy and daddy issues... But I have no penis envy... Trust me. :hiho:

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by Corn Silk Smoker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 am

not even going to bother reading it, too bias, besides E-Cigarettes has only been around sense 2000.


Forbes 2014


Are electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) really safe? You see them marketed heavily on TV and in social media; used by celebrities at awards shows; and are now front and center in many different brick and mortar stores.

This is very similar to how cigarettes were marketed many years ago, when young people and others turned to cigarette smoking because it was cool, socially acceptable and a weight loss tool (sadly, many still do). However, people began to realize that after 10 years they were no longer losing weight. Instead, they had developed a chemical addiction to nicotine.

You never truly know what’s safe until you study it for many years. Physicians used to recommend people smoke because it helped sooth nerves and was considered safe. It took a long time to convince Americans that cigarettes are dangerous to your health.

(it took the federal government 12 years to finally conclude that cigarette were dangerous and to have warning labels put on)

When someone says we’ve been using e-cigarettes for a couple of years and it’s “safe,” I don’t know what that means. E-cigarette companies have positioned their product as a way for people to wean themselves off of tobacco or as an alternative to cigarettes, but it’s too early to tell if using them over the long run will not yield detrimental changes to one’s health. A new study also recommended that the evidence that claims e-cigarettes help people quit smoking is “unconvincing” and recommended regulation that would prohibit them from being advertised this way.

While the e-cigarette companies say there is no tar or carbon monoxide in their products, just vapor, it’s important to note that the same addictive chemical found in e-cigarettes and cigarettes is nicotine, which causes addiction to smoking. And it’s raising questions like these:

Is it about addiction? People have no problems with using gum or a patch so they can break their addiction. So, at one level, it’s reasonable for people to use e-cigarettes if cessation is the goal. But are people using e-cigarettes to just continue smoking in a different way? Is it a transfer of one addiction to another, or are people truly using it to wean off?

Is it about disease? E-cigarettes seem to be socially accepted, and that’s not a good thing. Are we going to addict a large number of people to something they will be unhappy with in 10 years? If we want a healthier society, do we really want to keep addicting people to nicotine where they could be exposed to disease?

Is it about cessation? If I have a 55-year-old female patient who is having trouble quitting smoking and needs e-cigarettes to help her stop, some might argue that a plus. However, if my 19-year-old female patient starts using e-cigarettes because she is influenced by celebrities or TV ads, aren’t we just ushering in the marketing of a new addictive product to young people?

Another study from the Journal of American Medical Association found that e-cigarettes were “associated with higher odds of cigarette smoking by adolescents, whose use of e-cigarettes doubled between 2011 and 2012.” The e-cigarette delivery system could lead to a new era in nicotine addiction. Are we turning back 35 years of anti-smoking progress to create a new generation of people addicted to nicotine? Given the health challenges of our country, I seriously hope not.

As a former practicing oncologist for 23-plus years, I’ll never forget how horrible it felt every time I had to tell a patient he or she had lung cancer. This was the toughest, most gut-wrenching part of my job.

It took our country way too long to learn that cigarettes can cause lung cancer. We can’t afford to give e-cigarette companies a pass and let them market their products to a new generation the same way cigarettes once were. If we truly want to protect the next generation, let’s keep them away from nicotine and not make the same mistake twice.



thats the point i'm making, it's far too early to say one way or another that it is safe or not. and let me remind you all that it was claimed as safe when they brought out Saccharin and Aspartame, so tell me are they safe as mother's milk or did everybody come to the conclusion that they were actually poison?















and if you're gonna sit there on your throne cussing people out for no reason at all, i know a great Psychologist to help you, tho i know your far from any help at all with your mommy and daddy issues, or your penis envy problem or the lack of toilet training (even now) and when you were a child or if you were ever breast feed as a child, or your suffering from infantile regression, if you ever resolved your bed wetting problems. christ, what else could be wrong to cause you all these problems in dealing with other humans? man, your really messed up, aren't you? :lol:

Re: Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Post by domdabears » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:20 am

Corn Silk Smoker wrote:

and when is (truth) going to come out and start bouncing your head like a basketball on the dangers and evils of vaping? give it another 5 years, when this stuff cost like $50 to $75 a shot, there's too much money that still to be made and there hasn't been any health signs (yet) to go on the war wagon against it, give it time, it'll happen. a far more sufficient delivery device for all sorts of real nice, well whatever they want to put in that "flavor of the month" canister.

also, ever come across a "no vaping" sigh yet.. sure you have, how about sticking all of you with the real smokers in that "designated smoking area"? btw, how's that turning out? yeah i bet your "freedoms" are totally infringed, aren't they?

There's no harm in vaping. You're extremely uneducated about it. I'll just be blunt and say you're stupid.
In fact people who use the good juice for vaping (not cheap Chinese / gas station crap) actually protect their lungs and immune system by inhaling propylene glycol vapor. It helps us kill the virus' for flu and colds. Like I said though. The "good" juice. Not gas station shit made by the cigarette companies and Chinese companies.

It has been found that propylene glycol vapor dispersed into the air of an enclosed space produces a marked and rapid bactericidal effect on microorganisms introduced into such an atmosphere in droplet form. Concentrations of 1 gm. of propylene glycol vapor in two to four million cc. of air produced immediate and complete sterilization of air into which pneumococci, streptococci, staphylococci, H. influenzae, and other microorganisms as well as influenza virus had been sprayed. With lesser concentrations of propylene glycol, rapid and marked reduction in the number of air-borne bacteria occurred, but complete sterilization of the air required a certain interval of time. Pronounced effects on both pneumococci and hemolytic streptococci were observed when concentrations as low as 1 gm. of glycol to fifty million cc. of air were employed. Numerous control tests showed that failure of the glycol-treated microorganisms to grow on the agar plates was due to actual death of the bacteria. The means by which propylene glycol vapor produces its effect on droplet-borne bacteria is discussed and data relating the bactericidal properties of propylene glycol in vitro to the lethal action of its vapor is presented. Atmospheres containing propylene glycol vapor are invisible, odorless, and non-irritating. This glycol is essentially non-toxic when given orally and intravenously. Tests on possible deleterious effects of breathing propylene glycol containing atmospheres over long periods of time are being carried out.


Read more, Moron.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2135271/


Not to mention that the thousands who quit smoking and went to vaping feel a million times better physically. Can't deny that, dumb shit.

Top

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook