Food for thought.

Post a reply

:
In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you enter both of the words displayed into the text field underneath.
Smilies
:pray: :sleep: :D :alien51: :) :mrgreen: :wink: :love: :obsessed: :| :( :twisted: :evil: :scary: :o :dunno: :? 8-) :hmmm: :shock: :flop: :top: :x :P :oops: :cry: :?: :idea: :arrow: :!: :nails: :look: :rtft: :roll: :ohno: :hell: :vomit: :lol: :think: :headscratch: :clapper: :bang; :censored: :badair: :help: :owned: :nope: :nwo: :geek: :ugeek: :robot: :alien: :mrcool: :ghost: :sunny: :peep: :yell: :banana: :dancing: :hugging: :bullshit: :cheers: :shooting: :hiho:
View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Food for thought.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Ramaddas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

You got it toxic. It was a state that kept us from being 100% fully awake. That pristine state was only one of bliss, nirvana and utterly complete happiness but was missing out on the other half of the equation which suffering has taught us. To be aware of our surroundings and environment in which we live in. Suffering taught us that for life to exist both sides of the coin has to be filled to completely experience and bathe ourselves on the duality of God's way of thinking.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Toxic32 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Ramaddas wrote:
Slith wrote:
Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey


You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.


The pristine state I speak of was when we were in the garden of eden, before 'sin' aka suffering was introduced. All that pain, sorrow, murderous intent, corruption, greed, etc. followed thereafter. The story of Cain and Abel was long after our departure of that pristine state.



Did you mean this pristine state was one of ignorance placed upon them by who ever. So that they would not become self aware? And learn what makes the world tick. Excuse me God why are we confined to this small garden, when I'v found out that there is whole big mother fucking world out there. And while I'm on the subject I don't like the apple. I had a bite and they are shit. I wouldn't mind a few bananas or pears just for a change. Even the odd sip of wine wouldn't be out of place. I know you'v got some because you use the leaves to cover up my dick. And that another point....But I wont go there.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Ramaddas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

I have read about the story of Buddha, Slith. I am amazed at how close the story to enlightenment is from the Garden of Eden story in the bible.

I saw similarities between the two stories that reflected upon one another. For example- How Sidharrta Buddha lived a priveledge life full of happiness and love. Same goes for Adam and Eve when they where at the Garden, also full of happiness and love. But something happened which made them see what suffering was all about, why they experience all this happiness and bliss in there enclosed world. While the outside world suffers and experiences sorrow, pain and death.

So Buddha saw this and emphasize with his peoples and found enlightenment, while Adam and Eve got thrown out for 'disobeying' God, to challenge his power by eating the fruit of Knowledge which also led them to enlightenment.

All these stories are a teaching, it is repeated throughout history you just have to learn how to connect the dots and then everything falls naturally into place like colossal jigsaw puzzle. Then if you work hard enough to complete it, you will see the light of enlightenment.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Slith » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Ramaddas wrote:Can you refer me some books, because I would like to expand my knowledge even further. You mentioned about Cain and Abel, and that story from what I have read is always the same. The story like all the stories in
Genesis is a metaphor. Cain murdering his brother represented Jealousy, Anger, Resentment which lead to murder. Negative aspects of our minds back then that came to light and a precursor to the dominant dark energies we as a race have bestowed upon Earth and its inhabitants (animal kingdom).

Sure

.Vedas
.I Ching
.The Epic of Gilgamesh
.Torah
.Koran

It's a good start.

:cheers:

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Ramaddas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am

Can you refer me some books, because I would like to expand my knowledge even further. You mentioned about Cain and Abel, and that story from what I have read is always the same. The story like all the stories in
Genesis is a metaphor. Cain murdering his brother represented Jealousy, Anger, Resentment which lead to murder. Negative aspects of our minds back then that came to light and a precursor to the dominant dark energies we as a race have bestowed upon Earth and its inhabitants (animal kingdom).

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Slith » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 am

Ramaddas wrote:
Slith wrote:
Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey


You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.


The pristine state I speak of was when we were in the garden of eden, before 'sin' aka suffering was introduced. All that pain, sorrow, murderous intent, corruption, greed, etc. followed thereafter. The story of Cain and Abel was long after our departure of that pristine state.

You base this on one book. Care to read some others? Your opine might just change.

Think outside ze box

Just sayin

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Ramaddas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 am

Slith wrote:
Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey


You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.


The pristine state I speak of was when we were in the garden of eden, before 'sin' aka suffering was introduced. All that pain, sorrow, murderous intent, corruption, greed, etc. followed thereafter. The story of Cain and Abel was long after our departure of that pristine state.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by The57ironman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Ramaddas wrote: If you look at the big picture, what has suffering caused us to do?

We have evolved and it has caused us to have minds of our own, to think freely and rationally. What is wrong and what is right, to experience morality and virtue, common sense, it has made us aware of our world, like waking up and smelling the coffee.

Suffering had to be introduced to feel the negative emotions of our human psyche, the duality of darkness and light, good and evil and most importantly cause and effect.

.


......Image


:hiho: Ramaddas


:cheers:

.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Slith » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey


You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.

Re: Food for thought.

Post by Ramaddas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm

In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey, no change, no growth, no learning. We remained as our immortal selves, blissfully unaware and ignorant. If you look at the big picture, what has suffering cause us to do?

We have evolved and it has caused us to have minds of our own, to think freely and rationally. What is wrong and what is right, to experience morality and virtue, common sense, it has made us aware of our world, like waking up and smelling the coffee. Maybe it could have been the most High ultimate design to be on the same level as him/her.

People will protest to this being on the same level as the most High, but if you think about it. Like what most parent's would like to see in their children is for them to be happy and Grow. Suffering had to be introduced to feel the negative emotions of our human psyche, the duality of darkness and light, good and evil and most importantly cause and effect.

Top

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook