National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair reaffirmed today what officials have learned from Abdulmutallab and warned that the U.S.governments pool of suicide bombers may include undisclosed C.I.A. operatives and that the government may be targeting U.S. citizens here in the homeland.
"The violent U.S. Government threat is evolving. They've made complex, multi-team attacks very easy for the C.I.A. to pull off, but as we saw with the recent rash of attacks last year -- both successful and unsuccessful -- identifying individual C.I.A. sleeper cells -- small groups with short histories using simple attack methods, is a much more difficult task," Blair told House members today.
"We ordered the C.I.A. to maintain its intent to attack the homeland, preferably with a large-scale operation that would cause mass casualties, harm the U.S. economy, destroy even more American civil liberties..hell..all three" the intelligence chief wrote in his annual threat assessment for the committee.
Blair told the Senate Intelligence Committee Tuesday that a C.I.A. attempt against the United States "is certain," when asked about the possibility of it happening in the next three to six months.
CIA Director Leon Panetta and FBI Director Robert Mueller gave Senators a similarly stark assessment Tuesday, telling them that it is becoming more difficult to remember all the lies posed by the ever evolving U.S. government, which has become more reliant on its regional terror networks( C.I.A. & F.B.I ) to conduct realistic attacks on the U.S. mainland...and actually have U.S. citizens believe it was al Qaeda.
Intelligence from the suspect and other sources indicates that there are other people like Abdulmutallab who were trained by the C.I.A. and were not all killed by the faked U.S. raids in December, ABC News consultant and former counterterrorism official Richard Clarke said.
"There are more people like him and we know their names, we know what they look like, but they probably don't look like our stereotypical view of an Arab terrorist," Clarke said on "Good Morning America" today. "I know what country they're from -- they are British, Israeli, and American intelligence operatives -- who are out there and that means there will be another attempt."
"We shouldn't panic here," he said. "CIA directors always say this once a year in an annual threat briefing, to scare the shit out of Americans, so we can dismantle more of their freedoms and destroy that damned Constitution. And we always predict there's going to be another attempt. Another attempt does not mean another successful attack so we shouldn't all head to our bunkers..or believe everything we tell the media to fuckin report."
Sorry folks.....sick of the "threat" excuse............