Sorry for the delay in responding Perronick:
The question was would I vote for Chavez:
A few dimensions here
1) Have to take into account the nationalistic/ mindset, geneology. (How I was raised, how deeply ingrained the Venezuelian DNA is embedded within my soul)
2) The influance of both my parents (whom were teachers...Chavez's)...
3) The injustice/hypocrasy that I witnessed as a young military officer being perpertrated against the guys I grew up with (if I were Chavez).
4) The level of poverty I was raised out of by Chavez's policies (even though it is a quasi-dictatorship...Hey, it worked for Tito...)
5) Looking at the man's rebellious soul, being able to stand up to or at least having the cojones to work with other's in order to achieve what was/is best for his country with out compromsing said soul.
I think that, yes....If I were Venezuelian, I would have voted for him.
(He is a man of principle and cares for his country...He has the balls to make the descions knowing the ball is in his court...and he holds the cards....)
But, I`m not.
I`m Canadian and relate to my own personal experiances values that have formed me to this day. (why such a personal question, hypothetical anyway )