Prelude to Monkey Invasion

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 am » by Otomon

Five chimpanzees in the west African country of Guinea have figured out how to deactivate snare traps set by human hunters. What they've learned might even be passed down from chimp generation to generation.

The snare traps are used in the Bossou region of Guinea primarily to capture cane rats. The locals don't eat chimpanzees because the chimpanzees are thought to be the reincarnation of their ancestors, but the snares will trap and kill anything that wanders inside. Still, the Bossou chimpanzees suffer far fewer snare deaths than their counterparts elsewhere, and it's all because they've learned how to avoid this deadly fate.

Researchers from the Japan Monkey Center observed five different male chimpanzees deactivate snares on six separate occasions. Once, they saw a chimp shake a snare until it broke. Another time, a group of adult chimps and a juvenile male came across a trap. The youngest chimp then managed to make the ropes holding the snare together become untied, rendering the trap harmless. All these chimps seemed quite expert and none met with any injuries - indeed, any mistake made would have almost certainly killed or maimed the chimp.

The researchers believe these behaviors have actually been passed down from generation to generation, which is supported by the fact that the juvenile chimp handled the deactivation when it's highly unlikely he was the most experienced of the party. Only the chimps in the Bossou region have displayed this ability. It's possible that this all comes from an individual chimp a few generations back who escaped a snare and passed down these behaviors to all that followed.

What's really amazing is that it isn't one specific action the chimps use to destroy the snares - multiple methods are used, suggesting the chimps really do perceive the snare as a general threat that can be dealt with using different strategies, and not just a stimulus that provokes a particular unthinking response. I guess we can only hope they don't start thinking of humans in the same way, or we really are officially entering Planet of the Apes territory.

article is from Discovery News
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 6:55 am » by Niji666

what's that thing about the monkeys learning a symphony if you leave them to it for a long period? I think a lot of animals are far more intelligent that what they seem and especially given time to adapt. Apart from my dog who i don't even think has a brain and looks at me like i'm stupid when i shout at her for farting like she did earlier and stunk the room out.lol

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 am » by Newearthman

Beware of the monkey that drinks champane and smokes ciggars in his night coat!

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 am » by Otomon

niji666 wrote:what's that thing about the monkeys learning a symphony if you leave them to it for a long period? I think a lot of animals are far more intelligent that what they seem and especially given time to adapt. Apart from my dog who i don't even think has a brain and looks at me like i'm stupid when i shout at her for farting like she did earlier and stunk the room out.lol

Conclusion,

Lets kill every non-human species.

We can not allow this fuckers to evolve.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Writer

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:02 am » by Dragonfly1

I believe that the planet of the apes is a real possibility in a future time of earth.

Humans are SOBs and WILL one day kill themselves off --almost-- (maybe the best thing) and something else then, will take over this planet as the dominant force.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 am » by Constabul

Monkey Banana Raffle

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 am » by Niji666

otomon wrote:
niji666 wrote:what's that thing about the monkeys learning a symphony if you leave them to it for a long period? I think a lot of animals are far more intelligent that what they seem and especially given time to adapt. Apart from my dog who i don't even think has a brain and looks at me like i'm stupid when i shout at her for farting like she did earlier and stunk the room out.lol

Conclusion,

How far do you want to go with that because there are lots of species around or do you really mean every single one, and don't you think us human's are heading toward been over evolved. Draining our own resources dry and killing each other off. At the end of the day the monkey's are only trying to survive in a world where the higher power are fucking them over, so their survival instincts are kicking in. Imagine your on a planet with beings that treat you like a dumb animal. you would adapt but never take over because that wouldn't be your goal

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:12 am » by Otomon

niji666 wrote:
otomon wrote:

Conclusion,

How far do you want to go with that because there are lots of species around or do you really mean every single one, and don't you think us human's are heading toward been over evolved. Draining our own resources dry and killing each other off. At the end of the day the monkey's are only trying to survive in a world where the higher power are fucking them over, so their survival instincts are kicking in. Imagine your on a planet with beings that treat you like a dumb animal. you would adapt but never take over because that wouldn't be your goal

Kill every single critter in this world, specially monkeys, they are fucking scum, and we must eliminate them asap so their "instincts" do not become a problem.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE! JUST BLOW THIS FUCKING PLANET ALREADY!

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am » by Niji666

i'm with you sort of, the planets fucked but even you must agree the monkey's are the least of it's problems.
Your fellow man are giving the animals reason to evolve. and it's them(us) that give's you reason to be pist at the baboons.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 25, 2011 7:22 am » by Niji666

And another point i might add is this evolution from monkey shit just isn't right. How many half way nearly man monkey's have you seen latley. precisely none! full of shit monkey's will always be dumb monkeys

Next