Prescription drugs, doctors, side effects,and old people

Initiate

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 am » by Lisakitty

Please take the time to read about this important subject matter by clicking on this link. It is very disturbing how easily people can get caught up in this unhealthy trap. Be sure to also view the videos, which really hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

http://lisakittyshottopics.blogspot.com/2009/06/prescription-drugs-side-effects-doctors.html

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 1:30 am » by Lowsix

Well, the problem i see with topics like this, is that while the premise is direct, and corroborated, and even true, it does not solve the intricate problem, nor even attempt to address the main question:

What level of standard care and prescription care are approppriate? And is there a responsibility of the homeopathic industry to acknowldege that modern medicine, despite its problems with care implementation, DOES render significant postitive effect? And what effecting agency is best suited to educate the public of the differences and pitfalls of each?

The big problem, just as pharma is Lobby driven, Homeopathology is ALSO advocate driven..generally by those who are selling said 'natural cures".

There is no middle ground in the debate, as evidenced when debating the issue..
You will find a general negation of modern or institutionalized medicine..a broad brushed dismissal, BASED on cases like your anecdote, and other similar examples..Cancer cures is one field, arthritis another..

My parents ran a health food store from the late 70's through the late 80's and eventualyl gave it up becuase of complaints from the CUSTOMERS that all of these supplements, and cures, and alternative approaches werent working..It became impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff, becuase none of it was ever subject to Double Blinds or broad study and claims were basically written by marketing departments..

Homeopaths propose that basically ALL modern medicine is a sham, and a scam, and Modern Medicine asserts that homeopathy isnt subject to traditional double blind study (across the board, and in general) so that THEY are unwilling to advocate natural medicine.

Where is the compromise?
What is the solution?
What institution is capable of discerning the claims, versus the science, versus the faith?
And how does that practical, applied solution find its way into the minds of those asking healthy questions..?

Alternative medicine basically throw the baby out with the bathwater, while Modern Mdicine basically denies that the baby is wet.

LOVE your site, and enjoy reading your posts Lisa..
Dont be such a stranger..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 2:04 am » by Lisakitty

Thanks for your insight on this important subject low six. I do appreciate your opinion.
I was compelled to blog about it because of discussions involving my mom and her many doctor visits and prescription drug usage.
When I was growing up the only ones, who were going to the doctor in my family, were me and my two brothers, for annual check ups. My mom avoided doctors, for herself, like the plague. For example, she had her first pap smear when she was 70. I find it to be abusive, and expensive, for her to be caught up in that trap, when she is on a fixed income, which of course doesn't stretch all that far in the first place, while medicare barely covers those expenses, which adds up on a monthly basis.

BE SMARTER IN THE NEW AGE

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 am » by Drextin

L6, that has to be one of the most impressive and insightful posts I've ever read. Seriously man, you kinda put it all in perspective without calling either side the enemy.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 4:54 am » by Slith

I currently work in a long term care environment home. The amount of drugs these people are given even before breakfast practically make them comatose. One lady recieves 17 pills, all prescribed before breakfast, and more at each meal. The aged, do not have the tolerance for this, but they dose them up and drug the shit out of them to control them. I mean I'm very healthy and vital, but if I was given that amount of prescription drugs i would be totally out of it. And I've known a drug or two in my day. Unfortunately, society today is controlled by drugs. Whether kids are being controlled by ritallin (ADD etc), mainsteam floks on meth, coke et al or the older generation drugged til they can't function anymore kind of says a lot about our society right now. It funny how the governments promote this "say no to drugs" campaign, yet there are many out there that have no choice because it is being forced upon them. It might not be the weed, which is pretty much harmless, but it's the hardcore stuff that the body becomes dependent on. IM
Peace,
Slith

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 7:32 am » by Lowsix

drextin wrote:L6, that has to be one of the most impressive and insightful posts I've ever read. Seriously man, you kinda put it all in perspective without calling either side the enemy.

hey thanks man, yeah both sides have half the truth,
id love to know which one to beleive for real...
It seems as though neither side is really willing to be 100% honest to educate us..so in THAT sense theyre both bad guys..
but both offer benefits too..so yea..zero sum game..witha lot of confused sick people that dont knwo where to turn..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 1:01 pm » by Nuada

dlslith wrote:I currently work in a long term care environment home. The amount of drugs these people are given even before breakfast practically make them comatose. One lady recieves 17 pills, all prescribed before breakfast, and more at each meal. The aged, do not have the tolerance for this, but they dose them up and drug the shit out of them to control them. I mean I'm very healthy and vital, but if I was given that amount of prescription drugs i would be totally out of it. And I've known a drug or two in my day. Unfortunately, society today is controlled by drugs. Whether kids are being controlled by ritallin (ADD etc), mainsteam floks on meth, coke et al or the older generation drugged til they can't function anymore kind of says a lot about our society right now. It funny how the governments promote this "say no to drugs" campaign, yet there are many out there that have no choice because it is being forced upon them. It might not be the weed, which is pretty much harmless, but it's the hardcore stuff that the body becomes dependent on. IM
Peace,
Slith

I knew a dog once that used to be on so many tablets from the vet that the vet said he thought it was the drugs that we're keeping her alive.She had a heart murmor her entire life but this never killed her. She was a little spaniel and she lived way beyond her life expectancy, perhaps thanks to the drugs!

I know your talking humans here but i thought it a cool story. She was a nice dog called Breagh.

Anyway...
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm » by Drextin

dlslith wrote:I currently work in a long term care environment home. The amount of drugs these people are given even before breakfast practically make them comatose. One lady recieves 17 pills, all prescribed before breakfast, and more at each meal. The aged, do not have the tolerance for this, but they dose them up and drug the shit out of them to control them. I mean I'm very healthy and vital, but if I was given that amount of prescription drugs i would be totally out of it. And I've known a drug or two in my day. Unfortunately, society today is controlled by drugs. Whether kids are being controlled by ritallin (ADD etc), mainsteam floks on meth, coke et al or the older generation drugged til they can't function anymore kind of says a lot about our society right now. It funny how the governments promote this "say no to drugs" campaign, yet there are many out there that have no choice because it is being forced upon them. It might not be the weed, which is pretty much harmless, but it's the hardcore stuff that the body becomes dependent on. IM
Peace,
Slith

My mother has worked with the elderly a lot in her life and it was always crazy to see the amount of drugs they had to take for various conditions but the real craziness was the amount of drugs they had to take to counteract the side effects of the primary drugs and then drugs to counteract the counteractors......and on and on. In the end you wondered did they actually prolong their lives or did they make what time they had left miserable?
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 pm » by Samkenman

I am a "natualist" of sorts and have done a whole lot of research on the human body and it's chemisty, so much so the last time I was at the doctor's office for a broken finger the nurses and doctors asked me if I was one of them. I know there are some seriously bad drugs out there and at the same time I always come across some "snake oil salesman" claiming a cure for cancer. It is very hard to know the difference....and that is the greatest shame of all.
I have a friend that once fell at work and broke her tail bone, ya know, that little nub at the bottom of your spine, anyway...it was very painfull and the doc's couldn't exactly cast it. So what did they do...they presciber her pain pills to ease her discomfort. That one prescription turned into an almost decade long addcition to opiate pain pills and she suffered a thousand times more pain than that broken bone ever thought of dishing out. Through my research, I have found that many of the common drugs prescribed to patients throw the body's chemistry for a major loop. In this "acidic" state the body is unable to conduct many basic funtions. One of the major side effects of opiate pain pills is that they prevent your body from absorbing nutrients like vitamen C,D and a host of others. So when a person is tring to get off pain pills, not only are they fighting the addictive quality of the drug they are also combating mal-nutrition. I don't have all the answers, but I can tell you from personal experience that there ARE natural cures that DO work. Do your own research and be sure to read between the lines! Beware the "snake oil salsmen" and for the love of god, the next time you get a sniffle or cough...don't go to the doc for a pill. Chances are...you made yourself sick through an un-balanced diet...too much of one thing and not enough of another. Always remember...balance
Take it easy...and if its easy...take it twice!!

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm » by Lowsix

samkenman wrote:I am a "natualist" of sorts and have done a whole lot of research on the human body and it's chemisty, so much so the last time I was at the doctor's office for a broken finger the nurses and doctors asked me if I was one of them. I know there are some seriously bad drugs out there and at the same time I always come across some "snake oil salesman" claiming a cure for cancer. It is very hard to know the difference....and that is the greatest shame of all.
I have a friend that once fell at work and broke her tail bone, ya know, that little nub at the bottom of your spine, anyway...it was very painfull and the doc's couldn't exactly cast it. So what did they do...they presciber her pain pills to ease her discomfort. That one prescription turned into an almost decade long addcition to opiate pain pills and she suffered a thousand times more pain than that broken bone ever thought of dishing out. Through my research, I have found that many of the common drugs prescribed to patients throw the body's chemistry for a major loop. In this "acidic" state the body is unable to conduct many basic funtions. One of the major side effects of opiate pain pills is that they prevent your body from absorbing nutrients like vitamen C,D and a host of others. So when a person is tring to get off pain pills, not only are they fighting the addictive quality of the drug they are also combating mal-nutrition. I don't have all the answers, but I can tell you from personal experience that there ARE natural cures that DO work. Do your own research and be sure to read between the lines! Beware the "snake oil salsmen" and for the love of god, the next time you get a sniffle or cough...don't go to the doc for a pill. Chances are...you made yourself sick through an un-balanced diet...too much of one thing and not enough of another. Always remember...balance

Absolutely could not agree more.

Being a naturalist, what is your take, on how the average layman is supposed to get through the wheat/chaff portions of both Modern medicine AND the Herbalist Salesmen..to find the middle way as it were?

The truth lies in between, but how do you dig thru it all reliably?

Thanks for chiming in.

Next