Primordial Dwarfism- Source of Leprechaun Legends?

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 am » by -Marduk-

Primordial Dwarfism- Source of Leprechaun Legends?

Kenadie (primordial dwarfism) w Jake Petruzzelli (Achondroplastic Dwarfism) Both age 2

Upload to Disclose.tv

Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley … was born Feb.13, 2003, weighing just 2 lbs, 8 ounces. Doctors were at a loss as to why she was born so small … at the age of 8 months, Kenadie was finally diagnosed with primordial dwarfism, a genetic condition that is believed to affect only about 100 people in the world. She isn’t expected to grow past about 30 inches or weigh more than 8 pounds…. Nearing the age of four, Kenadie now walks, runs, laughs, smiles and is beginning to talk.

Some history:

Caroline Crachami was the first recognized individual with primordial dwarfism. She was born in Palermo, Italy in 1815. The exact history is unclear, but she traveled with a “Dr. Gilligan” with whom she did many appearances and exhibitions in London. Various descriptions arose from these exhibitions. She reportedly knew enough English to express herself fluently and her voice was described as thin and high-pitched.

Shortly before her death in 1824, a journalist named William Jerdan published her measurements. Her height was 19 ½ inches, the length of her foot, 3 1/8 inches and the length of her forefinger, 17/8 inches. Her head circumference was measured at 123/8 inches and her waist circumference, 11 ¼ inches. He wrote:

“Only imagine a creature about half as large as a new-born infant; perfect in all its parts and lineaments, uttering words in a strange, unearthly voice, understanding what you say and replying to your questions. Imagine I say, this figure of about 19 ½ inches in height and 5 pounds in weight, and you will have some idea of this most extraordinary phenomenon.”

Upload to Disclose.tv

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 5:01 am » by Lucidlemondrop

dude...........You are so cracking me up.........

Not because of the content of this thread, Marduk........I have watched Oprah and seen some other hype on these conditions...........And my heartfelt blessings are extended to all effected.

It just cracks me up that you posted this!

:peep:
What a long strange trip it's been..............