Prison time haunts freed ex-agents

Initiate

PostSat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 am » by Inhdi

Geez....who's gonna feel bad for the poor wee cops? :hell:
At least now they know how it feels...if the myth is true, then it was a particular hell for them. (i guess you can all tell now i have a thing for people that decide to make their living strapping a killing artifact at their waste...) :hell:

Prison time haunts freed ex-agents
Want Supreme Court review
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/21/freed-ex-agents-are-haunted-by-time-in-prison/
Sara A. Carter - Saturday, March 21, 2009

Former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio "Nacho" Ramos wakes up in the middle of the night expecting a guard to shine a flashlight in his face. Jose Alonso Compean, his colleague, still has nightmares that he's not really home.

It has not been easy readjusting to life outside their one-man prison cells, where they spent the last two years of their lives in segregation.

Since the commutation of their sentences by George W. Bush on his last day as president, the former agents, who were charged with the nonfatal shooting of a Mexican national after he abandoned a load of marijuana near the border, are learning to live in the world again.

Since being released from prison on Feb. 17, both men were confined to house arrest for 31 days and were barred from speaking to the news media until their sentences ended Friday.

In an exclusive interview with The Washington Times, the two men, now fighting to have their convictions wiped off the record, spoke of their ordeal since the incident in Fabens, Texas, in 2005 that changed their lives.

Mr. Ramos and Mr. Compean were convicted of causing serious bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence, and a civil rights violation. They were sentenced to 11 and 12 years in prison, respectively.

Mr. Ramos' attorney, David Botsford, has asked the Supreme Court to review the convictions, and an answer as to whether the court will review the case is expected within a week, the agents said.

"It's been tough," Mr. Ramos said by telephone.

"Growing up as a kid, your parents tell you don't do anything bad because you could end up in prison. I didn't do anything bad, but there I was," Mr. Ramos said. "I love my country, still do, and still I would sit in the prison cell [and] wonder: How did I end up in a place I never thought I would be in million years?

"But I had faith in God, I had my family, and I had so many people from across the country that never forgot about me. It pulled me through."

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 12:10 am » by Lowsix

inhdi wrote:Geez....who's gonna feel bad for the poor wee cops? :hell:
At least now they know how it feels...if the myth is true, then it was a particular hell for them. (i guess you can all tell now i have a thing for people that decide to make their living strapping a killing artifact at their waste...) :hell:

There have been some really stupid fucking things said in this forum,
but this one tops my new list.

Most people I find that say stupid ass shit like you just did are generally criminals themselves, thus their indifference and hatred for those people who lay down their lives to enforce the law. What, you smoke a little weed, so you think all cops should die and or be tortured?

So which is it?
You a retard, criminal, coward??..all three?

I wish I could tatoo these moronic quotes onto your forehead, so next time you need the police to protect you, they could see what you REALLy believe about them. See how much help you'd get then. its people like you who are the FIRST to go crying to the law when your stuff is stolen, or someone attacks you, or your house gets broken into, but oh yeah..you wish harm on them all for doing their job.

You're a filthy coward.

By the way, your stupid ass link forgets to mention, that the drug running illegal alien, wrecked his van after a lengthy chase while bringing 700 pounds of ILLEGAL drugs into the country. And 8 months after his incident was caught yet AGAIN bringing nearly 800 POUNDS of drugs into the country. But he got an unlimited visa to roam the country at will, while those who fought to enforce the law, got sentenced.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...