Prison Workers take jobs from civilians.

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 2:22 am » by Shaggietrip

I read this article and it reminded me of the nazis building their war machine. The political say they want to do things about unemployment and how much they care for us. Well after reading this I say B.S. So what this is telling me is that my taxes dollars are not only going to feed the prisoners,clothe them. not to mention medical and schooling . But now also the are taking jobs away! WTF is wrong here? Or am over reacting.

Defense Contractors Using Prison Labor Rather Than Highly Paid, Unionized Workers

Defense Contractors Using Prison Labor to Build High-Tech Weapons Systems
Prison labor seems like a win-win to many, but a closer look reveals a race to the bottom for skilled workers.

April 28, 2011

AlterNet - It is a little known fact of the attack on Libya that some of the components of the cruise missiles being launched into the country mayl have been made by prisoners in the United States. According to its website, UNICOR, which is the organization that represents Federal Prison Industries, “supplies numerous electronic components and service for guided missiles, including the Patriot Advanced Capability Missile (PAC-3)”.

In addition to constructing electronic components for missiles, prison labor in the United States is used to make electronic cables for defense items like “the McDonnell Douglas/Boeing (BA) F-15, the General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16, Bell/Textron’s (TXT) Cobra helicopter, as well as electro-optical equipment for the BAE Systems”.

Traditionally these types of defense jobs would have gone to highly paid, unionized workers. However the prison workers building parts for these missiles earn a starting wage of 23 cents an hour and can only make a maximum of $1.15 an hour. Nearly 1 in 100 adults are in jail in the United States and are exempt from our minimum wage laws, creating a sizable captive workforce that could undercut outside wage standards.

"It's no different than when our government allowed a United Steelworkers-represented factory of several hundred good jobs in Indiana called Magnequench to shut down," United Steelworkers Public Affairs Director Gary Hubbard told AlterNet. "This was the last high-tech magnetics production plant in the U.S. that made guidance components for missiles and smart bombs. The factory was sold to a Chinese state enterprise that moved all the machinery to China. And now we depend on prison labor to build our defense products?"

Rest of story and source:http://www.lambslain.com/
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 2:34 am » by Tinman4higher

Prisons for profit is not a new idea...
http://youtu.be/QXH3DlW3vMs

Upload to Disclose.tv

prisoners = slaves
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 3:18 am » by Shaggietrip

tinman4higher wrote:Prisons for profit is not a new idea...
http://youtu.be/QXH3DlW3vMs

Upload to Disclose.tv

prisoners = slaves

Thank you for posting the video. I agree that it is not a new idea. But I think it would be a good thing at times like this to give the jobs to the people who are not a threat to society (in jail). If America does not start investing in itself the it is truly doomed.

:hugging:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 3:40 am » by Roadkill

Corporations will have their slave labor.

If they can't have the Mexicans they will use prisoners...if they can't have those, they will just make everyone a prisoner.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 3:46 am » by Shaggietrip

roadkill wrote:Corporations will have their slave labor.

If they can't have the Mexicans they will use prisoners...if they can't have those, they will just make everyone a prisoner.

Well now. I believe I may have to agree with you on the statement above. It is getting more in your face fact the we are indeed slaves.

:help:
ImageImage

Initiate

PostSun May 15, 2011 3:58 am » by Christomite

Damn prisoners. Worthless no good felons. It's not good enough that once they get out of prison they can't get a job, let's make sure they can't have one while they are there as well.

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 4:09 am » by Shaggietrip

christomite wrote:Damn prisoners. Worthless no good felons. It's not good enough that once they get out of prison they can't get a job, let's make sure they can't have one while they are there as well.

You may troll if you wish. Maybe you are not getting my point. They have a place to stay. They have food to eat. They have medical and even education in prison. Not to mention heat electricity etc. I am not saying they are worthless. I am trying to say that there are unemployed people loosing homes and going hungry. I spose the next step would be If you want a job go to prison!

Just sayin
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 4:36 am » by Roadkill

shaggietrip wrote:
christomite wrote:Damn prisoners. Worthless no good felons. It's not good enough that once they get out of prison they can't get a job, let's make sure they can't have one while they are there as well.

You may troll if you wish. Maybe you are not getting my point. They have a place to stay. They have food to eat. They have medical and even education in prison. Not to mention heat electricity etc. I am not saying they are worthless. I am trying to say that there are unemployed people loosing homes and going hungry. I spose the next step would be If you want a job go to prison!

Just sayin

The best career move someone can make is committing manslaughter at 15, that way you get a free ride through college and earn street cred at the same time. Then when you get out it will be expunged from your record since you were a minor and you will walk away with a masters degree.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Initiate

PostSun May 15, 2011 4:46 am » by Christomite

roadkill wrote:
shaggietrip wrote:

Just sayin

The best career move someone can make is committing manslaughter at 15, that way you get a free ride through college and earn street cred at the same time. Then when you get out it will be expunged from your record since you were a minor and you will walk away with a masters degree.

Yeah that happens all the time.....

Initiate

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:40 am » by Disorganizer81

A response to fascism is communism

A response to communism is fascism

Mao and hitler both realized there was very little difference between their ideoligies

Corporations do need to be wiped out, not to kill capitalism, but because they pervert capitalism.

Next