Private Security Firms To Bid For Contracts

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 am » by Muchtyman

Police To Invite Private Security Firms To Bid For Contracts In Surrey And West Midlands

Police are set to bring in private companies to investigate crimes and patrol neighbourhoods, it has been was reported.

Two forces, West Midlands and Surrey, are asking security firms to bid for contracts, worth £1.5bn over seven years, to run some services that are currently carried out by officers, according to the Guardian.

Successful firms would have a wide range of responsibilities, including detaining suspects and responding to incidents, but would not be able to arrest suspects.

In a briefing note sent to companies, which was seen by the newspaper, all services that "can be legally delegated to the private sector" are potentially up for contract.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03 ... 18063.html

Where did I hear this before , oh yes , that fkn loony Icke ............... :twisted:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 am » by Constabul

Well, when you have a failing economic system bogged down in generational welfare, it is likely less expensive to out source the work verses trying to train more government employees to deal with lesser issues of crime prevention.

These groups are not coming in as officers it seems.

So do you spend all the extra money the government does not have to educate and train people or spend a lesser amount, and let another security group handle the small stuff, and only bring in the officers when it is really needed.

Go to many private run businesses and you will find this model at work.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:33 am » by Muchtyman

constabul wrote:Well, when you have a failing economic system bogged down in generational welfare, it is likely less expensive to out source the work verses trying to train more government employees to deal with lesser issues of crime prevention.

So do you spend all the extra money the government does not have to educate and train people or spend a lesser amount, and let another security group handle the small stuff, and only bring in the officers when it is really needed.

Private companies are only accountable to their shareholders , The Police are supposedly accountable to the people .

Or maybe I've been on sites like this too long ....................................... :twisted:

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 am » by Constabul

muchtyman wrote:
constabul wrote:Well, when you have a failing economic system bogged down in generational welfare, it is likely less expensive to out source the work verses trying to train more government employees to deal with lesser issues of crime prevention.

Private companies are only accountable to their shareholders , The Police are supposedly accountable to the people .

Or maybe I've been on sites like this too long ....................................... :twisted:

Not true, You have some private security guy or gal fuck up and they certianly will be held accountable, as will the company.
This is a sue happy culture we live in. It will not somehow suddenly change.

What would be more alarming, instead of a joe smith security guard in your grocery store, or clothing store if there was a cop standing there.

You think guys with ar-15s in BDUs are going to be responding to calls or something? Lol

Come on man be realistic. Blackwater is not going to come in and do security. Some group with likely upper middle aged over weight twinky huffers are going to respond to lesser crime calls and free up police personnel to harass you else where.

Until i see otherwise, My opinion of this is really a non story, other then a cost saver.
That's my opinion, don't like it..
Eh whatever.
:rtft:

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:47 am » by Muchtyman

@ constabul , Time will tell , you must be the trusting type , all I know is that private companies doing security , usually isn't good news .

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 1:54 am » by Constabul

muchtyman wrote:@ constabul , Time will tell , you must be the trusting type , all I know is that private companies doing security , usually isn't good news .

Not really trusting, just know the industry.

Private security companies doing security, in general, are no where near what you seem to think they are, Which seems to be "Nefarious" in nature. I could be wrong on what you think.

There are only a few that are big military style groups. The rest are twinky huffing wanna be style. peeps in their early 40s to 50s trying to make a buck.
In any case there is no such thing as 0 accountability when in that sort of limelight.

But either way yup, will see.

:cheers:

Initiate

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 5:35 am » by Tgwusauk

muchtyman wrote:

Private companies are only accountable to their shareholders , The Police are supposedly accountable to the people .Or maybe I've been on sites like this too long ....................................... :twisted:

All UK police forces are registered as corporations, consequently they will have shareholders