professor faked drug research over 12 years

Master Conspirator

PostMon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 pm » by Drjones

Influential US anaesthesia professor faked drug research over 12 years
http://www.anhcampaign.org/news/influen ... r-12-years :rtft:

An influential Massachusetts anaesthesia professor pleaded guilty on 22nd February 2010, to one count of federal health care fraud, after being accused of faking research for 12 years. Dr Scott Reuben’s ‘work’ on postoperative pain management using pharmaceutical drugs such as the contoversial Vioxx and Celebrex was published in scientific journals such as ‘Anesthesia & Analgesia’. 21 of his published studies were retracted last year.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 am » by Princessleia

This doesn't really surprise me given that doctors and health insurance companies kind of screw us in the United States.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 am » by Drjones

princessleia wrote:This doesn't really surprise me given that doctors and health insurance companies kind of screw us in the United States.

Me neither,it's a crazy world,i can confidently say no amount of money in the world etc would make me falsify something,especially when you are dealing with people's lives...This is more common than we know i bet amongst the drug companies...i've read numerous well respected articles about the corruption...but it's all good i say...if you want real health you gotta go it alone and take control of it.... :wink:

Initiate

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 am » by Princessleia

drjones wrote:
princessleia wrote:This doesn't really surprise me given that doctors and health insurance companies kind of screw us in the United States.

Me neither,it's a crazy world,i can confidently say no amount of money in the world etc would make me falsify something,especially when you are dealing with people's lives...This is more common than we know i bet amongst the drug companies...i've read numerous well respected articles about the corruption...but it's all good i say...if you want real health you gotta go it alone and take control of it.... :wink:

Oh yea, definitely. I am sick of all that is going on behind the scenes we don't really know about. Hopefully one day, more people will stand up to what they are doing.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 am » by Drjones

princessleia wrote:
drjones wrote:

Oh yea, definitely. I am sick of all that is going on behind the scenes we don't really know about. Hopefully one day, more people will stand up to what they are doing.

Yes Leia,i believe they are!!How are you? ;)

Initiate

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 am » by Princessleia

Well, they are doing more about it now than what they use to... So, I guess I can't complain too much. I am great, how are you?

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 02, 2010 10:20 am » by Drjones

princessleia wrote:Well, they are doing more about it now than what they use to... So, I guess I can't complain too much. I am great, how are you?

Well if you're great,i'm REALLY great.It's 8am here,got a few things to do today.Getting off this PC will be one of them. :flop: