PS4/Xbox One Launch Disasters Imminent!

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 3:37 am » by Phoenix rising

I understand your angle Doogle there are to many distractions for sure and yes i agree this is also one, as much as it probably distracts the masses it hasn't me hence being on this site, in many ways the general overlook of Gaming is that its a kids/teenage endeavour but the surprising thing is you find people of all ages on it, i myself am 44 and a lot of connection i have on their are people of my age or even higher, like i said the actual gaming can be secondary, the downside is that there are games that should never even get considered for release yet they are out there with kids playing on them, for sure we need more regulation on content, i appreciate your view and you are right in some respects :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 am » by Doogle

Phoenix rising wrote:I understand your angle Doogle there are to many distractions for sure and yes i agree this is also one, as much as it probably distracts the masses it hasn't me hence being on this site, in many ways the general overlook of Gaming is that its a kids/teenage endeavour but the surprising thing is you find people of all ages on it, i myself am 44 and a lot of connection i have on their are people of my age or even higher, like i said the actual gaming can be secondary, the downside is that there are games that should never even get considered for release yet they are out there with kids playing on them, for sure we need more regulation on content, i appreciate your view and you are right in some respects :flop:

44! Time to get your bus pass my friend. :D

OK, I'm focussing on the war type game here. What's so fun about it? Why do so many peeps want to play the soldier, yet I bet if offered a tour in ....... they would shiver. Do the players think the kids in general in countries stricken by such violence find it amusing. How would it feel to be bombed out of ones home to find that others make a mockery of it and indulge a weird sense of pleasure and excitement in it?
Cue the vids of a kid with limbs blown off playing blah blah.

What next? Starvation Sudoku. Murder monopoly. Musical electric chairs.?? Trivial I know. But the point remains; Is it deliberate desensitising?

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 am » by Temps13

I find war games quite boring unless the game engine is real chunky enemies (as opposed to little pixels) that jerk about when you shoot them haha (like the cop in robocop when he gets shot)
-that never gets old
No seriously,shooters are boring its the group interaction you get in an mmo..like in DCUO,being a super hero or villain in a team & fighting other teams & stuff with powers is pretty cool I think..
flying around & being better than the next man through grinding..s' pretty cool..(sends you blind though & out of shape).I used to be a tank & could deck like,noob super heroes by the dozen send em flying.But you could also play a healer or controller..Healer might suit you Doog
You got people from all over so you learn languages too..you should get on the server when ps4 hits Doog & we'll make a dtv team-that'd be cool :lol:
Or it could be like,better than chess,a good map to play against someone else for the territory..like an armchair general of strategy games-battalion wars springs to mind (Wii)
Land ,sea & air
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 pm » by Vulcanic

i got the ps4,got lucky waited in line was number 7 :flop: and got one the morning it came out..

here is what i think :

good things are,
You can open up the party voice chat and talk to friends while all being on different games. or you can just use party chat in any game, like dc universe ,me and my buddy were trying to play but the dc server was horrible with the mic we could barely hear each other over the static so we opened up ps4 party voice chat and played dc it worked great.

the voice command is kool, but very limited.

movies that i bought on ps3 were inside the ps4 music unlimited.

games that i owned on ps3 that were in the ps4 store showed i owned them and let me download for free.

the ps4 mailbox has a new option to send friends a 15sec voice mail, i love that feature.

control pad has speakers built into it and for some games it gives a cool surround sound while playing.

it runs really fast and loads fast, dc universe has ps3 and ps4 players and you can feel the difference in a ps4 after playing for awhile on ps3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what i don't like :

you can no longer put your digital music into the ps4 and no visual effects for music,, only music on ps4 is a paid monthly music unlimited app :top: no more music folder.

you can not load your own digital movies into the ps4 ,you have to buy the movies from the ps store.

ps3 HOME is not on ps4 (heard rumors ps home beta might go unbeta and live on the ps4 in time)

ps4 comes with 500 gigs but a lot of these games now are from 30 gigs -90 gigs so 500 gigs is not very much, but ps4 can be upgraded to a 2000 gig.

i also had issues with the knack game....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

over all i like ps4 a lot! most of the things bad about it can be patched in later, ps4 is first trying to do the most for games and gaming atm so putting music/movies back in won't happen, i was told by the ps rep that music/movie laws are tighter so unlikely.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 pm » by Phoenix rising

I'll not be getting any till their at least half the retail price they are, if that means a 2 year wait so be it, besides there's hundreds of titles i haven't played that can keep me occupied till that time, the whispers are that they are both selling like hotcakes but most of all my xbox pals have not upgraded to either of them, i think they are vastly overpriced with some bs features not many gamers give a shit about, for me its a big :top: :top: :top:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 pm » by Vulcanic

Phoenix rising wrote:I'll not be getting any till their at least half the retail price they are, if that means a 2 year wait so be it, besides there's hundreds of titles i haven't played that can keep me occupied till that time, the whispers are that they are both selling like hotcakes but most of all my xbox pals have not upgraded to either of them, i think they are vastly overpriced with some bs features not many gamers give a shit about, for me its a big :top: :top: :top:

ps4 was only 399 thats cheap,ps3 costed a lot too, xbox one is 499 only because it comes with connect.

all i can say is because i bought it on the first day i got 10 games for free,, games are not cheap and those games if added up cost the same as a ps4 its a win win deal not to mention first dibs on things in games. like we figure out all glitches and then they hurry to fix them, i will always be first in line for systems, i am getting sick of the games prices, pay 59-69 bucks for a new game and try return it 3 days later and get told 20 bucks lol

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 11:53 pm » by Opalserpent

Vulcanic wrote:
Phoenix rising wrote:I'll not be getting any till their at least half the retail price they are, if that means a 2 year wait so be it, besides there's hundreds of titles i haven't played that can keep me occupied till that time, the whispers are that they are both selling like hotcakes but most of all my xbox pals have not upgraded to either of them, i think they are vastly overpriced with some bs features not many gamers give a shit about, for me its a big :top: :top: :top:

ps4 was only 399 thats cheap,ps3 costed a lot too, xbox one is 499 only because it comes with connect.

all i can say is because i bought it on the first day i got 10 games for free,, games are not cheap and those games if added up cost the same as a ps4 its a win win deal not to mention first dibs on things in games. like we figure out all glitches and then they hurry to fix them, i will always be first in line for systems, i am getting sick of the games prices, pay 59-69 bucks for a new game and try return it 3 days later and get told 20 bucks lol

You lucky bastard. I have to wait till the 24th. Enjoy. :peep:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 pm » by Vulcanic

Opalserpent wrote:
Vulcanic wrote:

You lucky bastard. I have to wait till the 24th. Enjoy. :peep:

which one you getting? or you getting both like me ? :flop: they have few issues but nothing that cant be fixed in time, mainly just lose the music and video folder which got replaced with apps for music and movies

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Previous