Public etiquette

Initiate

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm » by Nikrastardizer

Recently I was wondering why I always seem to walk on the right hand side of my friends when we're going somewhere. Was I being subconsiously submisive? or dominant even? I tried to find some answers online but couldn't find anything about it, however I did find some other stuff about social etiquette in public and crowded places. Some truley divisive stuff :nails: :yell: :cheers:

1. Escalators

Are you a 'walker' or a 'stander?'

There are aruguments for both, however I would see the counter argument to my prference as idiotic and, well, just plain wrong.

I'm a walker

article....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23444086

piccy....

notice it says DO walk, just sayin'

2. Trains

Whenever you try to get off a train there always seems to be a flood of people trying to force their way on. Can't people wait a minute for passengers to disembark before boarding? Seems not :hell:

In a perfect world....

In the real world....

Upload to Disclose.tv

I actually do force my way on to trains... how would I get a seat otherwise? :p

3. Walking together

When I was trying find the answer about walking on the right hand side I also searched why people walk abreast of each other in large groups. It seems to take up a lot of space and be a bit inconvenient. It was pretty interesting what I found and obvious when I read the answer. People seem to walk in flocks like birds. The outermost people are slightly forward of everyone else. With the most central being the furthest back. This makes it easy for everyone to see everyone else with th slightest amount of effort.

Article.... There's also a handy pic in there to big for my post.

http://www.mehdimoussaid.com/archives/58

I also read some articles I can't find now. I never got taught this but some people did. People are told to walk on the right hand side of hallways to make getting around less obstructive (good idea). Walk on the right hand side of the road in Britain so you can see oncoming traffic easier (I was taught this). There are also articles about people walking like they drive which does make sense (the body being your souls car, mines no super car). This (walking like driving) should definitely be implimented in supermarkets. The urge to punch people in those places is too great sometimes, and I'm only a weak person :sunny: :yell: :sunny:

Speaking of which (supermarkets). This post was nearly posted in the conspiracy section and about when you pack your bags at a supermarket then go outside, no matter what level of packing ninja you are (I'm level 10. Top level) you go over the rumble dot floor and everything just falls back out. Every. F**king. Time.

I'm not saying blind people can't have rumble dot floor. I'm just saying they shouldn't go to supermarkets so supermarkets don't need to have rumble dot floor.

Mwahahahaha :rtft:
Just kidding. Obviously

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 2:51 pm » by Slith

Nikrastardizer wrote:Recently I was wondering why I always seem to walk on the right hand side of my friends when we're going somewhere.

You are protective in nature. I do the same. My wife is always on my left

Initiate

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 pm » by Poppa_pygar

I walk on either side of my wife according to what side the hedge of the road is. Say the road is on the left, i walk on the left side of my wife.
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm » by The57ironman

Poppa_pygar wrote:I walk on either side of my wife according to what side the hedge of the road is. Say the road is on the left, i walk on the left side of my wife.

...I AGREE..when a woman or child is with me, i'm always in a protective state of mind.. :flop:

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 3:14 pm » by Slith

Poppa_pygar wrote:I walk on either side of my wife according to what side the hedge of the road is. Say the road is on the left, i walk on the left side of my wife.

Yes, according to which side of the road for sure

Funny, I always put my ex on the other side. hmmmm? :scary:

Initiate

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 3:38 pm » by Poppa_pygar

I'm glad someone agrees with me :lol: :lol: :flop:
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm » by Perronick

Where is that quote from?

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 5:44 pm » by DarkHeart

No matter how slowly I walk, my wife always manages to walk slower. :bang;

Its easier to just drive.
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 6:00 pm » by Cwmman

The reason the gentleman walks on the right is so he would have his sword arm free to defend his lady, who is on his left hand side (she`s buggered if he`s left handed then).

:flop:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm » by Nikrastardizer

Slith wrote:
Nikrastardizer wrote:Recently I was wondering why I always seem to walk on the right hand side of my friends when we're going somewhere.

You are protective in nature. I do the same. My wife is always on my left

Cheers Slith. I was hoping someone might have an answer. I had a good look around on the net for an answer with no luck. Thanks for posting too guys.

If you zoom out of the first escalator pic it kinda looks like a dong. Sorry to lower the tone :-D

Next