Quantum Computing - Consciousness?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 pm » by Towelie


Theres no other viable theory about to explain things like the expansion rate of the universe. true things do change physics is far from a dead science, perfect example is a photon, there was a paper released a couple of days ago that makes an incredibly good arguement that photons actualy do have mass. (havent gone through it fully but i will be making a thread about it when i get through it.)
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 pm » by Bettyboolean


conciousness is non computable, however many switches you add to a circuit and however cleverly you arrange the states of those switches you will not get a concious entity.

If we could get conciousness in this way we would have to concede that a simple light switch had some level of conciousness
ImageImage

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm » by Towelie


Our brains a quantum computer, dont you think our brain has something to do with our conscious awareness?
Either way were getting closer to the answer.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 pm » by Bettyboolean


towelie wrote:Our brains a quantum computer, dont you think our brain has something to do with our conscious awareness?
Either way were getting closer to the answer.


of course it does, the whole organism mediates concious experience , but crucially, conciousness is not produced by the brain or the whole organism.

I don't know where conciousness comes from but to assert that it 'emerges' once we connect together a sufficient quantity of switches in such a way as they can compare input symbols in impressive ways is no answer at all.
ImageImage

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 pm » by Towelie


A quibbit or tubulin(quantum processor) isnt anything like a "switch," there is a direct correlation between our brain the (early)quantum universe and consciousness.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 am

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 pm » by sawltydawg


the existence of dark matter and dark energy would be very hard to physically prove because we would need dark observation and measurement tools..not gonna happen in our lifetime

both of the darks are however fully accepted as existing by most schools of science
they have to exist otherwise regular matter and energy could not

nice post

imagine the technology when we figure out how to combine both the Diamond Nanowire, and the neuralnetworks...400,000 terabytes of RAM.........sweet
out..cya

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 pm » by Bettyboolean


towelie wrote:A quibbit or tubulin(quantum processor) isnt anything like a "switch," there is a direct correlation between our brain the (early)quantum universe and consciousness.

towelie wrote:Tubulins are dipoles and they can be in (at least) two different states (or conformations)
a.k.a. a switch

it don't matter how many states a switch has its still a switch

contemporary computers are, at the fundamental level, large arrays of switches and the whole of computing is based on the comparison of symbols or the on/off state of switches

however large that array of switches (even 400,000 terabytes) is it is not concious and however impressive the results of its symbol comparisons or how quickly it does them it will never be concious.
ImageImage

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm » by Towelie


Would you count the processor in your computer as just a switch? As you yourself have said, we dont know what consciousness is, so to say it isnt a by product of quantum computing is just wrong.

*Infact we even refer to sleeping as "switching off."
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm » by Bettyboolean


towelie wrote:Would you count the processor in your computer as just a switch? As you yourself have said, we dont know what consciousness is, so to say it isnt a by product of quantum computing is just wrong.


no,I would describe it as an array of switches, connected in such a way that they process input (compare symbols) to give consistent output
ImageImage

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 pm » by Bettyboolean


towelie wrote:Would you count the processor in your computer as just a switch? As you yourself have said, we dont know what consciousness is, so to say it isnt a by product of quantum computing is just wrong.

*Infact we even refer to sleeping as "switching off."


so because i disagree i'm 'just wrong'

is my wrongness and emergent property of my logic?
ImageImage


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook