Quantum Computing - Consciousness?

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 pm » by sawltydawg

has anyone seen the experiment where you shoot a stream of photons through a series of openings.. the photons actually move so as to enter the holes on an orderly manner..
proof of consciousness....photons.. conscious?
out..cya

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 pm » by Mugenroshi8

@Sawlty
Haha, man you look just like a buddy of mine that lives in Ohio; I had to check your profile to be sure, alas, Canada!!! But yeah, the guy I just mentioned introduced me to that video, wild isn't it!!! Could be...or maybe path of least resistance? That's a good thought though, the currents in the water, how similar are their patterns to the currents that flow within the brain? Are currents linked to consciousness?Have you guys seen the water experienments, claiming consciousness? Do they tie in?

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm » by Towelie

Its not possible to know what consciousness is untill we know what makes it, ive never in any of those posts or threads i linked to said that consciousness is a result of quantum computing i only point out a lot of astounding similarities and possible links to them.
In no way is everything ive said an assumption, there are a lot of facts/math that back all of it up, the only thing that is an assumption is when anyone tries to say they know what consciousness is.
This was never about what consciousness is, only about the possible link between quantum processing and consciousness.

The photons passing through more than one slit at a time is due to the way a photon can be either a prticle or a wave (enfolded or unfolded.)

*Not sure about the water things, i thought they were experiments done under dubious conditions and theyve never been repeated. (could easily be wrong here though.)
Last edited by Towelie on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:18 pm » by Bettyboolean

sawltydawg wrote:theology is the study of gods ..i fail to see whet that has to do with physics
i cant believe we are having this discussion
dark matter and dark energy exist
smarter people then us have already determined this

the expansion rate of the universe is determined by dark energy
no philosophy
just math and physics
you cant see the wind but you can see its effect everything around it
if we were trying to determine the intention of the darks...then we would be entering into the realm of theology/philosophy

i cant see phlogiston, but I could choose to infer its existence if I was dogmatically defending a redundant paradigm

the expansion rate of the universe is determined by dark energy only if current theory is correct. google 'hubris'

its theology because it represents a religious faith in a theory

dark matter is required to make current theory work so it must exist, in other words you accept without question that current theory is correct.
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 pm » by Towelie

Is there a way i can upload pdf files here, ive got a lot that will explain dark energy, its not a "religious faith in theory" its a extremely well thought out theory agreed with by almost every physicist on the planet.

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:24 pm » by sawltydawg

the only difference between dark energy/matter and god is that dark energy/matter doesn't care if we believe in it
furthermore even if you don't believe in it ..it still exists..cant say the same for god
out..cya

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 pm » by sawltydawg

hey towlie save your breath dude.. this is getting way distorted
wanna get high

i like the bose-einstein condensate where at the right temp all matter can act like a wave
Last edited by sawltydawg on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
out..cya

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:27 pm » by Bettyboolean

sawltydawg wrote:the only difference between dark energy/matter and god is that dark energy/matter doesn't care if we believe in it
furthermore even if you don't believe in it ..it still exists..cant say the same for god

Many Christians have said that very thing to me. God exists , whether i believe it or not :)

you make my point for me by defending your faith in those terms
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:29 pm » by Towelie

Sawlty thats a very good idea, think ill take you up on that... where did i put those papers :D

Annihilation radiation from supersymmetric particles at the Galactic center could be greatly enhanced if the dark matter density is peaked around the supermassive black hole. Spikes are destroyed during mergers, and there is strong evidence for this effect in stellar density profiles. The dark matter spike at the Galactic center probably suffered this fate.

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm » by sawltydawg

Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence.

there is ample logical proof to explain the existence of the darks
out..cya

PreviousNext