Quantum Computing - Consciousness?

Initiate

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 pm » by Mugenroshi8

Sorry guys, please don't get the wrong impression from me. My posts here do not reflect my beliefs on dark matter, simply because I didn't think we had bridged the gap between valid logical points and scientific evidence.

I did not mean to derail your thread Towlie, my intent was to explore 'consciousness' first before we tackled the science behind what your post was sharing. My views on science are very stringent, and by no means reflect many modern thinker's perception of what is scientific, I maybe should have defined 'science,' before I made it sound as if I was attacking ya'lls views on the subject.

Definitely a topic that deserves to be explored and yes, ya'll should include Betty on the rolling session, I think you cats will take it in positive directions!

Great topic Towlie.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 pm » by Towelie

I thought it was right on topic, cant talk about possible connections with consciousness withought someone atleast mentioning consciousness :) , I havent realy came to any conclusions on the matter myself, i dont honestly think were anywhere near the answer as to what consciousness is.
But i do think its possible that all of these similarities could be connected, like the brain its obvious theres a connection between that and consciousness(its where our thoughts happen,) then given the fact that the brain has the same ammount of quantum processors that the early universe had(when everything was in the realms of quantum, before EM bonds took over.)
Then at a stretch it could be taken even further, if the holopermia idea is right then all the seeds of life were effectivley created when the universe was basically one big quantum computer.
Is it pure chance, Divine act or consciousness that makes it all happen? or even none of the aforementioned.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate

PostFri Aug 28, 2009 12:32 am » by Mugenroshi8

Hey Towlie, I have a thought spun off your last post and something Sawltydog said about photons being conscious. Let me know what you think, it's only 10 minutes worth of pondering, but it may be a decent question if ya'll can either take it somewhere or discard it accordingly.

You know how many argue against the theory of evolution because of 'potential?' As in, if a computer doesn't have the means to evolve past it's means, it won't? Like, my Apple would never evolve into a Dell 2030, no matter how much time I gave it right? And then, some evolutionists can say, "Well, as we map our DNA we find that there is many potential's that never come to fruition, but the potential is there,' type of response. Well...

Ya know how matter, once it's reached it's potential, begins it's process of deterioration? And I was thinking about what you said, protons being able to take the shape of a particle, or that of a wave. And I got to thinking of all the universes possibly contained in a single cell...and then Sawlty's comment about photons possibly being conscious...

What if the Big Bang, wasn't a Bang at all? What if our universe, a photon of space dust, no different than all other space dust...simply met it's potential, and turned to current/wave form. After all, energy cannot be destroyed right? But it can be created. Hence the ever-expanding universe we live in. Well, if the photon particle met it's ideal potential over time (think DNA, that's where my mind is at), instead of deteriorating, what if it in fact changed to wave form, (hence the Bang, and separation theory of matter) separating, and allowing that potential to grow within the span of our current universe?

Like okay, all matter once it's reached its potential, deteriorates. What if that is simply photons, within all matter, changing from particle form, to wave form. Thereby, leaving and creating/contributing to something else, elsewhere?

We don't have to get hung up on the nature of consciousness to ponder this I don't think, in this perhaps all things would be conscious, but not perceptive (a common association I don't believe is warranted).

What do you think?

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 28, 2009 1:30 am » by Towelie

Quite intresting, i think i get what you mean, all matter in the universe is changing.
The holographic theory is basicaly that all reality is based upon the constant enfolding and unfolding of particles into waves, energy cant be created or destroyed but it can change.
There was no matter in the early universe, it had to grow enough before the electromagnetic bonds could take over then it became matter, so it is as if matter is evolving, but it seems more like its stabalising the heavier elements are trying to lose atoms(this is why element 118 and other heavy elements are radioactive,) there trying to become more stable like iron, same with the lighter elements like hydrogen they bond with other elements easily to become more stable.

:) Took me ages to write that lol.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 29, 2009 6:09 pm » by Towelie

Quantum computing with semiconductor double-dot molecules on a chip.
A scalable architecture for quantum computation using controllable electrons of
double-dot molecules coupled to a microwave stripline resonator on a chip has been developed. Basicaly they spin electrons in a quibbit then use microwave irradiation on a resonator connected to one electron(connected through electromagnetism) then probe(read) the transmitted or reflected protons.

OVER THE LAST 3-5 DAYS ALL OF THIS HAS CAME OUT.
Everything needed to make a quantum computer has came out in a very short time-frame.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 30, 2009 3:41 pm » by Mugenroshi8

@Towlie
I want to get up to date on the last post you put up bud, been in and out of town last couple days and gotta work today. Keep the information comin' as it hits ya!!!

Previous