Question for the more intelligent of group

Writer

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 9:50 pm » by chrischaos88

This is a question geared toward the more intelligent of the paranormal community that do wish to learn more about various topics.

Many of the current popular television shows on TV are geared toward a mainstream audience and is for pure entertainment purposes bypassing the science and logic of reality. Usually they skip over what actually may be occurring and state the situation is paranormal without fully researching properly. And in many mainstream documentaries they tend to do a wide brush stroke and cater to a mainstream audience by dumbing down the evidence or the legends and lore may become deluded since the topics and interviews are being investigated by people new to the material and not by individuals that lived life long with it.

As you may know we are producing a documentary on the topic of the history and lore of the Jersey Devil and the New Jersey Pine Barrens.We are looking for suggestions from you to help better the output of our documentary. So we ask you as a potential future viewer of our documentary "What would you like to see in a documentary that contains information pertaining to Cryptids?" We will obviously have the standard who, what, where and whys, but are looking to go even deeper.

Please feel free to contact me offline to discuss further, make your suggestions or request additional links to material mentioned.

Chris Chaos
Pine Barren Films/Axis Video
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheSearchForTheJerseyDevil

FILM PAGE:
http://www.juntoboxfilms.com/projects/the-search-for-the-jersey-devil#.UkMhZMblZhP

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 11:37 pm » by Phoenix rising

Chris just give an honest account of what happened, where and when and save the gloss for your woodwork, as you state some of these drama/documentaries can actually get a bit insulting to ones intelligence, example, the Rendlesham forest incident when it was suggested the lights were of a lighthouse miles away when the witnesses were well trained observers, to many so called armchair excerpts who incidentally are always sceptics.

So many of these shows treat the audience like children and present as such, it often forces me to turn the channel over in disgust, although i agree one has to have an objective mind some of these shows sceptics can come across as insulting, of course to maintain a said balanced view these shows have to have sceptics but not so closed minded they see things through the eye of a needle, then there are other shows that focus solely on trying to recreate a said event, anything can be created/re-created to look like a said event and in a way i feel this can be a distraction, if it looks like it it must be it kind of attitude, if you follow the truth that will come across in the show, good luck :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Writer

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 11:57 pm » by outlander-district6

I highly agree with Phoenix, but would like to add a bit more.....

Would you please clear the air with allowing for some examplified documentation on diseased, and manged, natural wildlife?
I am sick to death of of damn "Chupacabra" videos, showing manged. and diseased coyotes.
So, I would like to see some good segment, educating about mis-identification.

Funny as hell, even a backwoodsman with an 8th grade education knows what a shaven cooch is. But get the hair off a coyote and it becomes something dropped from a ufo.
Very often, when I log in, I see at the top of the page....Chat (1)........JUST WHO IN THE HELL ARE THEY CHATTING WITH???? :ohno:

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 12:00 am » by E6722maj

it's all about 'bums on seats' as it were

whatever

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 am » by Toxic32

chrischaos88 wrote:This is a question geared toward the more intelligent of the paranormal community that do wish to learn more about various topics.

Many of the current popular television shows on TV are geared toward a mainstream audience and is for pure entertainment purposes bypassing the science and logic of reality. Usually they skip over what actually may be occurring and state the situation is paranormal without fully researching properly. And in many mainstream documentaries they tend to do a wide brush stroke and cater to a mainstream audience by dumbing down the evidence or the legends and lore may become deluded since the topics and interviews are being investigated by people new to the material and not by individuals that lived life long with it.

As you may know we are producing a documentary on the topic of the history and lore of the Jersey Devil and the New Jersey Pine Barrens.We are looking for suggestions from you to help better the output of our documentary. So we ask you as a potential future viewer of our documentary "What would you like to see in a documentary that contains information pertaining to Cryptids?" We will obviously have the standard who, what, where and whys, but are looking to go even deeper.

Please feel free to contact me offline to discuss further, make your suggestions or request additional links to material mentioned.

Chris Chaos
Pine Barren Films/Axis Video

Just look at the make up of this devil LOL. Head of a goat, wings of a bat/dragon body of a goat, horns of a goat, feet of a goat, screams like a goat can...... Just a minuet if it looks like a goat has feet like a goat has a head like a goat and has horns like a goat and sounds like a goat. Then when all other possibilities have been discounted you have to accept the only logical conclusion Mr Watson. It was probably a goat. A goat that was somewhat of a deformed maybe a mutation of some sort. You have to cover this possibility and explore the reality that of misinterpreted mutational representations in the animal kingdom.

A few images of deformed goats.

Goats deformed Hoof

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 am » by Slith

Not liking the title of this thread. I like to think we are all intellects in our own means here. I think knowledgeable would have been a more apt choice of words

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 pm » by Phoenix rising

Slith wrote:Not liking the title of this thread. I like to think we are all intellects in our own means here. I think knowledgeable would have been a more apt choice of words

I agree slith, could have been better worded :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Writer

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm » by chrischaos88

Thank you for the feedback, we will be incorporating it into the project.

..And Slith, i do agree with the wording, i will do better next time...

Now onto my next question, when watching a documentary do you prefer to have a narrator talking or text on screen along with charts, graphs and more visual aids. I know it is better to have both, but what side do you lean towards more?

I appreciate all feedback.
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheSearchForTheJerseyDevil

FILM PAGE:
http://www.juntoboxfilms.com/projects/the-search-for-the-jersey-devil#.UkMhZMblZhP

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm » by Slith

Personally, I like both. It encompasses more of an audience IMO

Good luck with the feedback :flop:

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 7:04 pm » by Toxic32

I like both. A good sincere knowledgeable commentator can add immensely to the feel of the program and can even help you decide what is believable and what is just sensationalism. The colour of the voice used is also important as delivery. Who is the best documentary commentator you have ever herd. Then ask your self why you think that.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Next