Quick Ghost Stories

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 pm » by Termite

Spock and Ratrodrob, those are incredible stories. Once when I spoke to you Spock, you told me that you and your wife liked ghost hunting but you did not tell me that story. That is an intense one in my opinion. I have a story to tell that I mentioned to you briefly but, this thread has compelled me to tell it now. It is a very brief story but it is true. And it literally scared me to death. My wife and I also do a lot of ghost hunting. Just completed our second "hunting-kit". Since I left the United States in 2007 to get away from that failed state, I have had access to a lot of places that are very, very old along with several extremely ancient sites. We go to a new place about once a month and do 2 nights "hunting" minimum. I do not believe one night is enough. In fact I don't believe anything less than a 3 month investigation can ever turn up much, but, one night, it did. My wife and I climbed a mountain to an abandoned castle that we had seen from the highway situated on the Bulgarian border several months earlier. (March, 2012) We saw it on our way to cover the Syrian conflict inside north Syria in FSA territory. We wanted to go inside and do the standard, run of the mill, night investigation. This castle was approximately 40,000 square feet living space and no access trails. We used the standard equipment: EVP, motion sensor, FLIR, etc. I have always had a belief that these things never really worked anyway and that we, living humans, were going at it all wrong anyway. So...that night my wife and I both agreed, our equipment was a waste and did not find stuff because it never will. So, my wife took out her Iphone and turned on this voice-activated "security" application that she had downloaded that day in order to try and hear her own sleep-talking. It has a progressive graph line that displayed when it had detected something so it could be played back at the correct point. As we did the same thing we always do with the other equipment, a large spike appeared on the indicator. Before I tell this part I want to be clear. almost 100% of EVPs are nothing at all ever, most are just actually garbled junk that someone has tried to force to sound like words in their mind and even caused by the common, subtitles beneath the recording when played on a video. These are usually nothing, at all ever. That said, now I want to tell you what we found when we played it back. This was not garbled. It was not quiet and distant. It was not ambiguous. It was not mixed in with other sounds. It was not hidden in any way. It was as if someone had been standing right next to us speaking in a "sneaky" human voice. She hit play and it said, clearly, unmistakable, "do you think she can hear us?". I literally had an adrenalin rush just like you get when you have a near-miss car accident. I freaked out. All I could do is freak out. It scared me so bad that we left immediately and I could not stop talking or thinking about it for months. I cannot even listen to it anymore because it makes me freak out. Anyway, I wanted to tell you guys about that one. Hope you like it.
Last edited by Termite on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm » by Cia212

Termite wrote:It was not hidden in any way. It was as if someone had been standing right next to us speaking in a "sneaky" human voice. She hit play and it said, clearly, unmistakable, "do you think she can hear us?".

Do you have the recording?

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 pm » by Termite

Yes, we have it. It is on my wife's external HDD. She is not here right now. She is teaching English and I am currently submitting my latest article.(this is how we make money as expats) She should be here in about 5 to 6 hours. I will get it and post it if possible.

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm » by Spock

I do not share your same view of EVPs and other instruments Termite, but I do respect your opinion on them. Personally, I believe EVPs and FLIR give the best evidence of unattached intelligences.

Anyway, you reminded me of this. One of our former daily posters (who still periodically posts), Jet17, recorded this when he and his girlfriend decided to stop by an old abandoned dwelling while they were out, and got a very interesting result.

Like you Termite, he was an unbeliever in EVPs, until, he got his own, and here it is...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:33 pm » by Termite

Holy crap Spock!!! That one is awesome! That gave me almost the same reaction as the one we got. It is also VERY clearly stated. No mistake, that is a real EVP in my opinion. I referred to the one we had as sounding "sneaky". It sounded very similar to this one you just showed me. It sounded, in that one, as if the EVP entity was speaking to another entity in s semi "sneaky" almost whisper. In the one we caught it also seemed to be talking to "someone else" and it had the same tone of voice but it was alot louder on out recording. It also seemed to be referring to US hearing them similar to that EVP. I just called her about 15 minutes ago and she said she will try to Skype our EVP it to me when she is in between lessons. Also...I want to clarify something that I probably stated wrong. I do believe that we can catch things on this equipment. That is why we spent the money to update our stuff. We spent alot on the FLIR. What I meant to say is that it seems that if we could find the truth with these paranormal happenings then we would probably find out that there are more reliable detection methods. I believe that FLIR works. I have not personally seen anything except a cold "spot" on a wall that suddenly appeared. I just think that there must be some way of detecting these things with a little more reliability. Thank you for that EVP post. It was not in any way like the bad ones that I was describing earlier. It was literally of the highest quality in my opinion. Thank you.

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm » by Spock

Absolutely agree there - and also, so many shows, like My Ghost Story Caught on Film, puts forth so many amateurs that have taken pics of dust, and pics of standard effects which vaguely have the look of a face and put that out there as "evidence" of a haunting, that the entire genre gets glazed over for a while - at the same time, there as some with very compelling evidence. At least it's easy for us to filter out the crap and still see the vital significance of a lot of evidence caught by amateurs.

Looking forward to hearing your evp.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 pm » by Termite

Yes. We will not even watch "My Ghost Story" any more because of the ridiculous pictures that they show and the weird people and completely fake EVPs. We watch at least one paranormal documentary as we fall asleep in bed every night and I am running out of options. Just finished all 3 seasons of "Paranormal Witness". "Celebrity Ghost Stories" just started showing again 2 weeks ago. Also a new season of "A Haunting" just restarted, season two. But I think we have seen almost every documentary or series that can be found on the torrent sites or ordered from DVD sites. I have learned that it is very difficult to find the gems in all of the garbage but, they are there if you look with proper skepticism. After that EVP that you just showed, I consider you a connoisseur of these things and I will take your judgments seriously from now on. Do you have any that you could recommend for us that we may have not seen?

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 pm » by Poooooot

I've seen quite a few ghosts in my life. So many it's not even that big of a deal when it happens anymore... Most recently I was at my mom's friend's house. She is going through a divorce so she is selling her house that her grandfather had built. He was in the mafia. I was there because I am reupholstering her dining room chairs for some extra cash, and as I was checking the backside of the chair, I saw a man out of the corner of my eye. He was a bit shorter than me (I'm 5'7" so I'd guess him to be about 5'6" or 5'5"), standing maybe a foot or two behind me and to the left. He had a hat on, one of those old timey bowler or derby hats (kinda like this, but I couldn't make out the details). Of course I did a double-take and when I looked back he was gone, so I asked her if her house was haunted. At first she laughed and said "No," then she said, "Well, sometimes weird stuff happens around here. My grandfather built this house, and now that we are selling the weird things have been happening more frequently." She asked me to describe what I saw and she said it was her grandfather.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 6:02 pm » by Noentry

I have only one experience with a ghost. Could of been coincidence.

When I was 18 I went to play 5 card draw ( before no limit holdem became popular ) I was given the cards to deal.
I dealt 4 aces to the bottom and dealt them to a guy I knew Gregory. He won a few pounds.
I picked up the cards delt him another 4 aces.
After the third set of aces they realized and we all had a laugh about it. He won £5, it was just a friendly game.

After a couple of years I heard he hit a Juggernaut head on at 60 mph. Died on impact.
I couldn't attend the funeral but made the effort to go to his grave the night after he was buried.
I took 5 friends with me and we went to his grave.
It was dark as we were approaching the grave I started to tell them the story of the game of poker.
the grave was surrounded by flowers you could not see the floor.
As I got to the grave I told them "Greg won £5", as soon as I said that I kicked something on the floor. Not being able to see I reached down and picked up a........... five pound note.

We were all stunned.

To this day I still wonder how.

Coincidence.
Or ghostly experience?
:think:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Previous