Quick Ghost Stories

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 pm » by Cia212

People here have probably heard my tales of ghost hunting which, aside from a possession incident, was largely uneventful. But here's a quick story from college. I've always had insomnia, and in college I would frequently go for a walk around campus or a drive around the surrounding country roads.

One such night I was driving near an old bridge at around 2am when I saw a woman walking along the side of the road. It was a little strange but, as I got closer, I noticed she was wearing an old dress - something you would see in the 1800s. Thinking she might need help (it was 2am-ish in the middle of nowhere), I turned around about 100 yards down the road and started back to check on her. When I got back to the area, she was gone. I stopped, got out of the car, and yelled for her (thinking she got scared that a car stopped). No response, no sounds - I freaked out and drove away as fast as possible.

The thing that still strikes me was that she looked so out of place. Not just the dress, but her entire look was inhuman. Humanish - arms, legs, a head, but somehow unnatural.

Anyway, what's your story?

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 am » by Spock

There is a 4-way stop that I make a turn at every morning on the way to work or the gym (when I'm going to the gym it's 4:30 in the morning, so I have gone a different route at times to avoid the area). I've always associated this 4-way stop with fear and called it a fear cage, because, well, years ago I was very reluctant when it got dark early in the evenings - for the same type of reason you mentioned CIA, at least 4 deaths, different instances have happened right around that curve. Granted, I have never seen anything, just always felt spooked as hell.

The most recent death happened last year. A crew was laying a sewage pipe to a new subdivision that is going up not far from the 4-way stop, and about 50 yards from it, two of the poor guys got trapped and buried, one was pulled out alive, the other had died. Evidently, the soil was moist and the backhoe collapsed the ground around them and tumbled down on top of them.

Like I said - I have never seen anything there - just a heavy sense of foreboding. The area still has decorated crosses where people have lost their lives.

So - a "ghost" story. I told this to some people in chat, and it's one of my favorites.

About 10 years ago, my wife and I got home from work, it was around 6:30 and already dark as midnight outside. We would enter the house through the carport, at the time, which entered into the washroom (which at one time had been a porch but had been closed in.

As I walked in, the house was very dark, I turned to walk into the kitchen and immediately saw someone right in front of me, coming at me. I jumped back and knocked my wife down the steps and told her "RUN INTRUDER!" something like that.

We both bolted to the next door neighbors house and banged on his door, keeping on eye on the porch door we had just left, with the door still open. I called police.

Within seconds there must have been 5 police cars at my house, I live less than a mile from a police station.

They surrounded the house, then a few of them went in through the open door, gun drawn, yelling for the person to step out. Other officers were on each side of the house in case the intruder attempted to leave through another door or window.

Eventually, they had every light in the house on and checked every nook and cranny of the place, found nothing and left.

I was puzzled as hell. Talking to my wife and neighbors, and I remembered that a few years earlier I had one evening of some strange events that took place during a band practice, but other than that one single event, I had never thought my house was haunted, although, it was built in the 50s and a few older people had lived here, I had never heard of anyone dying here or anything - but I know, because I saw with my own two eyes, that someone was standing in the kitchen, and walking towards me.

So, my wife and I sat on the couched and pondered the possibility of a spirit. How were we going to live with it? It had never done anything before, and we were just grasping what in the world could possibly have happened?

So, I retraced the events, with my wife, as I had done earlier with the police, showing the exactly where the person was in relation to me.

This time however, while explaining it to my wife, something was different. I had closed the door to the kitchen from the porch entrance. I had not considered that when the police were there. I turned the lights off and came back into the house, just like I had done - and there was my ghost, standing right there in front of my wife and I - it was a shadow person.

As I walk into the house, the door to the kitchen is on my left, to my right is a window to the back yard, in the backyard was a light shining off one of the neighbors houses, which shined through the window, onto my back, and casted my shadow against the closed kitchen door.

I had been frightened by my own shadow. :ghost:

:peep:

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 12:32 am » by Spock

Here is my real ghost story
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/my-ghost-story-t79560.html

and it being Halloween - this is always an epic read...
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/dtv-epic-ghost-story-i-cleaned-the-devil-s-house-full-t79678.html

But not short - sorry.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 4:21 am » by Cia212

Ha! That's funny Spock. How many steps did you knock your wife down? And was this all an attempt to get rid of your wife?

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 am » by Spock

Cia212 wrote:Ha! That's funny Spock. How many steps did you knock your wife down? And was this all an attempt to get rid of your wife?

Haha - no, not an attempt to get rid of her, we're still married.

It was only 3 steps. My first thought when I saw that dark torso coming at me was a gun in my face.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am » by Tntbw

My story is what you would call an entity or dark presence. Between age 8 to 15, I lived in a house with my family that seemed normal at first. After a while, I remember feeling like being watched in certain rooms, in particular, the den or family room. My mother had strange things happen to her in the den as well. Because of her failing health, she took to sleeping there to avoid climbing stairs. Close to every night, she would wake us all with screaming from horrific nightmares. She was also epileptic, and most of her seizures happened while she was in that room. The den seemed weird to me at the time because it had a fairly low drop ceiling as opposed to the rest of the downstairs that had high ceilings. There were wooden rafters above the dropped ceiling tiles, very nice looking and strange that they were covered up. It turns out, they were covered up for a reason, the previous owner had hung himself from those rafters. I'm not sure when my parents were told of this, but I didn't find out this fact until we had already moved out. Looking back, it does explain much of how I felt in that house IMO.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 am » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

Quick Ghost Story's ok, real quick here: I once saw a ghost, but it didn't see me... I was hiding!
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 am » by RATRODROB

Spock wrote:There is a 4-way stop that I make a turn at every morning on the way to work or the gym (when I'm going to the gym it's 4:30 in the morning, so I have gone a different route at times to avoid the area). I've always associated this 4-way stop with fear and called it a fear cage, because, well, years ago I was very reluctant when it got dark early in the evenings - for the same type of reason you mentioned CIA, at least 4 deaths, different instances have happened right around that curve. Granted, I have never seen anything, just always felt spooked as hell.

The most recent death happened last year. A crew was laying a sewage pipe to a new subdivision that is going up not far from the 4-way stop, and about 50 yards from it, two of the poor guys got trapped and buried, one was pulled out alive, the other had died. Evidently, the soil was moist and the backhoe collapsed the ground around them and tumbled down on top of them.

Like I said - I have never seen anything there - just a heavy sense of foreboding. The area still has decorated crosses where people have lost their lives.

So - a "ghost" story. I told this to some people in chat, and it's one of my favorites.

About 10 years ago, my wife and I got home from work, it was around 6:30 and already dark as midnight outside. We would enter the house through the carport, at the time, which entered into the washroom (which at one time had been a porch but had been closed in.

As I walked in, the house was very dark, I turned to walk into the kitchen and immediately saw someone right in front of me, coming at me. I jumped back and knocked my wife down the steps and told her "RUN INTRUDER!" something like that.

We both bolted to the next door neighbors house and banged on his door, keeping on eye on the porch door we had just left, with the door still open. I called police.

Within seconds there must have been 5 police cars at my house, I live less than a mile from a police station.

They surrounded the house, then a few of them went in through the open door, gun drawn, yelling for the person to step out. Other officers were on each side of the house in case the intruder attempted to leave through another door or window.

Eventually, they had every light in the house on and checked every nook and cranny of the place, found nothing and left.

I was puzzled as hell. Talking to my wife and neighbors, and I remembered that a few years earlier I had one evening of some strange events that took place during a band practice, but other than that one single event, I had never thought my house was haunted, although, it was built in the 50s and a few older people had lived here, I had never heard of anyone dying here or anything - but I know, because I saw with my own two eyes, that someone was standing in the kitchen, and walking towards me.

So, my wife and I sat on the couched and pondered the possibility of a spirit. How were we going to live with it? It had never done anything before, and we were just grasping what in the world could possibly have happened?

So, I retraced the events, with my wife, as I had done earlier with the police, showing the exactly where the person was in relation to me.

This time however, while explaining it to my wife, something was different. I had closed the door to the kitchen from the porch entrance. I had not considered that when the police were there. I turned the lights off and came back into the house, just like I had done - and there was my ghost, standing right there in front of my wife and I - it was a shadow person.

As I walk into the house, the door to the kitchen is on my left, to my right is a window to the back yard, in the backyard was a light shining off one of the neighbors houses, which shined through the window, onto my back, and casted my shadow against the closed kitchen door.

I had been frightened by my own shadow. :ghost:

:peep:

Good storey SPOCK, :flop:

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:26 am » by RATRODROB

When I were about 8yrs old, I shared a room with my younger step brother, our beds were parallel to each other against opposing walls.
one night I woke up, I don't know why , or what actually woke me. It were probably about 2am or so and it were quite dark except for a stream of light coming through the gaps in the curtain from an outside street light.
When I opened my eyes I found myself looking directly at the figure of a man who were standing at the end of my brothers bed, just staring at my brother, the figure never looked at me.
The really weird thing is that the figure were like what a typical ghost aught look like, it were like misty see through white and the figure had on a coat, cloak or whatever its called, and the coat had a hoodie, the figure had a beard.
I were laying on my side when I woke and were looking directly at it, I laid there very still watching it for a few minutes, it never stopped looking at my brother from the end of his bed.
For some reason I never felt frightened, I actually thought it might be Jesus, I am not at all religious but back then I were made to go to Sunday school, and this figure I were looking at was typical of what we were led to believe Jesus looked like.
I eventually just fell back to sleep.
I have never forgotten that night and still wonder who or what I saw.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:59 am » by Akashicrebel

from 2007-20010 I had a visions of an old friend who died in the army, the visions where always in the mid of may, and it was creepy. after the last vision of 2010 I contacted his family and told them about the visions I had, since then I have no vision of him anymore.
Leave God out of this. He wants no part with what's happen next.

........................................Image

Next