Quotes and insights from the books of Enoch and Gilgamesh

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 5:25 pm » by Phoenix rising

SECRETS OF ENOCH
Chapter 40

8 -- And now, my children, hear the discourses of the father of the earth, how fearful and awful it is to come before the face of the ruler of the earth, how much more terrible and awful it is to come before the face of the ruler of heaven, the controller of quick and dead, and of the heavenly troops. Who can endure that endless pain?

Book of Enoch

103:11 -- We hoped to be the head and have become the tail: We have toiled laboriously and had no satisfaction in our toil; And we have become the food of the sinners and the unrighteous, And they have laid their yoke heavily upon us.

98:2 -- For ye men shall put on more adornments than a woman, And coloured garments more than a virgin: In royalty and in grandeur and in power, And in silver and in gold and in purple, And in splendour and in food they shall be poured out as water.

98:5 -- And barrenness has not been given to a woman, but on account of the deeds of her hands she dies without children.

97:6 -- In those days they who become pregnant shall go forth, carry off their children, and forsake them. Their offspring shall slip from them, and while suckling them shall they forsake them; they shall never return to them, and never instruct their beloved.

Chapter 23
2 -- Sit and write all the souls of mankind, however many of them are born, and the places prepared for them to eternity; for all souls are prepared to eternity, before the formation of the world.

Chapter 29
The fiery essence

2 -- And from the rock I cut off a great fire, and from the fire I created the orders of the incorporeal ten troops of angels, and their weapons are fiery and their raiment a burning flame, and I commanded that each one should stand in his order.

Chapter 32
After Adam’s sin

1 -- I said to him: Earth you are, and into the earth whence I took you you shalt go, and I will not ruin you, but send you whence I took you.

2 -- Then I can again receive you at My second presence.

2:1 -- Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

Chapter 30

[b]92:10 -- After that, in the sixth week, all those who are in it shall be darkened, the hearts of all of them shall be forgetful of wisdom, and in it shall a Man arise and come forth.

92:11 -- And during its completion He shall burn the house of dominion with fire, and all the race of the elect root shall be dispersed.
----------

92:10 Book of Enoch was removed from the Torah in 90 AD

92:11 The Temple was burned in 70 AD

--------------------------------

The Epic of Gilgamesh Quotes

[i]Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man.”

“He looked at the walls,
Awed at the heights
His people had achieved
And for a moment -- just a moment --
All that lay behind him
Passed from view.”

“Strange things have been spoken, why does your heart speak strangely? The dream was marvellous but the terror was great; we must treasure the dream whatever the terror.”

“The dream was marvellous but the terror was great; we must treasure the dream whatever the terror; for the dream has shown that misery comes at last to the healthy man, the end of his life is sorrow.”

“I will set up my name in the place where the names of famous men are written, and where no man’s name is written yet I will raise a monument to the gods.”

“How long does a building stand before it falls?
How long does a contract last? How long will brothers

share the inheritance before they quarrel?
How long does hatred, for that matter, last?

Time after time the river has risen and flooded.
The insect leaves the cocoon to live but a minute.

How long is the eye able to look at the sun?
From the very beginning nothing at all has lasted.”

“The seven heavens and the earth, and all beings therein, declare His glory: there is not a thing but celebrates His praise; And yet ye understand not how they declare His glory! Verily He is Oft-Forbear, Most Forgiving!”

“This is the strong comrade, the one who brings help to his friend in need. He is the strongest of wild creatures, the stuff of Anu; born in the grass-lands and the wild hills reared him; when you see him you will be glad; you will love him as a woman and he will never forsake you.”

“He was yearning for one to know his heart, a friend.”

“Don't moralize at me! I have no love
For images, old gods, prophetic words.
I want to talk to Utnapishtim!
Tell me how.”

“Surpassing all other kings, heroic in stature,
brave scion of Uruk, wild bull on the rampage!
Going at the fore he was the vanguard,
going at the rear, one his comrades could trust!”

“You have known, O Gilgamesh,
What interests me,
To drink from the Well of Immortality.
Which means to make the dead
Rise from their graves
And the prisoners from their cells
The sinners from their sins.
I think love's kiss kills our heart of flesh.
It is the only way to eternal life,
Which should be unbearable if lived
Among the dying flowers
And the shrieking farewells
Of the overstretched arms of our spoiled hopes.”

“As for man, his days are numbered, whatever he might do, it is but wind.”

“Utnapishtim said, There is no permanence. Do we build a house to stand for ever, do we seal a contract to hold for all time? Do brothers divide an inheritance to keep for ever, does the flood-time of rivers endure? It is only the nymph of the dragon-fly who sheds her larva and sees the sun in his glory. From the days of old there is no permanence. The sleeping and the dead, how alike they are, they are like a painted death. What is there between the master and the servant when both have fulfilled their doom? When the Anunnaki, the judges, come together, and Mammetun the mother of destinies, together they decree the fates of men. Life and death they allot but the day of death they do not disclose.”

“The uproar of mankind is intolerable and sleep is no longer possible by reason of the babel.” So the gods agreed to exterminate mankind.

Enkidu was grown weak, for wisdom was in him, and the thoughts of a man were in his heart.

You were given the kingship, such was your destiny, everlasting life was not your destiny. Because of this do not be sad at heart, do not be grieved or oppressed; he has given you power to bind and to loose, to be the darkness and the light of mankind.

The dream was marvellous but the terror was great; we must treasure the dream whatever the terror; for the dream has shown that misery comes at last to the healthy man, the end of life is sorrow.’

and so ends my epic post :lol: :flop:

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/38 ... in-epics-1
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 pm » by Temps13

That is an epic post,I have a couple to add when I get back in a bit,one variation translation of the fresh clothes quote from Shamash to Gilgamesh,about man's lot

[i]Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man.”
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm » by Temps13

Looking for that I came across another text called "Kingship in Heaven"..a Hittite version that was found intact..
I,or anyone else that is interested,will have to compare translations,as this is only one interpretation..
But it sounds very intriguing to me..Here's a bit of it.

Formerly,in the olden days,
Alalu was king in heaven.
Alalu was seated on the throne.
Mighty Anu,first among the gods,
stood before him,bowed at his feet,
set the drinking cup in his hand.

For nine counted periods
Alalu was king in heaven.
In the ninth period,Anu gave battle to Alalu.
Alalu was defeated,he fled before Anu.
He descended to the dark-hued Earth-
down to the dark hued Earth he went.
Upon the throne Anu was seated.

This is good thread lets find some more big beauty ones :look:

I like in the Epic of Gilgamesh how his mother,the goddess Ninsun says to the god Shamash you have put ideas into my son's head & now he wants to go off on a quest..
Enlil,in the council also says to Shamash,YOU rode with him in your aircraft,as his friend..
It was only with Shamash's aid that he was able to reach the base of the Anunna.
Pretty harsh,to see your father had reigned 1200 years,and know you were going to die young.
Image Image
IRMENSUL13