Racism row that’s rocked American sport.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 7:56 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

The full story behind the racism row that’s rocked American sport

A huge racism scandal has blown up in American sport that’s so big, even President Obama has got involved.

Barack Obama said that comments reported to have been made by the owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers basketball team were "incredibly offensive racist statements," and the scandal shows no sign of slowing down.

The NBA is still investigating an audio recording posted online of Clippers owner Donald Sterling allegedly telling his girlfriend not to post photographs of herself with black people and not to bring African-Americans to Clippers games.

Upload to Disclose.tv

"When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk," Obama said when asked about the controversy.

He said the recording was also an example of how the United States continues to wrestle with the legacy of race.

Celebrity news site TMZ.com published the 10-minute recording on its website late on Friday, describing it as a taped conversation between the billionaire Sterling and a model who goes by the name V. Stiviano.

"The audio recording posted by TMZ is truly offensive and disturbing, and we intend to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible," NBA commissioner Adam Silver said on Saturday night.

The recording was sharply criticised by civil rights leaders, fans and players. It was not immediately clear when and how the conversation was recorded.

One such criticism that went viral came from celebrated rapper Snoop Dogg who published the below statement on his Instagram account.

*WARNING – EXTREME PROFANITY – DO NOT WATCH IF OFFENDED BY BAD LANGUAGE* Especially ''Ratrodrob''

Upload to Disclose.tv

On Sunday, the Clippers played their first match since the controversy broke with their team – made up of mainly African-American players and with a black coach in Doc Rivers - holding a silent protest during their playoff game with the Golden State Warriors.

Clippers players circled mid court during pre-game warmups and threw their jackets on the ground which exposed T-shirts which were turned inside-out to hide any reference to the team.
he Clippers lost the match and their best-of-seven series is now tied at 2-2.

Game Five is scheduled for Tuesday in Los Angeles though it is unsure whether Sterling will attend the game. He was asked not to show up in Oakland for Game Four where the Warriors play.

According to media reports, the Clippers' players even considered boycotting that game against the Warriors before settling on the silent protest.

Rivers, one of the NBA's most respected coaches, who only joined the Clippers last summer in a high profile move from the Boston Celtics, says he is unsure if he will stay with the team once the season is finished.

"Don't know yet. I'm just going to leave it at that," he said,

NBA chief Silver, who is only in the job since February since David Stern retired after 20 years as commissioner, promised the league would move swiftly to determine the authenticity of the recording and its context.

Clippers President Andy Roeser issued a statement saying they have listened to the tape on TMZ.

"We do not know if it is legitimate or it has been altered. We do know that the woman on the tape - who we believe released it to TMZ - is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family," the statement said.

"Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings."

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the oldest civil rights organisation in the United States, had planned to give Sterling a lifetime achievement award at its May 15 banquet. They have now confirmed that they will no longer give him the award.

Sports commentary website Deadspin claimed that Sterling has a history of making racist remarks publishing a piece entitled: "Your Complete Quotable Guide To Decades Of Donald Sterling's Racism."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wo ... 23217.html

Racism in sport??? It would never happen in The UK...
:roll:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 pm » by The57ironman

....as rush limbaugh says...it's the NAA 'L' CP.... :owned:

..national association for the advancement of 'liberal' colored people... :mrcool:

what a nice distraction from real world events...imo

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 8:30 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Stormfront forums do make me giggle...

read through these intellectually superior comments :mrgreen:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t832764/
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 pm » by Troll2rocks

Snoop Dog be shizzling his dizzle yo!

The man is a remnant of a society that advocated segregation and is no doubt socially conditioned to believe what he does. Still, his girlfriend is smoking hot, and black btw. Nice to see hypocrisy alive and well in the NB of A's

Got to love the digital age of instant retribution. This would have been but a fart in the wind 20 years ago. Now it's everywhere all at once, spread far and wide for all to look upon and judge, and ultimately this will be his undoing.

EDIT. Would just like to add that 'Snoop Dog' is actually a murderer, so the moral high ground he currently stands on may be a little rocky.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 10:22 pm » by The57ironman

..word is...everyone in the sport has known this sh*t for years...

he's over 80 and getting senile

and asked her to record it

god only knows why

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Initiate

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm » by Crotchrocket

Chaindrive wrote:Obama would stick dick into anything if he knew that it wouldnt get chopped off AND by Michelle..

and there goes THAT word yet again... :lol:

now "IF" you wanna talk about race.. well, then... ok, Donald Sterling IS jewish.... with a gold digging hussy for a girlfriend... V. Stiviano, born Maria Vanessa Perez is a Mexican model..

And we all know that jews and mexicans HATE blacks.. been like that for years and years... how often have youve EVER seen a jew or a mexicans marry a black person... I dont ever remember seeing one... have you.. but if there was, it was 1 - 300,000 couples... not very high is it.?

so... STOP calling THIS guy white... hes jewish...

I may be mistaken, but Jews, as well as Arabs, are considered Caucasian (white). The third Reich was the only group who considered Jews to be a completely separate race. It is like saying Armenians are a separate race. Seems to me considering the Jewish people as a separate race is a habit of Anti-Semites.
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
―Denis Diderot

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:12 pm » by Tuor10

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Stormfront forums do make me giggle...

read through these intellectually superior comments :mrgreen:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t832764/

LOL

That lot are very confused.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 12:02 am » by Crotchrocket

Not sure why it even matters that he is Jewish. Would it matter to you if he was Italian? Polish?

I am not calling you an Anti-Semite, I am just pointing out that insisting that Jews are a separate race is something they do. I assumed you are just misinformed.
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
―Denis Diderot

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 12:02 am » by Slith

He's an idiot. The Clippers made a stand last night against the man that pays them. Good for them

You want to fight racism, do this.........

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Upload to Disclose.tv

That would be a great big F*K you.

Prost Dani :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 am » by Tuor10

I agree slith. That was an excellent fu.k you from Alves.

Next