Ractopamine in our meat making us sick

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 pm » by Opalserpent

I was reading on Pravda that there are few nations on earth that use this chemical to make beef and pork lean by turning fat to muscle. Guess which governments let them poison the people with gmo and chemicals in our meat?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ractopamine

Ractopamine is allowed to be used at the recommended concentrations in food animals for growth promotion in some countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia.

Ractopamine has been banned in over 160 countries worldwide, excluding the US, Canada and of course Australia
The chemical ractopamine is a beta agonist agent given to Pigs to increase protein synthesis. The public has not been made aware of this dangerous chemical and continue to eat it when dining on Australian pork.
Ractopamine is responsible for Quote:
responsible for hyperactivity, muscle breakdown and 10 percent mortality in pigs.

Uploaded to youtube by RTamerica

Upload to Disclose.tv

Our useless Australian representative puppet government has carbon tax and gmo and chemicals in our meat so what else can they help us with next? :nope:

Oh thats right they took our guns so only criminals and cops have them now, good balance.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 10:34 pm » by Opalserpent

We aussies use HGP's in our beef with implants in the ears.

What are HGPs?

Hormone Growth Promotants contain either synthetically produced ‘natural’ hormones (oestrogen, progesterone, or testosterone), ‘synthetic’ hormones (Zeranol and Trenbolone acetate – used illegally by some bodybuilders), or various combinations of these.

These slow-release implants are administered between the skin and cartilage at the back of the ear. The ear is used because it does not enter the food supply chain.
Why are they so good?

Under the right conditions, a HGP can increase growth rate by 15-30%. This means that animals gain weight faster and can be sold earlier. In northern Australia it is seen as best farming practice to use HGPs, and is often the difference between finishing cattle for sale within a season, or having to hold onto them until the following year.

HGPs can also improve feed conversion efficiency by 5-15%, so fewer kilograms of feed are required to produce a kilogram of beef. HGPs can and do save significant land and water resources. The extra meat growth obtained from HGP use alone is equivalent to having an extra 2 million head of cattle in the Australian beef herd. And that’s got to be good.
Do they affect human health?

The World Health Organisation, international studies and the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration have all concluded: "there is unlikely to be any appreciable health risk to consumers from eating meat from cattle that have been treated with HGPs according to good veterinary practice".

The European Union is a notable objector, banning the use of HGPs and the importation of treated meat, citing insufficient data as to its safety. Average hormone concentrations in cattle treated appropriately with the ‘natural’ hormones are within the normal hormone range of untreated cattle. More worrying is that Maximum Residue Limits and Acceptable Daily Intakes have been set for the ‘synthetic’ hormones.

I personally feel uneasy about two things here.

There is no certainty as to the safety of the meat.
There is too much reliance on ‘good veterinary practice’.

I have seen a great many implants administered incorrectly by untrained workers. They are either inserted in the wrong part of the ear, or in such a rough manner that pellets are crushed in the process, leading to rapid hormone absorption into the body of the animal.
Why are they so bad?

HGP use has been proven to negatively impact eating quality – particularly marbling and tenderness. This effect is amplified in the higher value cuts. Aside from questions as to the safety and quality of treated meat, my primary concern with HGPs are related to animal welfare.

Even when used correctly, one in every hundred cattle that are implanted will suffer side effects ranging from the development of female characteristics to rectal prolapse.

Introduce an inexperienced or uncaring worker to carry out the implanting, and you will see a dramatic rise in affected animals. The most disturbing side effect that I have witnessed is 'bulling', where the herd pick on a single animal because it smells different (usually as a result of excess hormones from incorrect application of the HGP).

In my experience in feedlots, the herd can 'bull' / ride an animal to death within a matter of 24 hours. Even when the animal is rescued as soon as possible, the injuries can be horrific.
Why I will never again implant a HGP

My reasoning is not sensational or extreme. I have a lingering doubt about the safety of HGP treated meat. I know that meat quality is impacted. And I have a stubborn commitment to bettering the welfare of animals.

By selectively breeding for improved growth rates and feed conversion, and better caring for my animals and pasture, I can outweigh any gains made from the use of added hormones. Because of this, I will never again implant a HGP. And that unties a little knot in my stomach.

Yay coles!!!

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 11:24 pm » by Noentry

Banned in the UK.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 12:53 am » by Doogle

"Our meat"

Say whaaaaa

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 1:39 am » by Shaggietrip

Nice post.

Being one that eats this meat along with cooks it, some good info. As Meat prices rise... estimated,4 bucks a lb for ground beef [in my location] one looks elsewhere for better price. I pay the extra actually and know of some meat markets not to buy ground beef. Now with this it play on whole beef. Not just whats ground into it. So with what I have learned and now just watched do I buy whole beef from another country and make my own Burger? Frack me!

Thanx for the info . :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 5:59 am » by Opalserpent

Thanks for posts, I think in the future I could very well go full vegetarian.
I think I can make up for the lack of meat with increased amounts of eggs and milk and cheese and beans.
Baked beans and eggs make for much fun during the day.

Yeah Veg POWUR!

Wow i read my early post from 3 years back, crikey I'm a badass.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 am » by othelzer

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane. TESLA
“Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed."
Walter Russell

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 am » by Opalserpent

othelzer wrote:Image

I wanted bad to post the skit of connie prostituting herself on the street with bobby pulling up and saying he always wanted to have sex with a bison.

It's in this episode. Have a nice day.

http://tvonline.tw/brickleberry-2012/se ... episode-3/

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 5:24 pm » by Akashicrebel

Opalserpent wrote:Thanks for posts, I think in the future I could very well go full vegetarian.
I think I can make up for the lack of meat with increased amounts of eggs and milk and cheese and beans.
Baked beans and eggs make for much fun during the day.

Yeah Veg POWUR!

For the last 10 years I'm eating meat only in the weekends, working great for me.

:cheers:
........................................Image

I'm not violent. I'm creative with weapons.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 7:39 pm » by pushtone

Opalserpent wrote:Thanks for posts, I think in the future I could very well go full vegetarian.

perhaps - the hour is at hand...... :wink:

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Next