"Radiation-Eating" Fungi Finding Could Trigger Recalculation

Conspirator

PostTue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm » by Phaeton

"Radiation-Eating" Fungi Finding Could Trigger Recalculation Of Earth's Energy Balance

From May 23, 2007

Scientists have long assumed that fungi exist mainly to decompose matter into chemicals that other organisms can then use. But researchers at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have found evidence that fungi possess a previously undiscovered talent with profound implications: the ability to use radioactivity as an energy source for making food and spurring their growth.

"The fungal kingdom comprises more species than any other plant or animal kingdom, so finding that they're making food in addition to breaking it down means that Earth's energetics--in particular, the amount of radiation energy being converted to biological energy--may need to be recalculated," says Dr. Arturo Casadevall, chair of microbiology & immunology at Einstein and senior author of the study, published May 23 in PLoS ONE.

The ability of fungi to live off radiation could also prove useful to people: "Since ionizing radiation is prevalent in outer space, astronauts might be able to rely on fungi as an inexhaustible food source on long missions or for colonizing other planets," says Dr. Ekaterina Dadachova, associate professor of nuclear medicine and microbiology & immunology at Einstein and lead author of the study.

Those fungi able to "eat" radiation must possess melanin, the pigment found in many if not most fungal species. But up until now, melanin's biological role in fungi--if any--has been a mystery.

"Just as the pigment chlorophyll converts sunlight into chemical energy that allows green plants to live and grow, our research suggests that melanin can use a different portion of the electromagnetic spectrum--ionizing radiation--to benefit the fungi containing it," says Dr. Dadachova.

The research began five years ago when Dr. Casadevall read on the Web that a robot sent into the still-highly-radioactive damaged reactor at Chernobyl had returned with samples of black, melanin-rich fungi that were growing on the reactor's walls. "I found that very interesting and began discussing with colleagues whether these fungi might be using the radiation emissions as an energy source," says Dr. Casadevall.

To test this idea, the Einstein researchers performed a variety of in vivo tests using three genetically diverse fungi and four measures of cell growth. The studies consistently showed that ionizing radiation significantly enhances the growth of fungi that contain melanin.

For example, two types of fungi--one that was induced to make melanin (Crytococcus neoformans) and another that naturally contains it (Wangiella dermatitidis)--were exposed to levels of ionizing radiation approximately 500 times higher than background levels. Both species grew significantly faster (as measured by the number of colony forming units and dry weight) than when exposed to standard background radiation.

The researchers also carried out physico-chemical studies into melanin's ability to capture radiation. By measuring the electron spin resonance signal after melanin was exposed to ionizing radiation, they showed that radiation interacts with melanin to alter its electron structure. This is an essential step for capturing radiation and converting it into a different form of energy to make food.

Dr. Casadevall notes that the melanin in fungi is no different chemically from the melanin in our skin. "It's pure speculation but not outside the realm of possibility that melanin could be providing energy to skin cells," he says. "While it wouldn't be enough energy to fuel a run on the beach, maybe it could help you to open an eyelid."

Other Einstein researchers involved in the study are Ruth A. Bryan, Xianchun Huang, Tiffany Moadel, Andrew D. Schweitzer, Philip Aisen and Joshua D. Nosanchuk.

Melanized Cryptococcus with capsule. (Credit: Dr. Ekaterina Dadachova, Albert Einstein College of Medicine)

Source: sciencedaily.com
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Master Conspirator

PostTue May 31, 2011 5:45 pm » by Drjones

Amazing information. I truly believe if it were not for the innate wisdom found in nature, processes we know nothing about, the human race would have bitten the bullet long ago. However we still continue to remain ignorant, we (under massive manipulated pressures from tptb i have to add, and if given another way we would choose it in a heartbeat i feel) continue to pollute, plunder and pillidge this fine planet for all it's resources that we seem not to realise are finite, theyw ill eventually run out, we are still here today breathing because of these unknown processes found in nature but how much longer can it go on ? When the hell will we learn to AWAKEN and realise we do live on a planet here, YES...the only one we know of able to sustain life in the entire universe of unimaginable size ? I honestly can't believe how backwards things are on this Earth with us humans, beautiful and magnificent creatures in our own right ? EVERYTHING related to the sysem we all 'live' under is completely backwards and i've fucking had enough, i truly honestly can't take it anymore, i will not be corrupted, i will not be pathetically submissive in the face of authority, i will remain true to myself and the universal laws which will stand for all time. I may sound angry but no, i realise that LOVE is the only way, that does not mean you have weakness, love has to be engaged correctly where you throw your entire soul at it to learn and change and evolve. Most people have too much chaos and more importantly doubt about all this in their lives to truly know what i mean, thus it is dismissed as some fantasy, when the truth is NO love is real, love is real power and at the end of the day love is the only force in the universe than can set you free regardless of what they do. Love is everything, it is the key we must always use. Love does'nt mean you don't fight if you are forced to, love permits fighting in cases of self defence, not direct attack without cause but for defence, absolutely. Love in my mind also permits killing if given situation is either you die or them, if they attack you and will not give up... if they know nothing else but death and domination, you engage them and are willing to be merciful but they are not, they you MUST kill them. Got off on a tangent, sorry.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm » by Phaeton

drjones wrote:Amazing information. I truly believe if it were not for the innate wisdom found in nature, processes we know nothing about, the human race would have bitten the bullet long ago. However we still continue to remain ignorant, we (under massive manipulated pressures from tptb i have to add, and if given another way we would choose it in a heartbeat i feel) continue to pollute, plunder and pillidge this fine planet for all it's resources that we seem not to realise are finite, theyw ill eventually run out, we are still here today breathing because of these unknown processes found in nature but how much longer can it go on ? When the hell will we learn to AWAKEN and realise we do live on a planet here, YES...the only one we know of able to sustain life in the entire universe of unimaginable size ? I honestly can't believe how backwards things are on this Earth with us humans, beautiful and magnificent creatures in our own right ? EVERYTHING related to the sysem we all 'live' under is completely backwards and i've fucking had enough, i truly honestly can't take it anymore, i will not be corrupted, i will not be pathetically submissive in the face of authority, i will remain true to myself and the universal laws which will stand for all time. I may sound angry but no, i realise that LOVE is the only way, that does not mean you have weakness, love has to be engaged correctly where you throw your entire soul at it to learn and change and evolve. Most people have too much chaos and more importantly doubt about all this in their lives to truly know what i mean, thus it is dismissed as some fantasy, when the truth is NO love is real, love is real power and at the end of the day love is the only force in the universe than can set you free regardless of what they do. Love is everything, it is the key we must always use. Love does'nt mean you don't fight if you are forced to, love permits fighting in cases of self defence, not direct attack without cause but for defence, absolutely. Love in my mind also permits killing if given situation is either you die or them, if they attack you and will not give up... if they know nothing else but death and domination, you engage them and are willing to be merciful but they are not, they you MUST kill them. Got off on a tangent, sorry.

Thanks for your thoughts on this dr Jones. These kind of techniques / this kind of science only underlines my conclusion scarcity is a farce. Technology and mother earth can and will provide for all 7 billion of us and more [potentially].

It underlines, imo, that 'threats' are only that because we do not applicate the combined knowledge we have accumulated as a race. And this is not because we are not able to, but because our top layer does not want to.. Based on their beliefs [society should be ruled by the 'elect', the top layer rules unilaterally; 'we can and they can not', we should bve hearded like the ignorant cattle we are - and with 'managing' any sort of group comes the responsibility to hold the numbers down].

And in closing; your logic regarding Love and its role in a self defence - life or death situation - is completely in line with the message of the Abrahamic faiths [this includes the Qur'an btw]. Murdering another is strictly forbidden; unless you are threatened with your or 'yours' life. Only in utter self defence, is the death of another human being permittable.

The Loveless state of this world, this present reality, is the main reason a message of Love like the one conveyed by the Abrahamic faiths can be twisted and misused for hate, evil.
Used for submissive control and murderous chaos. The seed for this can traced back to Indus Valley, Sumerian culture; Babylon and the genepools who played a central role in that time [in my assessment]. Its successors are doing their subversive 'unclean' thing just like the days of old.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 01, 2011 4:32 pm » by Drjones

Thanks Phaeton :flop: , yeah so much has been hidden from us and also alot of the information is obscured. But at the end of the day what is inside us is what is important, if we can connect with that and be courageous enough to follow it anything goes and we will be enlightened. It's not easy to connect with our higher self in a strong way. The lengths i have had to goto to get there have been labelled be some as 'extreme'. My path was basically a detox. Which lasted over one year and continues to this day, 2 years later,and really only now am i beginning to see and feel.
It's like we have read no doubt countless times, we have to get back to natural ways of living. If we look after our bodies, and for me of course this ultimately led to organic juice, fruits and vegetables, these are very important tools to enhance the spiritual experience and for spiritual growth. I then goto into tonic herbalism and again the herbs are fantastic spiritual growth tools as well as feeding the physical body, it's like if you nourish your physical body deeply it then transcends to another level, the connection to universal understanding starts. Back thousands of years ago the shamans, teh egyptians, the maya would have been spiritually very enlightened i'm sure not using all these methods i describe, but the thing is today's world is very different than it was back then, extremely more toxic both environmentally and spiritually...everything back then was about nature, respect for it...the universe and connection, now everything is about technology and the disconnection from all this true and pure, and herein if humans don't realise this lies our ultimate destruction. I was watching a Jamie Oliver programme last night, he's a UK chef, he is trying to get fast food places in the U.S to cook healthier meals, he was also in the schools trying to teach the kids about healthy eating, he had to jump umpteen barriers to do that in the land of the free, they did not want him filming in the school or cooking for the kids, insane. It was like Nazi Germany bigtime !!! Anyway, he manged eventually to do some education with the kids in these US schools, 17 year olds, asking them questions about where their food comes from... you would not believe some of the answers, the majority thought that milk came from CORN and that cheese came from an imaginary plant. People say America is not dumbing down it's kids, we'll fck me, it was really scary and Oliver was blown away, anyway in my mind he's part of the awakening and probably does'nt even know it.. :sunny:
Now i'm fcked. :)

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 02, 2011 10:40 pm » by Phaeton

drjones wrote:Thanks Phaeton :flop: , yeah so much has been hidden from us and also alot of the information is obscured. But at the end of the day what is inside us is what is important, if we can connect with that and be courageous enough to follow it anything goes and we will be enlightened. It's not easy to connect with our higher self in a strong way. The lengths i have had to goto to get there have been labelled be some as 'extreme'. My path was basically a detox. Which lasted over one year and continues to this day, 2 years later,and really only now am i beginning to see and feel.
It's like we have read no doubt countless times, we have to get back to natural ways of living. If we look after our bodies, and for me of course this ultimately led to organic juice, fruits and vegetables, these are very important tools to enhance the spiritual experience and for spiritual growth. I then goto into tonic herbalism and again the herbs are fantastic spiritual growth tools as well as feeding the physical body, it's like if you nourish your physical body deeply it then transcends to another level, the connection to universal understanding starts. Back thousands of years ago the shamans, teh egyptians, the maya would have been spiritually very enlightened i'm sure not using all these methods i describe, but the thing is today's world is very different than it was back then, extremely more toxic both environmentally and spiritually...everything back then was about nature, respect for it...the universe and connection, now everything is about technology and the disconnection from all this true and pure, and herein if humans don't realise this lies our ultimate destruction. I was watching a Jamie Oliver programme last night, he's a UK chef, he is trying to get fast food places in the U.S to cook healthier meals, he was also in the schools trying to teach the kids about healthy eating, he had to jump umpteen barriers to do that in the land of the free, they did not want him filming in the school or cooking for the kids, insane. It was like Nazi Germany bigtime !!! Anyway, he manged eventually to do some education with the kids in these US schools, 17 year olds, asking them questions about where their food comes from... you would not believe some of the answers, the majority thought that milk came from CORN and that cheese came from an imaginary plant. People say America is not dumbing down it's kids, we'll fck me, it was really scary and Oliver was blown away, anyway in my mind he's part of the awakening and probably does'nt even know it.. :sunny:
Now i'm fcked. :)

Dumbing down of the populace is evident. The scary part is not only do people know less and less at an alarming rate, but at the same time; people seem to get pulled into a state of mind in which everything that does not conform with their synthesized presets is regarded as 'dumb'. And react in an agressive manner on top of that. How brilliant is that, if youre at the top o/t pyramid. The movie Idiocracy is a nice extreme projection of what Im talking about. It often is valuable to make something 'extreme' to get a point across, this movie does that magnificently.

Oliver is doing some good stuff with his food. Saw him break down the contents of a chicken nugget to some schoolchildren. Before they were pushing eachother away to get to the nuggets. After, all one could see were disgusted, unhappy faces... None would have them tasty nuggets, none. Very sad and very good at thesame time. Sad in the fact they are so ignorant to what they put their bodies and very good in their reactions when they did know whats in there. Im not blaming the kids on the sad part mind you, I blame their patrons, in whatever form they come. Parents, family, school, etc. It is obvious to me, a large percentage of the families are ignorant to the reality of reality; meaning in this context for me the fact that institutions we used to trust to do whats best for 'their people', now only do whats best for the corporations. And the corporations need dumb, fat, easy manipulated cattle to feed off their products. To disarm the threat to their agenda and to consolidate the elitist / unequality status quo; creating the perfect platform to finalise their plans. Anyway, Im digressing. Oliver, although somewhat irritating to watch, kicks arse with his healthy food promo's [as one of the very few I do think].

Cheers mate
:cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv