Rand Paul Currently Being Detained By TSA In Nashville

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 5:18 pm » by domdabears

My son Rand is currently being detained by the TSA at the Nashville Airport. I'll share more details as the situation unfolds.

via facebook http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

:shooting: :nwo:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm » by domdabears

Sen. Rand Paul told his communications director this morning he was being detained by TSA in Nashville.

@moirabagley, the Twitter account associated with Paul staffer Moira Bagley tweeted around 10 a.m., ET, “Just got a call from @senrandpaul. He’s currently being detained by TSA in Nashville.”

A spokesman for TSA said the agency was looking into the matter but could not immediately comment.

Paul apparently set off an airport security full-body scanner, “on a glitch,” a spokesman in Paul’s office told ABC News.

The Paul staffer said TSA agents would not let Paul walk back through the body scanner they were demanding, according to the staffer, a full body pat-down.

The Paul spokesman said his office had called TSA administrator John Pistole about the incident this morning.

The Senate is back in session today at 2 p.m., with votes scheduled at 4:30 p.m.

The issue of pat-downs has been an important one to Paul, the son of libertarian-leaning Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. Sen. Paul brought this issue up at a hearing earlier this year.

video http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... nashville/
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 pm » by Fatbastard

"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm » by domdabears

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm » by domdabears

More info - there was an "anomaly" in Rand's initial body scan, so my son requested to be scanned a second time. TSA demanded a full body pat down and Rand refused.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you