Rapper KRS-One on Obama & much more - Excellent Interview

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 am » by Mikemess

drextin wrote:
mikemess wrote:
drextin wrote:Please. KRS1 was a thug who used to storm the stages of anyone who opposed him and he and his crew would beat the shit out of them and take over the mic. He then went on to the "stop the violence" movement when he knew his punk ass was not going to be able to intimidate the new breed of gangsta rappers.

He has his place in rap history........but being the best rapper ever is by far not it. He only went into this new role of talk radio because no one wanted to here his ass rap anymore. Those who are considered great still command audiences.

You'll find a few out of work rappers who took jobs as controversial radio show hosts. Most were pawns for a certain political movement who needed what they thought to be admired black artists. Only the conspiracy crew and old people listen to these guys.

I never said he was the best rapper. And I dont "listen" to him. I just happened to find these inteviews and thought there was alot of truth to what he was saying. At least he's saying something ....

( dont be a hater... )

Not hating just stating.............

jackmfunion wrote:THE greatest rapper ever.... you cannot fuck with a guy whose name means 'Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone'!

your response........

mikemess wrote:
jackmfunion wrote:THE greatest rapper ever.... you cannot fuck with a guy whose name means 'Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone'!

Hellz to the Yea....

Seriously man........this is a one page thread.......at the time of this posting..........how in the hell can you forget what you said on a one page thread?

I was responding with the quote: "you cannot fuck with a guy whose name means 'Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone'!

Not the "THE greatest rapper ever"

I grew up on rap since "The beginning"....."Funky 4 plus One" ...."Sequence ( The first lady Rappers ) and on and on till it got "Gangsta" thats when I got over it.

So your Quote it wrong..

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 5:38 am » by Esoteric

marduk2012 wrote:
mikemess wrote:
Did I hear Alex Jones in the background? :banana:

yes! because this interview was used for the obama deception docu
who is who, to say what is what?

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 am » by Wompasdub

I've always loved KRS one and I'm a ska fan, that right there proves how epic he is.

Followed by McDonalds and Coca-Cola
The point is that whatever the outcome of the battle
The day goes on with more french fries and soda

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 7:13 am » by Lilbuddhaman

KRS one rocked it in his day man. I stopped listening to rap since it went gangsta too...(well except for the Geto Boys<originally Ghetto boys....that was some funny shite with some good beats!) At least KRS got peeps to thinking, and learning. This is more than can be said about the crap being put out for the longest time. Mucho respect for KRS one for rising above it all and influencing a whole new genre of music in the process.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 3:45 pm » by Drextin

Yeah I've been rap with the beginning as well and have stayed with it. KRS1 and BDP, which strangely none of you have mentioned, lasted all of less than 3 years at their peak. The reason being he tried to pull I'm a teacher shit when everyone knew he was a fake.

Funky 4 plus One, yes they were something.........they were the inspiration for Blondie to make song Rapture with the first mainstream artist rapping. Sugar Hill Gang precedes them. So not sure if you thought throwing out a name many would not know would help. Did you know that Funky 4 was signed to sugarhill records? SugarHill Gang had been doing it since the early 70s. Also the first recognized rap song was by the fatback band but was mislabeled as funk since no one knew what it was. SugarHill Gang was also the first to receive a gold record while Funky 4 never even finished a complete studio album.

You cannot qualify yourself as any type of rap fan if you stopped listening in the early 90s. Thats like saying I'm as rock fan and know my shit but I quit listening in 1964 when that hippie shit started.

I personally do not believe any of you. I think some didn't even know who he was until he started his alex jones type show. Now you think he is all that when the rest of the world has put him in the place of an old schooler who needed a job.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm » by Songhai

I'd really like to ear flava flav's take on this matter. This guy has loads and loads of "yet untold" wisdom he obviously can school us all ...

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 5:08 pm » by Drextin

songhai wrote:I'd really like to ear flava flav's take on this matter. This guy has loads and loads of "yet untold" wisdom he obviously can school us all ...

hahahahaahhaah...........I never thought that flav would be the one member to still be going strong. Chuck as moved into the talk radio bit...............terminator x has all but disappeared......but hey we got flav.......for his sake with all them hoes he messes with 911 better not be a joke........A PE reference for those who do not know of the group.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm » by Towelie

drextin wrote:I personally do not believe any of you. I think some didn't even know who he was until he started his alex jones type show. Now you think he is all that when the rest of the world has put him in the place of an old schooler who needed a job.

I can honestly say i still dont know who he is :headscratch: , ive no idea about Rap or pretty much any modern music, but its not a bad thing having personalities like this speaking about these subjects(NWO etc.)
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm » by Drextin

towelie wrote:
drextin wrote:I personally do not believe any of you. I think some didn't even know who he was until he started his alex jones type show. Now you think he is all that when the rest of the world has put him in the place of an old schooler who needed a job.

I can honestly say i still dont know who he is :headscratch: , ive no idea about Rap or pretty much any modern music, but its not a bad thing having personalities like this speaking about these subjects(NWO etc.)

It is when their motive is this..........they miis being able to tell the world what they think about it in song and now have moved on to telling them what they think about it on a radio show. They are strutted out in all these videos by people like alex jones so alex can claim to have some street cred. "hey here is a black ex rapper talking about obama"...............bullshit. They dislike obama cause it helps their ratings and he is not a militant black.

If you don't take into account the reason people are saying things then how can you make a judgment about its accuracy? I've seen so many on here tear apart tv evangelist for their motives never realizing that these others cats are doing the same thing. Selling lies to those who desperately need to believe.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 7:02 pm » by Towelie

Thats true, i cant realy say that what hes saying/doing is a good thing when i admit ive no idea what hes saying or of his motives for saying it, but someone like this has a better chance of getting info across to a certain group than most people would.
Id figure a wanna be rapper will listen to KRS more willingly than they would listen to a panel of scientists, i completley agree that a lot would jump on this type of thing for personal gain, conspiracy stuff gets quite a large following = large market base.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

PreviousNext