Rapper KRS-One on Obama & much more - Excellent Interview

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm » by Mikemess

drextin wrote:You cannot qualify yourself as any type of rap fan if you stopped listening in the early 90s. Thats like saying I'm as rock fan and know my shit but I quit listening in 1964 when that hippie shit started.

I personally do not believe any of you. I think some didn't even know who he was until he started his alex jones type show. Now you think he is all that when the rest of the world has put him in the place of an old schooler who needed a job.

I used to be a rap fan. Now I just deal with it.

Writer

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 pm » by Trez420

something kinda cool i found...... not really a song?....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SFeHK_uNwgY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SFeHK_uNwgY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 pm » by Thewatcher

drextin wrote:Please. KRS1 was a thug who used to storm the stages of anyone who opposed him and he and his crew would beat the shit out of them and take over the mic. He then went on to the "stop the violence" movement when he knew his punk ass was not going to be able to intimidate the new breed of gangsta rappers.

He has his place in rap history........but being the best rapper ever is by far not it. He only went into this new role of talk radio because no one wanted to here his ass rap anymore. Those who are considered great still command audiences.

You'll find a few out of work rappers who took jobs as controversial radio show hosts. Most were pawns for a certain political movement who needed what they thought to be admired black artists. Only the conspiracy crew and old people listen to these guys.

Drextin that post is spot on, just through curiousity who is your favourite hip-hop artist and producer in the game, if you have one that is. But i agree with your post down to every word. Just thought i had to say that as i read too much on here without replying. :peep:
''The Fear of Losing is the Biggest Winner''

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 pm » by Thewatcher

But i will tell you who my favourites are in the game at the moment..My best artist for spittin at the moment has to be Evidence from a very good group called Dilated Peoples, and as for producing you just can't knock The Alchemist ,he's my favourite and yes dre is a quality producer who knows how to put the right hook into his beats, 3 very talented musicians there, but i was listening to ll cool j, run dmc and grandmaster flash and the furious 5 as a 9 year old in a terraced house in liverpool england in a middle class white family who's parents listened to the likes of Rod Stewart, ELO, Elvis and The Beatles, But i do admit i also had a soft spot (and still do) for The Beatles being from liverpool and all that. All together now , :help: I need somebody :help: not just anybody :help: you know i neeed someone :help: :owned:
''The Fear of Losing is the Biggest Winner''

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 am » by Drextin

thewatcher wrote:But i will tell you who my favourites are in the game at the moment..My best artist for spittin at the moment has to be Evidence from a very good group called Dilated Peoples, and as for producing you just can't knock The Alchemist ,he's my favourite and yes dre is a quality producer who knows how to put the right hook into his beats, 3 very talented musicians there, but i was listening to ll cool j, run dmc and grandmaster flash and the furious 5 as a 9 year old in a terraced house in liverpool england in a middle class white family who's parents listened to the likes of Rod Stewart, ELO, Elvis and The Beatles, But i do admit i also had a soft spot (and still do) for The Beatles being from liverpool and all that. All together now , :help: I need somebody :help: not just anybody :help: you know i neeed someone :help: :owned:

same here.........one parent a rocker one listened to country......i went with rap.

I think the most talented and original producer who doesn't have to sample to get good sounds and beats is Timberland. I'm a huge fan of Outkast and B.O.B. lil wayne and dj khaled
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 am » by Lilbuddhaman

I never once said i was a rap fan. I am a fan of music and try not to generalize myself if at all possible. I just listen to all types of music. Some i like, and some i don't. I will listen to everything from classical to death metal and enjoy it all (however i am very picky). I haven;t listened to the radio or watched Mtv for many many years however as the whole music biz kinda disgusts me. It's like being force fed lucky charms or some crap....it makes me grate my teeth.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 am » by Saturnv

omg barry white with larngitis what is he rapping about and do we care !!!

jetxvii

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am » by jetxvii

Man Rap is horrible these days. people like young jeezy and soulja boy piss me off the worst, they use you can make it yourself music sound bite layers called "tracks" and spit a few new and may I add Made up words to a few slang phrases, its really over sensationalized crap.

good rap music now ( off the top of my head )

T.I.
Lupe Fiasco.
Kayne ( not the drunken misguided fool)
OutKast
I'll agree with drex lil wayne is pretty good sometimes.
Fort Minor
KMK
Triple 6 Mafia ( they have kind of sold out though) .... ( I'm talking more about the "when the smoke clears era")

you see I am more of an old school side ways hat wearing pencil eraser haired soul glo straight out of Compton old school rap listener. like Dre, Snoop, Easy E, Ice Cube. Dub C. ( I'm making Mount Westmore, because Bitch you know the side world motherfucking wide) I also like the Wu tang RIP ODB. Busta Rhymes around the time of the ELE album.and twista and The Man The awesomeness MYSTIKAL ( Quit your lying Heffer WATCH YOURSELF!)

jetxvii

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am » by jetxvii

Oh and by the way:

La Dee Dee Dee Dee Daa Doo Lee Dee Da Do Day. KRS-1 IS here to stay

Previous