Real Ghosts Exist to Nearly half of Americans

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 am » by Slith

Interesting read

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 49485.html

Your mommy and daddy might have told you there are no such things as ghosts.

But nearly half the country thinks otherwise.

A HuffPost/YouGov poll shows that 45 percent of Americans believe in ghosts, or that the spirits of dead people can come back in certain places and situations.

The idea of ghosts as hopeful evidence of life after death goes all the way back to ancient Egypt, where it was commonly believed that death was merely a transition to some mysterious netherworld of another existence.

While skeptics deny the existence of ghosts, claiming there's no real evidence, polls and surveys have shown the public strongly disagrees.

Of the 1,000 adults interviewed Dec. 17-18, the HuffPost/YouGov poll revealed 45 percent believe in ghosts, or that the spirits of dead people can come back in certain places and situations. When asked if they believe there's a life after death, 64 percent responded Yes. While 59 percent of adults don't believe they've ever actually seen a ghost, 43 percent also don't think that ghosts or spirits can harm or interact with living people.

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:21 am » by Malogg

They do I have seen a load when I was a child 2 up real close and 1 of em has haunted me 3 or 4 times (drummer boy that had no legs or was walking half through the floor) but the scariest one was when I was 3 n half years ole a headless woman wearing kinda like royal clothing standing over my bed pmsl I mind running through the house into my mothers bed fell asleep again but was woken up by the same ghost when I woke my mother it just vanished I can still see that ghost and what the lady was wearing clearly even the fat Jeweled rings and drip shaped pearls woven into her cloths. . . .

Aint seen sh1t since I was about 8 ,ust to go to the grave yards (Inverallan Cemetery by the river Spey it was creepy as feck wi the mist n moon lighting the head stones up wi bats flying about just missing your head) and the main cemetery also Castle Grant in Grantown-on-spey in the middle of the night looking for em with a few friends.
Last edited by Malogg on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 am » by Slith

Malogg wrote:They do I have seen a load when I was a child 2 up real close and 1 of em has haunted me 3 or 4 times (drummer boy that had no legs or was walking half through the floor) but the scariest one was when I was 3 n half years ole a headless woman wearing kinda like royal clothing standing over my bed pmsl I mind running through the house into my mothers bed fell asleep again but was woken up by the same ghost when I woke my mother it just vanished I can still see that ghost and what it was wearing clearly

Aint seen sh1t since I was about 8

I've seen a couple too. Not since childhood either. This stuff seriously creeps me out

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 am » by Malogg

Feck eye min really does scare the sh1t out of me , the drummer boy is a ghost that haunts the Ogilvy family when the head of the family is meant to die the drummer ghost a Campbell boy burnt to death in an Ogilvy castle fire haunts children or elderly Ogilvy's.

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 am » by Slith

Sh*t Mal. :nails: My sightings aren't family related (not to my knowledge anyways). But, yeah I've heard of the "curse" like hauntings and it scares the bejeebus out of me. And I don't scare easily

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 am » by Malogg

Also my fathers dogs (Donner and Blitzen) have haunted me ,was woken to a dog licking my hand (Blitzen black lab gundog) when I awoke I smelt my father and his dogs ,will never forget that one as I was going through HELL wi my stepfather bullying me when I was 12 ish ,never seen them but just had this awesome loving feeling that gave me the strength to get through the HELL my stepfather was putting me through..

The c@nt ust to batter the sh1t out of me and my brother behind my mothers back GGGRR !!! ...

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 am » by Slith

My last experience happened in church. I was 11 or 12. I looked down from the pew and saw demonic eyes darting here and there from the floor. Then they fixed on me. Scared shitless, I looked away. When I looked back, they were gone. Still haunts me as to whether I was imagining it or not

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am » by Malogg

Slith wrote:My last experience happened in church. I was 11 or 12. I looked down from the pew and saw demonic eyes darting here and there from the floor. Then they fixed on me. Scared shitless, I looked away. When I looked back, they were gone. Still haunts me as to whether I was imagining it or not

That is creepy as feck min , ahaha reminds me of an evildead kinda sketch :nails:

Super Moderator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 am » by Slith

Yep. I posted that before, but had sorta forgotten about it until I read that article

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 am » by mediasorcery

theyre everywhere, get used to it,
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Next