"Real time and real lives."

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 pm » by Webcat

Webcat is thinking out the box here!

This interesting little titbit I stumbled across, made me think.

If time is human constraint that we invented to explain something, then what other real non-existant constraints have humans invented?

The most obvious that comes to mind is Religion (IMAO) and the concept of 'God'.

What if, like time, we have invented a concept that we so firmly believe in, we have become its slave?

Even if, its totally a product of human thinking?

If time (as we know/understand it) is just a product of human need, then cannot religion be the same product of that human imagination/thinking?

We 'invented' our (human) concept of time and does that not allow us to 'invent' other really important (to humans) concepts?

What if we humans have allowed our imagination to invent such concepts of our need, that we accept our desires and needs, as reality?

When the real 'truth' about the human condition is a very different construct?

Are we all living in a fantasy world of false constricts, that we (humanity) have created for ourselves to justify our existance?

What if real time does not exist - like our understanding of 'God'?

Just some thoughts! :mrgreen:

:cheers:

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 11:46 pm » by JohnT

Time is an interval, period or unit, it is not fixed (only by common perspective), it appears to have a direction, such that you don't seem to move energy events (release or capture) in reverse, entropy or the
idea that things move to lowest energy state.

Now consider light year, a distance, relative to a period of rotation around local star, how far light travels while our third rock makes one rotation (tangible, seasonal periods, repeat, highs and lows).

Now parsing language time is a “unit” it can be measured relative to almost anything (gravity is a good one), ask yourself, is time constant in different gravity systems across the universe ( we measure red shift ) but what if gravity and light units are linked …... you even have equations now that proof they are

You are on a “prison planet” awaiting a jail break (cosmic)... I believe it is Clark who said something like “Any sufficiently advanced science will essentially appear to be MagiK” try extrapolation, any advanced magik will make you appear as “Gods”. Got? Sons of god syndrome, provided by your future, you are not alone and it is not good.......

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 am » by RATRODROB

Hi Webby,

IMO, time has always been here and always will be, man just invented a way to measure it, as man needs to (for some reason) be able to measure everything.

Man has to measure how MUCH some one loves him, not simply happy with being loved.

Man has to measure how MUCH money he has, not just be content.

Man has to measure his standing in society, not only be part of it.

Man has to measure his own success, not just succeed.

Me on the other hand, I don't give a rats arse about time or money or my standing in society or how much success I have.
I have everything I need, my wife and two boys, our dog, my lizard, my 75 kombi and my old home.
About the only thing I have invented on a personal level is my conception of freedom, which is NOT to rely on others, not be materialistic, to love and be loved, not be part of the rat race, to take the time to smell the roses, enjoy and respect nature and look after all things and respect for all things natural.

I currently spend 3-4 days every week in the bush, either prospecting alone or with my wife, or just camping out away from people and noise.
I can make enough money in 3 days to get by easily with my lifestyle and ive never been happier, and we wanted to make sure we could enjoy what we could while we can still be independent rather than work, work, work until retirement then only get maybe a few years of independence until that hip plays up or ya heart needs attention or some other fckn bodily loss.

so the only thing ive invented is my life style choices, which make me happier, freer and richer than money could ever make me.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 11:47 pm » by Tjahzi

JohnT wrote:Time is an interval, period or unit, it is not fixed (only by common perspective), it appears to have a direction, such that you don't seem to move energy events (release or capture) in reverse, entropy or the
idea that things move to lowest energy state.

Now consider light year, a distance, relative to a period of rotation around local star, how far light travels while our third rock makes one rotation (tangible, seasonal periods, repeat, highs and lows).

Now parsing language time is a “unit” it can be measured relative to almost anything (gravity is a good one), ask yourself, is time constant in different gravity systems across the universe ( we measure red shift ) but what if gravity and light units are linked …... you even have equations now that proof they are

You are on a “prison planet” awaiting a jail break (cosmic)... I believe it is Clark who said something like “Any sufficiently advanced science will essentially appear to be MagiK” try extrapolation, any advanced magik will make you appear as “Gods”. Got? Sons of god syndrome, provided by your future, you are not alone and it is not good.......

Good thinking on the time & gravity mix :flop:

welcome :cheers: