red cross money? where?

Writer

PostSun May 02, 2010 3:01 am » by Angeliceline

this is to be expected in my opinion...they really do use disasters to make a profit...

Red Cross spending on Haiti's recovery called into question???

Fred Sajous, a Haitian earthquake survivor armed with a video camera and a cause, is a man on a mission: to figure out how the American Red Cross spent the $430 million it raised for the disaster.

The former Broward Community College student visited the tent city across the street from the American Red Cross' Pétionville headquarters. Tent city leaders said they had not received anything from the Red Cross. With the organization's monthly report in hand, he went to a dozen more settlements.

"I couldn't find the $106 million," said Sajous, a 29-year-old mechanical engineer who left Fort Lauderdale for Port-au-Prince after being laid off last year. "I didn't see a single sticker or anything."

More than three months since the American Red Cross raised hundreds of millions to aid Haiti in the aftermath of the 7.0 earthquake that killed an estimated 300,000 and left 1.3 million homeless, the organization says it has spent about a quarter of the money.

But after consuming $106 million in the first 60 days, the Red Cross in the past month has tapped just $5 million more and has come under fire for what critics call anemic spending.

Other aid groups, members of Congress, bloggers and even a former board member are among the growing chorus asking what the Red Cross is doing with such a massive amount of money raised in such a short time.

Red Cross records are not public, so Sajous settled on registering a watchdog organization called Kontrol Aid and making a video about his hunt for Red Cross relief supplies, which he posted on YouTube. American Red Cross President and CEO Gail J. McGovern last week countered with an Internet video of her own, responding to those who say the organization lacks visibility.

She also scheduled a conference call with members of Congress, underscoring the agency's sudden drive to explain how it funded 43 percent of the global Red Cross efforts that assisted 2 million people, gave tarps and other supplies to 450,000 and distributed almost 24 million gallons of water.

To read the complete article, visit www.miamiherald.com

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/04/28/9 ... _Container#ixzz0mjHzxmGV

Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 5:34 am » by Mediasorcerer

forgive me my strong words here,but charities are a goddamn fukin scam,
the reason the money aint spent is that its gathering interest,
same with the bushfire funds here in victoria,none gets to where its needed,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Writer

PostSun May 02, 2010 7:40 am » by Angeliceline

mediasorcerer wrote:forgive me my strong words here,but charities are a goddamn fukin scam,
the reason the money aint spent is that its gathering interest,
same with the bushfire funds here in victoria,none gets to where its needed,

I agree with you...its definitely a scam..another way to use peoples situations in crisis to make a buck...disgusting...

Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 11:57 am » by Allreadydead

Yes, charities make an awful lot of money these days, the really big one's can make millions - this example of the Red Cross, following the earthquate disaster, is a pointer to just how much the charity 'business' is worth these days - and believe me they run these charities like a business!

There are probably people creaming off a few bucks here and there, normally where money is to be found, you'll also find thiefs, fraudsters, con-artists and that whole bunch of barstards, sniffing around for a few bucks - or lots of bucks! - They don't give a shit, that's it for people who lost basically everything, or that it will feed a starving child, or help people with medicine and vacainations that save lives - No, these human dregs, no better than vultures (though I like vultures, they keep the place clean, and they don't rip into you until your dead!) just want the money for more possessions, power and authority (that's a hint to where I think this 'creamed off' money is ending up in the really big 'cream-offs).

Believe me, I know that some of the money I give to certain charities is stolen by these blood-suckers - but I still give, because if say, just a quarter of each buck I give gets through, and some poor human can get a glass of water, or bowl or rice, or some medice for their kids, Then, angrly - very angrly, I say that such awlful barstard humans can have it on their conscious and not on mine.

Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 12:02 pm » by Pindz

There is a HUGE CONSPIRACY BEHIND HAITI DISASTER!
angeliceline wrote:this is to be expected in my opinion...they really do use disasters to make a profit...

Red Cross spending on Haiti's recovery called into question???

Fred Sajous, a Haitian earthquake survivor armed with a video camera and a cause, is a man on a mission: to figure out how the American Red Cross spent the $430 million it raised for the disaster.

The former Broward Community College student visited the tent city across the street from the American Red Cross' Pétionville headquarters. Tent city leaders said they had not received anything from the Red Cross. With the organization's monthly report in hand, he went to a dozen more settlements.

"I couldn't find the $106 million," said Sajous, a 29-year-old mechanical engineer who left Fort Lauderdale for Port-au-Prince after being laid off last year. "I didn't see a single sticker or anything."

More than three months since the American Red Cross raised hundreds of millions to aid Haiti in the aftermath of the 7.0 earthquake that killed an estimated 300,000 and left 1.3 million homeless, the organization says it has spent about a quarter of the money.

But after consuming $106 million in the first 60 days, the Red Cross in the past month has tapped just $5 million more and has come under fire for what critics call anemic spending.

Other aid groups, members of Congress, bloggers and even a former board member are among the growing chorus asking what the Red Cross is doing with such a massive amount of money raised in such a short time.

Red Cross records are not public, so Sajous settled on registering a watchdog organization called Kontrol Aid and making a video about his hunt for Red Cross relief supplies, which he posted on YouTube. American Red Cross President and CEO Gail J. McGovern last week countered with an Internet video of her own, responding to those who say the organization lacks visibility.

She also scheduled a conference call with members of Congress, underscoring the agency's sudden drive to explain how it funded 43 percent of the global Red Cross efforts that assisted 2 million people, gave tarps and other supplies to 450,000 and distributed almost 24 million gallons of water.

To read the complete article, visit http://www.miamiherald.com

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/04/28/9 ... _Container#ixzz0mjHzxmGV

:clapper:

Master Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 12:04 pm » by Drjones

Charites are :bullshit: money is not the solution.

Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 12:13 pm » by Allreadydead

drjones said:
Charites are :bullshit: money is not the solution.

I suspect that your right drjones, maybe if humans practised a little more humanity every day and actually wanted to help each other for no profit or reward, save that your helping a fellow human - that would be a start!

Conspirator

PostSun May 02, 2010 12:22 pm » by Germanpils

angeliceline wrote:this is to be expected in my opinion...they really do use disasters to make a profit...

yes i always thought the same
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
You know, you don't see with your eyes,
you see with your brain and the more
words your brain has, the more things you can see.
(KRS-ONE)