Red Dwarf; Jesus Christ!

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 am » by Iamcare

Just a quick one;

Did anybody else watch Red Dwarf tonight? wtf was going on with that, it was like I was watching one of those times when a tv series has a really 'disclosure' episode, like the lone gunmen premiere or when McGyver went to atlantis with Brian Blessed, but seriously, a few of the things that had me raising an eyebrow,

Holy Blood boly grail myth

Jesus travelling the world and taken into a spaceship

Lister wearing a jacket saying "believe in the ruins"

the real Jesus standing in front of the CERN shiva statue

have I been smoking too much again?
Word is born,
Fight the War, Fuck the norm....

Upload to Disclose.tv

Dedication ---------------- Tenacity --------------------------- Volition
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 9:21 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am » by Edgar 2.0

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Image

FatDog, remember this? :

:mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Lol Edgar...I kinda liked that series, Firefly kind of reminded me of it

News
Media
US television industry

Blake's 7: Syfy cues up US remake

Cable channel that successfully rebooted Battlestar Galactica orders pilot of Terry Nation's hit 70s sci-fi show
The bloodbath of a final episode suggested a comeback was out of the question. But television's appetite for remaking sci-fi classics of yesteryear has extended to Blake's 7, the story of interstellar renegades which came to an end on BBC1 in 1981.

Blake's 7, which was dubbed "The Dirty Dozen in space", is being remade for the same US cable TV channel, Syfy, that successfully revived another 70s sci-fi show, Battlestar Galactica, in 2004.

Doctor Who was reinvented for a new Saturday teatime audience by BBC1, but not every reboot of a fondly remembered show has been successful – ITV1's new version of The Prisoner proved short-lived despite an all-star cast featuring Sir Ian McKellen.

It remains to be seen what form the Blake's 7 remake will take or how faithful it will be to the original. Veteran director Martin Campbell, who helmed Piers Brosnan's first outing as James Bond in Goldeneye, is set to direct the pilot.

The reworked Battlestar Galactica took the basic plot of the original – ragtag space fleet of humans struggle for survival after sneak attack by cyborg baddies, the Cylons, wipes out their home planets – but took it in a much darker direction than the cheesy 70s source material. It found extra resonance with a new audience with its storylines' parallels with the post-9/11 terrorist threat and war in Iraq.

Despite the shaky sets and basic special effects synonymous with many 70s TV sci-fi shows, Blake's 7 was watched by audiences of 10 million viewers in the UK and developed a loyal following which remains to this day.

Blake's 7, about a band of escaped convicts led by Roj Blake, played by Gareth Thomas, and later Kerr Avon (Paul Darrow) who wage war on the evil Federation, may or may not offer an opportunity for a modern-day allegory or two.

Created by Terry Nation, who was also responsible for creating Doctor Who's Daleks, Blake's 7 began on BBC1 in 1978 and ran for four series.

It ended on a bleak note, with all of the rebels apart from Avon shot by rebel guards. The final scene, in which Avon stepped over Blake's body, raised his gun and smiled before shots rang out, suggested Avon was killed as well.

It is not the first time the space opera has been earmarked for a TV revival. None have so far been successful, although it was revived as a series of audio dramas, some of which have been broadcast by the BBC, and books.

Darrow wrote a novel, Lucifer, based on the series and picking up from the end of the show, suggesting Avon wasn't killed after all.

The new version of the show, which will be produced by US TV producer Georgeville Television,.

It will be directed by Campbell and written by Joe Pokaski, whose credits include another TV sci-fi show, Heroes. If Syfy likes the script for the pilot, it will go straight to a 13-episode commission.
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 pm » by Icarus1

i remember blakes 7 , it was ahead of its time
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 1:44 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Jesus Christ, a Yank remake of Blake's 7 ?!

:ohno:

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 pm » by Icarus1

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:32 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

"The most influencial humans believe in the ruins"
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 pm » by Scouser012

I watched it last night, love Red Dwarf!

Initiate

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 pm » by Bert666

it was funny as fcuk :banana:

Next