Red Letter Bible Discussion

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 pm » by sockpuppet

zaff4444 wrote:,so throughout the ages it hasnt been doctored :wink:

Damn it, now I have to go dig in the garage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 28, 2010 11:59 pm » by Slith

zaff4444 wrote:The holy bible :vomit: =fake manipulated story,whereas the koran people memorise it,so throughout the ages it hasnt been doctored :wink:

The Jews memorize the Torah too. And many Christians can quote the bible phrase for phrase. Your ignorance in this matter is subjegated to one particular belief. The're are many. The Koran is not the only holy book on this planet, but it's the only one that has pushed people to strap bombs on their bodies on a consistant basis and blow the fuck out of innocents.

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 am » by sockpuppet

Guys, please... we are not discussing the legitimacy of what is written there, just the message. If you want to pick apart the red letters, go read Robert Funk or the Jesus Seminar.

And yes Zaff, the Qur'an HAS been changed, and I don't just mean the verses everyone knows were knocked out. The Sunnis are the ones who cling to this myth as if it was life or death, while the Shi'ites actually have a tradition of this knowledge. Moderns scholarship... occidental and oriental... has shown that the Qur'an was picked apart almost the same way the Bible was constructed via the Council of Nicea, but before the verses were written down. Even the ahadith mention that the Qur'an came in several dialects (!!!) which were harmonized at the time of 'Umar. Eventually the dialect of the Quraish was chosen, and that was the touchstone for allowing which version of verses was passed on.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 am » by Lowsix

well, id still have preferred zaff give us his actual thoughts..

But seriously, thanks everyone that worked on this thread to make it work.
I guess it all came down to me explaining for naught,
just ah i dunno..

musta been manic or some shit.

The ones that get it, dont need to read it,
but read it anyways..

so thanks for that..

Yeah Spock..

i got a thought, but had a friend really laid it down for me..

I went through telling him, all excited what the intention for this thread was..
and what the case was built on, not to change a belief, but to give it some context
to our every day lives by the psychological angle, and bah blah..

and he looks at me and says..um yeah..its called the ontological argument.
Walks to his bookshelf, and hands me Aquinas, and says here are three of his five
intellectual proofs for the existence of god....without examining god directly.

Derp..

so really i should have done this:

lowsix wrote:ontological argument

And it would have sufficed....

There were some really good contributions though,
and im not sure what other points to make...

thx
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 12:45 am » by Spock

Sad thing about it is, it truly, truly works, for as long as we can hold onto it.

There is peace in the storm. Hope in life. Hope in death. Hope in humanity.

Living by faith is like walking on hot coals though. Sometimes you just want to sit down down cry about the pain, and lose site that the cool sand is only a few feet away.

As long as we're sitting there, the fire is still under our feet.

I say don't stop. When the right time presents itself, move ahead.

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 12:46 am » by Slith

It's a great topic of discussion low, but as in all longer threads on here, it eventually turns into a shit session. Then comes back, then goes back, then comes back again.
You know the routine on here.
Cheers man!

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 2:16 am » by sockpuppet

Nothing was lost here. :sunny:

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 3:47 am » by Eliakim

Sorry I've been very busy and didn't get to read the last so many pages low six.

In my experience only the earnest seek within as the Christ asked them to do when he said 'The Kingdom of God is within YOU'. Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will open.

That often happens due to a turn of fate, a loss of relationships, a business, or illness of a very serious kind. Some times all sides at the same time.

Loss is not something that most Christians have come to terms with because many (especially Americans) think they have been born again due to baptism. And nothing could be further from the truth.

In my vast experience most orthodox Christians have no comprehension of the true Christian teachings that are very spiritual in their nature.

In the bible the Christ taught detachment like the Buddha did, yet religionists are the people that are most attached to belief systems.

When a ship is anchored it cannot set sail and discover new shores. Its the same with the Christ, if the people are so attached to the Christ that it keeps them attached to the earth plane he cannot lead them anywhere.

In my experience there are many heavens before one reaches the Kingdom of God.

God bless you all with you journey.

Love you
:hugging:

:sunny:

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 3:56 am » by Lowsix

eliakim wrote:Sorry I've been very busy and didn't get to read the last so many pages low six.

In my experience only the earnest seek within as the Christ asked them to do when he said 'The Kingdom of God is within YOU'. Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will open.

That often happens due to a turn of fate, a loss of relationships, a business, or illness of a very serious kind. Some times all sides at the same time.

Loss is not something that most Christians have come to terms with because many (especially Americans) think they have been born again due to baptism. And nothing could be further from the truth.

In my vast experience most orthodox Christians have no comprehension of the true Christian teachings that are very spiritual in their nature.

In the bible the Christ taught detachment like the Buddha did, yet religionists are the people that are most attached to belief systems.

When a ship is anchored it cannot set sail and discover new shores. Its the same with the Christ, if the people are so attached to the Christ that it keeps them attached to the earth plane he cannot lead them anywhere.

Love you

Hey Elia.

Thanks a lot for that reply!
And a good take on what im showing with those red letters.

I mean it!

:cheers: <--non alcoholic.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 pm » by TheDuck

lowsix wrote:
eliakim wrote:Sorry I've been very busy and didn't get to read the last so many pages low six.

Love you

Hey Elia.

Thanks a lot for that reply!
And a good take on what im showing with those red letters.

I mean it!

:cheers: <--non alcoholic.

Yeah good sh*t. :hugging:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

PreviousNext