Reincarnation and Life After Life

Super Moderator

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:54 am » by Spock

I just watched a new show called "The Unexplained" about a 5 year old child that had past life memories of being an obscure actor/dancer in Hollywood. I had to look it up an post it here. I am completely fascinated with this phenomena.

Post more documentaries about it in this thread.

LINK

I’m not one to take too much stock in religion and spirituality, let alone the metaphysical and the afterlife. So it was with guarded trepidation that I screened the pilot for Doug Liman and Russ Stratton’s latest television show The UneXplained. It was a welcome departure from the overplayed “what was that?!” dialogue that seems to haunt most paranormal shows on television. The story of one family trying to cope with the latent “memories” of their son was both touching and human. But don’t let my search for the humanity in the story diminish the serious creepiness of the tale. The elite children-with-knowledge-of-supernatural characters seem an component of narrative gold.

Check out the synopsis below:

Upload to Disclose.tv

One day in the middle of a small rural town in Oklahoma, a five year old boy begins telling his mother extensive details about his 1930′s life in Hollywood. He was rich. He had a big house with a swimming pool. Rita Hayworth made him “icy drinks”. The mother checks out a couple of Hollywood library books. Then on a random page with a black and white film still that had no captions, the boy points to a man in a hat and screams, “That’s me! You found me mommy! That’s me, and that’s George!” The man in the hat was a mysterious actor and his friend “George” later turned out to be George Raft in Paramount’s 1932 film “Night After Night”. This is the amazing true story of a young family’s emotional journey to unravel and understand their son’s previous life identity. With by far the most unbelievable and haunting American child reincarnation case to ever unfold in front of Bio’s cameras, this is truly “The uneXplained”.

I have searched for the full episode online but have not found it. If anyone does locate it please post it here.

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:49 am » by Mediasorcerer

thanx,so am i,will watch vid later,
ive had quite a few extremely vivid dreams about my own past lives over the years,so am quite interested, thanx fr post.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 8:35 am » by Freeyourmindnow

Ian Stevenson, a Canadian biochemist and professor of psychiatry, investigated many reports of young children who claimed to remember a past life with events that occurred during a previous life, ultimately conducting more than 2,500 case studies over the course of his lifetime and publishing twelve books. Stevenson undertook reincarnation research throughout the world, including North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.

According to Stevenson, childhood memories ostensibly related to reincarnation normally occur between the ages of three and seven years then fade shortly afterwards. He compared the memories with reports of people known to the deceased, attempting to do so before any contact between the child and the deceased's family had occurred.

Many of Stevenson's subjects displayed skills and interests which seem to represent a continuation of skills and interests developed in the claimed previous life.Stevenson found that the vast majority of cases investigated involved people who had met some sort of violent or untimely death.

In a fairly typical case, a boy in Beirut spoke of being a 25-year-old mechanic, thrown to his death from a speeding car on a beach road. According to multiple witnesses, the boy provided the name of the driver, the exact location of the crash, the names of the mechanic's sisters and parents and cousins, and the people he went hunting with — all of which turned out to match the life of a man who had died several years before the boy was born, and who had no apparent connection to the boy's family.

Another case involved an Indian boy, Gopal, who at the age of three started talking about his previous life in the city of Mathura, 160 miles from his home in Delhi. He claimed that he had owned a medical company called Sukh Shancharak, lived in a large house with many servants, and that his brother had shot him after a quarrel. Subsequent investigations revealed that one of the owners of Sukh Shancharak had shot his brother some eight years before Gopal's birth. The deceased man was named Shaktipal Shara. Gopal was subsequently invited to Mathura by Shaktipal's family, where the young child recognised various people and places known to Shaktipal. The family was particularly impressed by Gopal's mention of Shaktipal's attempts to borrow money, and how this had led to the shooting — information that was known only to the family.

In interviewing witnesses and reviewing documents, Ian Stevenson searched for alternate ways to account for the testimony: that the child came upon the information in some normal way, that the witnesses were engaged in fraud or self-delusion, that the correlations were the result of coincidence or misunderstanding. But in scores of cases, Stevenson concluded that no normal explanation sufficed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation_research

very interesting stuff, thanks for posting

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 8:51 am » by Mediasorcerer

no normal explanation!
xactly.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 9:39 am » by Temps13

The University of Virginia Psychology Department has about 3000 cases of reincarnation..what they call 'solved' cases (confirmed within a reasonable doubt)
See also the rare cases of 'Xenoglossy' (speaking a language you could not possibly have known or learnt normally)
Also,its weird how some people who claimed to be reincarnated (usually when young) actually physically resemble the persons they are supposedly reincarnations of..uncanny resemblances.
Dr.Ian Stevenson & Dr.Jim.B.Tucker are the best people to write about this phenomenon in the west,imo
:obsessed: :o :alien: :shock: :ohno:
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 9:56 am » by Nilm33

Tibetan monks believed it took (49) days to reincarnate, which also happens to be the same time the pineal gland is formed in a fetus. Also the day sex is geneticly determined. How did ancient monks know this, or is it a coincidence?

You know the PINEal gland right?

This is a fascinating topic tho, wish more experts took it seriously.

Super Moderator

PostMon May 23, 2011 12:30 pm » by Spock

Here's another case...
Reincarnation, the story of a scottish child

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 11:23 pm » by Temps13

Omg nilm,brilliant little nugget there, thanks..no its not coincidence
Oh yeah,good post spock,I remember this case..western cases are rarer but they convince people better..great thread
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 3:16 am » by Spock

New show called "The Ghost Inside My Child" has some great stories involving children and their memories of past lives...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 3:23 am » by Spock

Next