Remember, Remember...

Initiate

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 pm » by Blondie1w2000

You know, I was just wondering if this went on near anyone else. I live in the suburbs of Detroit, MI. Last night (November 5th) someone set off fireworks like it was the Fourth of July. They set off A LOT of fireworks, continually, for like 15 minutes. After a few minutes of hearing all these little booms I went to the window and saw what was going on. At first I thought maybe there was some problem with the electrical wires around my home, but no, they were fireworks. I was wondering...why? Was this something that happened around the country? And then I came on here and saw that article on the "Featured" page linking to that scene from "V for Vendetta" where he tells people to "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

Just curious if anyone saw anything like this.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:36 pm » by Stratosfear

Guy Fawkes Night here in the UK. Also known as Bonfire Night. Perhaps some ex-pats living in your area are celebrating it just as some Americans near us celebrate the Fourth of July.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Initiate

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:38 pm » by Blondie1w2000

stratosfear wrote:Guy Fawkes Night here in the UK. Also known as Bonfire Night. Perhaps some ex-pats living in your area are celebrating it just as some Americans near us celebrate the Fourth of July.

I've never seen anyone here in the United States set off fireworks on this date before. Weird. But yeah, you could be right.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 pm » by Bettyboolean

yay! 5th November , the original false flag!
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm » by Aardvaaks

It would have been a momentous event against democracy if Guy Fawkes had succeeded in destroying the UK parliament in 1605. The thwarting of this occurrence is celebrated every year and although probably through health and safety issues as well as cost is confined to large organised events than backyards which included traditionally a bonfire and the burning of an effigy of Guy or Guido. (penny for the Guy, etc)

It is interesting to see that this tradition has spread by as mentioned earlier ? ex pats abroad, rather like the importing of the annoying trick or treating in the UK where once is was just halloween with apple bobbing!
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx