Reuters: Scientists kill cancer cells with "Trojan Horse"

Writer

PostMon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm » by Goldy

This is absolutely spectacular! We live in really amazing times...

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian scientists have developed a "trojan horse" therapy to combat cancer, using a bacterially-derived nano cell to penetrate and disarm the cancer cell before a second nano cell kills it with chemotherapy drugs.

The "trojan horse" therapy has the potential to directly target cancer cells with chemotherapy, rather than the current treatment that sees chemotherapy drugs injected into a cancer patient and attacking both cancer and healthy cells.

Sydney scientists Dr Jennifer MacDiarmid and Dr Himanshu Brahmbhatt, who formed EnGenelC Pty Ltd in 2001, said they had achieved 100 percent survival in mice with human cancer cells by using the "trojan horse" therapy in the past two years.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE55R1Q320090628

I know there are always cures for cancer every once in a while, but the results of this cannot be ignored. I just hope this will be trialled in humans.

Lets hope big pharma doesn't bury this!

Initiate

PostMon Jun 29, 2009 4:56 pm » by Samkenman

One thing to remember about cancer and other diseases is that almost all of them can be contributed to a definency in nutrition. Our body's chemistry is very fragil and anything that throws that chemistry off is potentially harmful. The key is alkalinity vs. acidity. Cancer cannot survive in an alkaline enviroment, therefore the more alkaline you are the better. This also applies to viruses, bacteria and a host of other major diseases including heart disease, and M.S. I think it is great that doc's have come up with a new way to fight a deadly affliction like cancer, however I have little faith in the medical community backed by big pharma. If we all do a little research on our individual's bodys' chemisty and adjust it's chemisrty accordingly, there would be no cancer to fight.
Take it easy...and if its easy...take it twice!!

Initiate

PostMon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 pm » by Crazynutsx

They are coming up with loads of cures but for some reason are not coming to the public with them I really don't no what's going on but i hope the public gets the soon.

Cancer is a awful thing and think of all the lives that would be saved each year with a cure

I just hope the I am legend scenario does not happen

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 pm » by Pindz

HEMP OIL CURES CANCER TOO !!!

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 am » by Fatbastard

pindz wrote:HEMP OIL CURES CANCER TOO !!!

"The Prodical Son." ARRGH. FUKT. NISSH.
"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 am » by Noentry

About time so when do we get it.
I bet it will be so expensive only the top 5% will afford it
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne