Revelations...obama the antichrist?

Initiate

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 4:54 pm » by Wrathofkahn

It seems like some of the reverse speech was kind of searching for anything that sounded kind of close. However, the "thank you satan" out of "yes we can" is pretty disturbing. Once again, the power he holds over crowds is almost supernatural! :hell:

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm » by Drextin

wrathofkahn wrote:It seems like some of the reverse speech was kind of searching for anything that sounded kind of close. However, the "thank you satan" out of "yes we can" is pretty disturbing. Once again, the power he holds over crowds is almost supernatural! :hell:

So was JFK's. So was Roosevelt's. So was Lincoln's.

I think Obama just says what we needed to hear for the last 8 years. Factor in he is the first black president and we have witnessed history and you can see where his speeches can captivate.

I voted for Obama but I'm no fool. He is still a politician and will do what politicians do. These days you are just voting for the guy or woman who will at least give you the feeling of honesty whether it is true or not.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 5:54 pm » by Ogmios

And don't forget the oratory power of both Hitler and Martin Luther King; two men from opposite sides of the political divide. The "supernatural" element comes not from the men themselves but from the willingness of the receiver to either agree or disagree with what is being said.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 6:49 pm » by Towelie

I think im the only one that doesnt see all this charisma that obama is credited with, now Bill clinton with his saxaphone that was charisma, i just dont see it in Obama hes jus a run of the mill politician.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 6:52 pm » by Cornbread714

wrathofkahn wrote: Once again, the power he holds over crowds is almost supernatural! :hell:

Anybody would look supernatural compared to Dubya :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 6:56 pm » by Drextin

towelie wrote:I think im the only one that doesnt see all this charisma that obama is credited with, now Bill clinton with his saxaphone that was charisma, i just dont see it in Obama hes jus a run of the mill politician.

Fair enough towelie. Plus no matter what you thought about Clinton he was a charmer.

Initiate

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 7:05 pm » by Kyo121

towelie wrote:I think im the only one that doesnt see all this charisma that obama is credited with, now Bill clinton with his saxaphone that was charisma, i just dont see it in Obama hes jus a run of the mill politician.

good to know i'm not alone when i see nothing special in obama.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 pm » by Drextin

See i can respect views like that one and towelie's. You can't tell someone who they should be impressed by if they don't feel it.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 7:53 pm » by Cornbread714

drextin wrote:

See i can respect views like that one and towelie's. You can't tell someone who they should be impressed by if they don't feel it.

Man, I don't want to get into a big explanation of my complex and somewhat conflicting
feelings about Obama, but I'd like to say this:

I liked the guy, I was so glad to see an intelligent, reasonable-sounding black man get elected after IdiotBoy - I must admit that I didn't look too far beyond the symbolism of the event.
Now, I have some new doubts.
I voted for Clinton the 1st time, but threw my vote away the next election on a Libertarian candidate.
You know why?
Because Bill backed down on every important promise and began to resemble the opposition in the way he handled welfare, health care and a number of other issues. It turned out to be Centrist bullshit instead of innovation.

I read Obama's first book recently. In some ways, it impressed me. I caught myself thinking, 'Wow, this ex-pot-smoking intellectual soul brutha is actually the Prez! Woo-hoo!"
I still kinda feel that way, but to be honest the overall tone of the book left me cold.
Maybe he is just another big ego on a semi-messiah trip, like Bill Clinton or the rock star Bono. It doesn't mean that guys like these can't do positive things, it's just that they fall so short of the mark they promised to hit, and it hurts that we believed they could actually achieve something extraordinary (Bono excluded - I never believed he could do anything, but he surprised me)
Anti-Christ? That's giving him a little too much credit, methinks :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Previous