Right wing has history of rewriting history

Initiate

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 am » by Middleman

Rydher wrote:It sounds like you want the freedom to do what ever you want. While society provides you with everything you need, so that you don't have to do anything to earn it.

I wouldn't characterize it like that, because it implies that work has no value beyond being paid, but essentially, what is wrong with that vision?

Let's say TPTB really are suppressing free energy technology, as virtually all of us believe. Let's say they've got super efficient computers and 3 D printers. They've probably got a lot of other cool shit like programmable matter, but even the energy thing would be enough to change the world in truly extreme ways.

What if we stop cutting down trees and growing cotton and plantation timber, and instead start using hemp for fiber, clothes, paper etc? It would save so much money, stop so much pollution, and make a superior product.

Let's say the shit really does hit the fan this year, through whatever means, and we trade the old power immunity and re-integration for full disclosure and reconciliation?

Even if it doesn't happen this year, it's only a matter of time before we live in societies where our basic needs will be so cheap to satisfy that nobody will go without.

@Cia Isn't it just as easy to provide accurate and detailed information about the practice without replacing the emotive word "slavery" with a euphemism? You're acting as if actual historians and history teachers want this to happen, when quite clearly, they feel like they're being interfered with and dictated to by unqualified outsiders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00560.html

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am » by Perronick

Rydher wrote:I'm still confused on how you can put people that advocate no government as being left wing. Using the American political system, no government is as far to the right as you can get. Using the European system, I suppose they would be right in the middle or I contend. They don't exist since the base line measurement is the government already controlling everything. Any other way of governing doesn't exist.

Anarchism derived from the thoughts of Michail Bakunin and Communism derives from Karl Marx's. Both thinkers, or philosophers, were contemporary and much alike, and their thoughts originated in opposition to the Wild West Capitalism rampaging the industrialized Europe.

This is why we don't have such a bad concept of Comunism/Anarchism here. We saw the true face of Capitalism unchained. You can see it too, you just have to read Charles Dickens, for example. Also, the 8-hour shift, free week-ends and so on, that we enjoy nowadays, are Comunist/Anarchist/Proletarian achievements, conquered with much blood and suffering.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 am » by Cia212

Perronick wrote:their thoughts originated in opposition to the Wild West Capitalism rampaging the industrialized Europe.

This is why we don't have such a bad concept of Comunism/Anarchism here. We saw the true face of Capitalism unchained.

Actually that was closer to the Italian Fascist vein of Corporatism...something true Capitalists hate as well. But now I'm derailing the thread as well.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 am » by Perronick

Cia212 wrote:
Perronick wrote:their thoughts originated in opposition to the Wild West Capitalism rampaging the industrialized Europe.

This is why we don't have such a bad concept of Comunism/Anarchism here. We saw the true face of Capitalism unchained.

Actually that was closer to the Italian Fascist vein of Corporatism...something true Capitalists hate as well. But now I'm derailing the thread as well.

You're right, but Charles Dickens wrote his novels 100 years before Italian Fascism took place. That's copyright infringement :lol:

Previous