Rocket Fuel, Life on Mars and the Mentally Impaired

Writer

PostMon Aug 22, 2011 4:40 pm » by Zedd1

From the roar of mighty rocket engines to extraordinary scientific discoveries about our world and our universe, for five decades NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, has stood at the forefront of the nation’s space exploration mission.(1)

Today, with the aid of NASA’s average budget of $15.818 billion dollars per year, it supports the whole spectrum of the agency’s crucial work:

- propulsion, engineering, science, space operations, and project and program management.

But what do they seek to accomplish? read full story at .....
http://arch1design.com/blog/2011/08/roc ... -impaired/

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm » by Boondox681

interesting site.it's a keeper :flop:

thanx and :hiho:
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm » by Funnyman46

Abit from this article states the following;
Is perchlorate ‘potentially toxic’ for fetal development in larger organisms such as humans?

Let’s take a closer look.

On Earth, perchlorate is manufactured in large quantities as ammonium perchlorate, primarily for use as an oxidizer in solid rocket propellants. It is also used in fireworks, batteries, and automobile air bags. It occurs naturally in small concentrations in nitrate deposits in Chile and has been found in fertilizers derived from these deposits. (5)

According to The US government Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry;
•Perchlorates enter the environment where rockets are made, tested, and taken apart.
•Perchlorates also enter the environment from fireworks, road safety flares, and through the use and disposal of consumer products such as bleach where perchlorate may be contained as an impurity. There is also evidence that there are natural sources of perchlorates in the environment.
•Factories that make or use perchlorates may also release them to soil and water.
•Perchlorates will not stay in soil and will wash away with rain water.
•Perchlorates will eventually end up in ground water.
•We do not know exactly how long perchlorates will last in water and soil, but the information available indicates that it is a very long time.(6)

A 2005 study by Dr. Nancy Carrasco, professor of molecular pharmacology at Texas Tech University, suggests that breastfed babies ingest levels of perchlorate that exceed the ‘safe dose’ recently established by the National Academy of Science—putting children at risk for development damage.

“Our study suggests that high levels of perchlorate may pose a particular risk to infants. Nursing mothers exposed to high levels of perchlorate in drinking water may not only provide less iodide to their babies, but their milk may actually pass on perchlorate, which could further deprive the infants’ thyroid glands of iodide. The thyroid requires iodide to synthesize the hormones T3 and T4 that are essential for normal development of the central nervous system. Babies who don’t make enough of these thyroid hormones may become mentally impaired.”

California state agencies have discovered perchlorate in more than 400 water sources since 1997, including the Colorado River and hundreds of municipal wells. The bulk of the contamination was caused by the military, aerospace contractors and other users and manufacturers of explosive chemicals.(7)

Happy 4th of July everyone.
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm » by Boondox681

funnyman.... :shock:

my 6 month old baby grandaughter has been breastfeeding and we've heard bits and pieces of this so i appreciate this info immensely.

thanx
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm » by Funnyman46

boondox681 wrote:funnyman.... :shock:

my 6 month old baby grandaughter has been breastfeeding and we've heard bits and pieces of this so i appreciate this info immensely.

thanx

You are MOST welcome Boondox681, I've got grandkids and sent this along (email) as well. For years we've heard of the damage the shuttle launches cause the upper atmosphere but I never thought of this one. :cheers:
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Writer

PostThu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am » by Zedd1

This has been known and ongoing on for years take this EWG post from 2009.... http://www.ewg.org/news-release/Bush-EPA-Shirks-Responsibility-Over-Perchlorate-Contamination/090109

...they dodge the issue and buy time for the defense, aerospace and chemical industries, which have been lobbying aggressively to avoid millions in perchlorate clean-up costs.

“We know enough about perchlorate’s thyroid-disrupting properties to understand that our government has to address this danger immediately,” said Dr. Anila Jacob, M.D., Senior Scientist with Environmental Working Group (EWG).

“EPA has fought every call for a safety standard for perchlorate in drinking water, prompting Congress to introduce measures compelling the agency to do so. Now, with less than two weeks left in power, the Bush team has come up with a last-minute ploy – another study that will amount to a delaying action.”

“After being flooded with comments from scientists, state health officials, public health groups and even its own scientific advisors, the political leadership at EPA clearly realized that it couldn’t ignore the science forever,” added Renee Sharp, Director of the EWG office in California and an expert on the issue.

“Instead of living up to its responsibility to protect public health, EPA officials want to use NAS for political cover.” “The new Obama administration and the incoming EPA chief will have to spend full time cleaning up the mess this crew of cowards has left in its wake,” added Sharp.

### EWG is a nonprofit research organization based in Washington, DC that uses the power of information to protect human health and the environment.