Rockets from Gaza bombard Israeli area

Initiate

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 2:42 pm » by Avimoas

JERUSALEM, Dec. 24 (UPI) -- Israeli political and security leaders met in an emergency session Wednesday to discuss the country's response to the latest round of shelling from Gaza. :shooting:

At least 21 rockets and eight mortar shells were fired at the western Negev Wednesday morning, Haaretz reported.

Izzedine Al Qassam, the Hamas military arm, said in a statement on its Web site it fired some of the rockets in retaliation for what it characterized as the "assassination" of five of its members by the Israeli military, CNN reported.

Following the rocket fire, Israeli military officials said crossings from Israel into Gaza will be closed Wednesday and humanitarian aid that was scheduled to be delivered to Gaza would not be allowed to enter.

Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar told an Egyptian daily Tuesday "the Palestinians want to give a chance to the Egyptian mediators. Hamas is ready for a truce, if Israel sticks to the terms of the June agreement."

A daylong cease-fire called for Monday could be extended, Zahar said, if "positive developments" occurred, sentiments that were confirmed by Hamas leadership in Gaza.

Israeli government and defense sources said officials didn't intend to conduct a new round of peace negotiations with Hamas now.

"(Before) anything else, the (rocket) fire has to stop," one official said.

Israeli troops killed three armed Palestinians as they were allegedly placing bombs along the Israel-Gaza border, while Palestinians fired five Qassam rockets from Gaza into the Negev, Haaretz reported.

Military officials reported the Palestinians threw grenades at the soldiers and detonated one bomb before they were killed. The launched rockets landed in fields.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/24/Rockets_from_Gaza_bombard_Israeli_area/UPI-97171230119628/

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 3:08 pm » by Pindz

another inside zionist job ?

Initiate

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 5:35 pm » by Avimoas

some people are stupid... :clapper:

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 6:01 pm » by Spock

It's simple to me. When Hammas, or any other Arab organization strikes, they lash out at innocent civilians only. When Israel strikes, they calculate who their target is. Yes, war is brutal, and innocents get caught in the cross-fire, but the intent is different.

If the Palestinians would not lash out at civilians, then the populations of both areas would be more willing to work together to find a peaceful coexistence. As long as the brain-washed, psycho, extremists Muslims keep targeting innocent masses, there will be retaliation.

But, that has not been the way of militant Islam, as their mantra is, "kill the infidel" which is anyone who does not subscribe to their particular brand of religious dogma.

So, even if Israel did not exist, the extremist factions would of Islam would rise up against each other, being a theocracy. (Look at Iraq before they were liberated, look at the Iraq/Iran war, etc, etc...)

And I stand 100% behind Israel and the CIVILIZED world to protect her people.

Sorry if this is not politically correct, but I'm sick of Israel being picked on. They want to have a civilized nation, like Jordan has directly next door. It's the maggots within that keep brewing up ways to kill innocent people that need to be destroyed, and Israel is on the front line. If I had my way - I would bury every terrorist wrapped in bacon and simmering in a stew of ham dumplings.

If I am hated for wanting peace, but not tolerating terrorism, so be it.

Moderator comment- Spock you should know better buddy...

2j. Preaching: Do not promote or push religious beliefs on to others, we have visitors from all over the world of many different faiths and we ask that all beliefs be respected. Using the site to preach to, convert other members or to 'advertise' a belief system is disallowed, this board is about letting people decide for themselves what to believe.

3. Behaviour

Any of the following constitutes unacceptable behaviour:

3a. Racism or hatred: Do not post racist or hate-driven material or views which express hatred towards or discriminate against any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.
Last edited by Spock on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 pm » by Spock

That was a trip - my quote was not the quote I quoted.

So I just deleted it.

Not trying to push religious, ethnic hatred. Just showing frustration that it seems it's okay to bad mouth Israel, but it's not okay to call a spade a spade against the terrorists that launch attacks against people shopping.

I'll go back to my last post and take out anything I see as racist, or preaching.
Last edited by Spock on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 6:35 pm » by Becks

Guys, please keep the forum nice ...I personally have no religious points of view, I was never baptised,christened, never went to Church as a kid ...etc etc.

I went to Midnight mass with my wife who is Roman Catholic, I did as a favour to her. My mother is Jewish and my old man is RC.
This technically makes me Jewish (even though Im not) . I try and see both sides of the argument. There are good and bad people on all sides of conflict.

Respect for all faiths is paramount. The Islamic nations of this world have many fantastic elements, a Huge amount of History and are known as great philosophers and mathematicians .

My Wife is Egyptian (Greek heritage) so I, being a British Aussie have got to know a great deal about the middle east.

Look beyond the lunatics of all faiths and see some amazing and extremely kind people.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 6:51 pm » by Spock

Kudos Becks. And I am in 100% agreement with you. I honestly don't see anything I wrote that can be considered preachy or hateful.

My wife was brought up Mormon, my son-in-law Jehova's Witness, myself; protestant, my best friend Catholic, my son's step father Iranian, my employers; Greek, my friend and co-worker, Islam, my favorite restaurant - sushi and Mediterranean.

My life is a bizarre casserole of people. And we all love and respect each other. If someone in the family hit another because of ideology differences, they would get a swift foot in their back side, and then reprimanded.

So. I'm sorry if my prior post upset anyone, but I stand 100% behind it - and if someone can justify terrorism against innocent people, well I want a front row seat to witness that lunacy.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 6:54 pm » by Reinaul

this is a never end game :|
“The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
-Albert Einstein

Be Your Own Messiah

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 7:02 pm » by Spock

How can it end? For both sides to put down arms and police their own people until the people are united into a community of tolerance. It should not be about hate. It should be about the love and sanctity of life. Working together for our planet, then reaching beyond.

It's just that there are people out there that we need to protect ourselves from, whatever brand of dogma they subscribe too. Whether government agenda or religious ideology.

Posts like this, I think, make us take a second look at the issues.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 24, 2008 7:12 pm » by Becks

sad but true, it won't end till either the Israelis and Palestinians can live together sharing the same land.

I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

The Jewish far right want to rip down the dome of the rock and then rebuild Solomon s temple..The Dome being Islams 3rd most holy site...So they need a war of some description to attain this..therefore once the new temple is built this will herald the coming of the Messiah.
They have all the stuff for the new temple now in storage just waiting for this to happen.

I despair sometimes as to the middle east question...

Next