Rods

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 am » by Kaarmaa

Well, that was actually what I was going to do, but when I saw how much pages there were, I didn't want to choose one in a hurry because I was preparing dinner...
I apolgize for my bad behaviour and for my cheap joke about the greenbags.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 3:54 am » by Shaggietrip

Kaarmaa wrote:Well, that was actually what I was going to do, but when I saw how much pages there were, I didn't want to choose one in a hurry because I was preparing dinner...
I apolgize for my bad behaviour and for my cheap joke about the greenbags.

I was mistaken. For that I give you a nod.

It is somewhat trouble some to go through so much data that is here at Disclosetv. You are correct in that.

I have nothing on the green bags. I diss missed it, so no worries.

Now that out of the way back to the rods.

Explanation:

Almost all of modern camcorders use a filming format called NTSC. This fact is not debated. Understanding how the format works is what we are going to explain to you, and show you how the Rods are created using a filming format NTSC.

NTSC splices two pictures together to make one image.

If you snap a picture of an insect using a regular or digital camera, you will get the insect in flight.

If you film the same insect with a camcorder, you will get two frames put together of the insect. (Think of the Old Star Trek... when the enterprise goes into warp... the ship stretches... Same effect.)

It is common knowledge that when you pause a recorded image, you are looking at a image in a frame.

When people look at something they recorded on their Surveillance Camera or VCR, they usually pause it and watch it frame by frame.

(Like cool explosions or an action scene in a movie)

Well, One Frame on a Camera (Called A Picture) can be broken down into even smaller "Mini-Frames" (Pictures) called Fields.

There are 30 individual Fields in what we call a Block.

NTSC (The common filming format) crunches TWO blocks of 30 Fields together to give you a total of 60 individual Fields (Mini-Pictures).

(Which 30 + 30 = 60 Fields (or 2X30 Field Blocks) = One FRAME a.k.a. Image as seen on this page!)

When these "RODS" or flying insects are seen, they are the same insect pasted together to form what we call a ROD.

Source: http://www.gercsa.com/STGHA/WhatAreRods.html

Perhaps they are insects or birds ect. I for one do find it a bit odd that space images capture "rod" type images also.

That brings to question. Insects in space? I doubt nothing. I have not been to space nor have I captured a said rod to go though the data. Some times people look for the easiest explanation to satisfy their curiosity. But some times the simplest answer is correct.

Great food for thought none the less.

:cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 4:04 am » by Kaarmaa

Insects in space?

Like living creatures in deep waters. Who would have believed this 100 years ago?
We never know...

Previous