Ron Paul Won A Caucus, But The Media Rewards Romney!!!

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 am » by Jet17

He mustered enough to win the straw poll.

No shit the media lies Rydher, It wasnt a realization, it was a response back to your post.

For a guy that supporters Ron Paul you sure seem to pounce on him and his supporters. Again that isnt a realization, just a track in consistency.

Somehow to you its pathetic that he cant control peoples actions to vote for him, even enough to win the contest, but that doesnt meet your sub standard standards.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Super Moderator

PostMon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am » by Spock

I know the same thing happened in Maine, and I believe Iowa too.

It is orchestrated, there is no other explanation. My question is, who orchestrates it? The Republicans or a group higher?

If it's the Repubs it would be that they already know who their man is. But, what if it is a group that wants Obama to stay on as President. I believe Ron Paul would pull a lot of support from Democrats and take the entire Republican vote, as well as Independant. In order to insure Obama stays on, you put a Romney up there, someone that is not as Conservative as Santorum, not as stark a difference from Obama, not exciting enough to sway current Obama voters.

We are fucked. You have something like this which is apparent, along with the media staying completely silent on Obama's birth certificate and Selective Service card forgeries.

And there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm » by Rydher

jet17 wrote:Somehow to you its pathetic that he cant control peoples actions to vote for him, even enough to win the contest, but that doesnt meet your sub standard standards.

And the straw man fallacy award of the day goes to..... Jet! :clapper: Your tactics are stale and transparent. It's time to try something different. Because I said that it's pathetic that he can't control people's actions. :roll:

You may see it as pouncing on Paul supporters, which I do when it's called for. People like you that elevate the man to a deity and can do no wrong. Even though you vehemently disagree with far more of his positions than I do. I call what I do as living in reality.

People like you viciously attacks anyone that dare speaks out against your beloved Paul, just like the progressives. This is about reality though. Beating Romney by 11 votes in such a small pool pf voters is PATHETIC. That is the kind of race Ron Paul should of won by 50%. You won't admit it, but you know that caucuses and small voter turn out is the kind of race Ron Paul is supposed to do very well in. But after looking at how the Virgin Island caucus works. They elect delegates, they don't divvy out delegates by popular votes.

Now the media lies, we know this. But did it? The system is fucked up and stupid but here it is. But Romney did actually win...
384 total cast

112 to Paul (29%) Won one delegate

101 to Romney (26%) Won three delegates plus three RNC member pledge. (Pick up a uncommitted delegate after the balloting for a total of seven.)

23 to Santorm (6%) No delegates

18 to Gingrich (5%) No delegates

130 Uncommitted (34%) Two delegates but one changed to Romney after the vote totals were announced

How did Paul get 11 more votes than Romney, but lose to him on delegates? It's complicated. The Virgin Islands doesn't portion out delegates by popular vote. Voters literally elect delegates -- the six with the most support get to go to Tampa. So April Newland, John Clendenin, Luis Martinez, all Romney supporters, made it into the top bracket. Warren Bruce Cole, an uncommitted delegate, won then backed Romney. Only one Paul delegate, Robert Max Schanfarber, made the six.

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm » by Svaha

spock wrote:I know the same thing happened in Maine, and I believe Iowa too.

It is orchestrated, there is no other explanation. My question is, who orchestrates it? The Republicans or a group higher?

If it's the Repubs it would be that they already know who their man is. But, what if it is a group that wants Obama to stay on as President. I believe Ron Paul would pull a lot of support from Democrats and take the entire Republican vote, as well as Independant. In order to insure Obama stays on, you put a Romney up there, someone that is not as Conservative as Santorum, not as stark a difference from Obama, not exciting enough to sway current Obama voters.

We are fucked. You have something like this which is apparent, along with the media staying completely silent on Obama's birth certificate and Selective Service card forgeries.

And there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Agree, also if Obama would have problems getting re-elected or if the 'US' financial system would collapse before the European, he would start a war. (imo)
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 12, 2012 11:46 pm » by Jet17

Rydher, the point of the post is not the turn out, you just made it into something it was never about.

The post is also not about the fact of what qualifies as a win.

The point of the post was that this whole time the media was focusing squarely on the results of the straw polls and what those results are, now suddenly he wins a straw poll and its a turn for the media to spin the results and reward the victory publicly to romney.

Its a typical media spin, and one that should be duly pointed out. I think the fact that FOX and other media outlets are just defaulting to Romney shows that he was being bred for the nomination. considering if its close they always say ROMNEY WON!

I dont know why you started crying about other irrelevant topics besides the point of a flat out straw poll victory. But that is what you do.

@ Spock agreed 100% man, I just think the GOP is selecting Romney as the front runner because they are that stupid, the fact thhat the GOP chairs in those states are announcong early results in favor of romney is indication enough, I know for a fact there are assholes at the local level, and have to deal with it coming up this weekend.

In another aspect, I think that the GOP is so dumb that they dont realize that if they dont back a candidate like Paul, 1: Because they should be, hes the best for the job. 2: because he is the exact change that blue republicans and democrats alike thought that obama was.

He really is the only candidate to beat Obama on Policy and consistency, as well as diving the gap between the left and right.

Its a sad truth, but if he isnt the nominee and doesnt get the nod, the GOP will lose any chance of winning. I will bet my savings right now that unless those conditions are met, we are getting Obama as a president again in 2012.

No one else stands a chance, as they are generics when people can have the real fake.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Previous