Roswell 1947 Alien Footage!

Writer

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 am » by Kennyforever

Sorry Guys but its a Fake,the film reminds me one made in England a few years ago Directed by a guy named R Santini l think. :alien51: :alien51: :alien51:

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 5:10 am » by Will69ease

On one hand, why make a video like this decades later? Just to cast that many people, and so many characters...adds to the possibility of it being authentic.
However, the technical ability to effectively make a fake video can't be overlooked.
Besides, everyone knows aliens don't exist.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 5:19 am » by Septeloid

iamcare wrote:Faked for two reasons.

Firstly there are spots where it shows the definition is quite high and the image has been artificially aged.

Secondly the framerate is far far too good for 1947, again there are spots where you can tell its been artificially aged

3rd theres no need for the amount of light anomolies on the video, suggesting they've been put in afterwards.

thats 3 reasons, my bad

I agree with 2 of the 3 reasons and I just don't know anything about framerates in 1947.

But it's just crossed my mind that it looks like these folks in the video went to a lot of effort to get everything else, like the uniforms and surroundings, right, just to slip up with the video editing.
''A man with nothing left becomes fully empowered, and he is the most unassailable weapon.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ8B8u4CUo

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 6:58 am » by Oxygen

LOL yes, yes indeed... someone spent several hundred/thousand dollars + making 37 seconds of film just to drive you guys crazy.....

Yanno... I do that all the time... Spend mad amounts of money and time to make under 60 second videos so I can argue them in forums.... Seriously bored anyone?

Look's real to me. Only because it looks real... and faking this makes 0 sense.

Peace

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 7:01 am » by Ghost32

Ok this is a fake , I captured a high def video of this and put it into my video editor to see if I could actually reverse some of the properties of this video and get a better look at it,

What did I find out?

Well as mentioned earlier in this thread, the video has been artificially aged to give it that old look to hide the actual age of the video. This cant be reversed..

Also It would appear from the tones of the pallete used that the original video recording was shot in color and later made into black and white or greyscale after editting.

At times you will see an artificial blur that is put there to give you the idea that the camera was going out of focus but in reality its a video made with a high quality camera with auto focus and the blur is an attempt to throw you off about the real age of the video .

Also I attempted to reduce the brightness to make the video more visible and discovered that the brightness is an effect too! Even after I reduce the brightness twice the over exposure effect stayed the same.

There are probably alot more efffects used but i didnt want to spend that much time on it...

My opinion is that it is a fake made by obviously some video company but they didnt want to put much money into it so they made it with newer cameras and tried the fake the age and other aspects with cgi and effects instead of trying to get old cameras and film which could probably be very difficult and expensive...

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 7:05 am » by Oxygen

ghost32 wrote:Ok this is a fake , I captured a high def video of this and put it into my video editor to see if I could actually reverse some of the properties of this video and get a better look at it,

What did I find out?

Well as mentioned earlier in this thread, the video has been artificially aged to give it that old look to hide the actual age of the video. This cant be reversed..

Also It would appear from the tones of the pallete used that the original video recording was shot in color and later made into black and white or greyscale after editting.

At times you will see an artificial blur that is put there to give you the idea that the camera was going out of focus but in reality its a video made with a high quality camera with auto focus and the blur is an attempt to throw you off about the real age of the video .

Also I attempted to reduce the brightness to make the video more visible and discovered that the brightness is an effect too! Even after I reduce the brightness twice the over exposure effect stayed the same.

There are probably alot more efffects used but i didnt want to spend that much time on it...

My opinion is that it is a fake made by obviously some video company but they didnt want to put much money into it so they made it with newer cameras and tried the fake the age and other aspects with cgi and effects instead of trying to get old cameras and film which could probably be very difficult and expensive...

Sounds like an ass load of work for 37 seconds....lol?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 2:33 pm » by Dukettt

This vid seems to surface once a while. Read this and guess what you were watching...http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/gruesome-reviews-greet-ant-and-decs-spoof-autopsy-film-473133.html
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 2:38 pm » by Icarium

waynew wrote:Im not so sure this is a fake or real but i can say this about it , With the mind set of that time and then this thing crashing down i am sure everyone was shaken up and there hearts were racing and minds going 90 mile an hour so with all the men coming in to get a closer look at it then that would explain why the camera man could not focus directly for any long period of time and was forced to move around just to be able to capture it on film ... Just my thoughts

More likely still in awe

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 pm » by Crazyduck

this is from the film (alien autopsy) after they take the film reel to be fixed this is what comes back from the lab. it's not real it was made for the film

Writer

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 2:51 pm » by Golem

iamcare wrote:I'm thuper thereal you guys, pay special attention to the frame rate and the definition, this is a modern day camera

frame rate?
please explain?

'film' is 24 f/sec
video tape is 30 f/sec

where are you getting your frame rate from?

ciao

PreviousNext