RT's exclusive interview with Assad - preview

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Nov 8, 2012 by RTAmerica

RT gained exclusive access to the Syrian President, who continues to run the country from Damascus in defiance of foreign calls to step down. Bashar al-Assad slammed those calls from abroad for him to go, and warned against outside intervention in Syria.

RT talks to Sophie Shevardnadze who interviewed the embattled leader in his capital. Watch the full interview with President Assad on Friday!

Upload to Disclose.tv

PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 3:12 am » by 99socks

I can confirm the general beliefs of the Syrians that the reporter was trying to convey... Syria was, when I was there 13 years ago, extremely proud that it was a secular country with a secular ruler. For them, it was part of their identity that out of all the countries in the Middle East, they really did have the best record for ethnic and religious tolerance. How much of that is from their own initiative vs. instituted from the top down via kalashnikov-carrying conscripts on the street corners, I don't know. But it was stated to me a long time ago, that Syria is the key to stability in that part of the Middle East, and the Syrians have always known that.

It does seem to me too that if there would be an Arab people who would stand up and really truly fight fundamentalism, it would be the Syrians. Whether that kind of "fight" exists in them to topple their secular dictator, I am not really sure. To be honest, I never thought they had it in them to start a revolution (the Egyptians were far more believable in that regard). It always seemed to me, that while they were aware that they were 30 years behind the rest of the world technologically and that their economy and human rights record sucked, they were also smart enough to not poke a sleeping dragon. Yes, we know the Baath party sucks... shhh, don't say that out loud in public... but our dignity and resolve will get us through this. There is always an end.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 7:12 am » by Malogg

Master Conspirator

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 am » by *WillEase*

Malogg wrote:http://www.disclose.tv/forum/post851915.html#p851915

:peep:

Sorry dude, didn't see it. Mods can join them if they want.
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!