Russia deploying warship, missile cruiser to Mediterranean

Initiate

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm » by grimghost

Upload to Disclose.tv

Russia has announced plans for deploying an anti-submarine ship and a missile cruiser to the Mediterranean, amid the escalating Western war rhetoric against Syria.

"The well-known situation shaping up in the eastern Mediterranean called for certain corrections to the make-up of the naval forces," an unnamed source in the Russian General Staff was quoted by Russian news agency Interfax as saying on Thursday.

"A large anti-submarine ship of the Northern Fleet will join them (the existing Russian naval forces) over the next few days. Later it will be joined by the Moskva, a rocket cruiser of the Black Sea Fleet," the source added.

Moscow is strongly opposed to any military strike on Syria, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov believing that the move will critically destabilize the region.

Earlier in the day, the Russian Foreign Ministry quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov as saying that "Declared plans by some states to inflict a military strike on Syria are an undisguised challenge to the key provisions of the UN Charter and other norms of international law."

The war rhetoric against Syria gained momentum after the militants operating inside the country and the foreign-backed Syrian opposition claimed on August 21 that hundreds had been killed in a government chemical attack on militant strongholds in the Damascus suburbs of Ain Tarma, Zamalka and Jobar.

Damascus has categorically rejected the allegations.

Since August 27, speculations became stronger about the possibility of a military attack on Syria. Media outlets reported US plans for likely surgical attacks, which would be in the form of "cruise-missile strikes," and "could rely on four US destroyers in the Mediterranean [Sea]." The plan was said to be awaiting US President Barack Obama's go-ahead.

Iran, Russia and China, among other countries, have warned against foreign military intervention in Syria.

Meanwhile, reports say Britain has deployed six Typhoon jets to its Akrotiri base in Cyprus.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 pm » by Malogg

ستصمد سوريا امام العملاء والخونة ان شاء الله

:banana:
Oh Kingdom of Scotland - To be FREE again - Beastminsters smarmy and stinks of SH1TE HAFKNHAHA HA FKN HA...Salmonds a bawbag and Darlings a fkn sissy...Oh to be FREE again...

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 05, 2014 11:31 pm » by Opalserpent

Just thought I'd post this here even though it's barely related to the topic.

http://rt.com/news/168568-kilo-submarine-black-sea/

Another super quiet sub for Russia’s Black Sea fleet

St. Petersburg shipbuilders have launched an improved Kilo-class submarine for Russia’s Black Sea fleet. Armed with cruise missiles, this diesel-electric stealth sub is believed to be the quietest in the world, and so was dubbed ‘black hole’ by NATO.

The multipurpose, low-noise and highly maneuverable Varshavyanka-class (Project 636.3) submarine is named after the city of Rostov-on-Don. Construction began at the Admiralty Shipyard on November 21, 2011.

It is the second Varshavyanka submarine out of six planned for the Black Sea Fleet by the end of 2016. Unlike the fleet’s main forces stationed in Sevastopol in Crimea, these new submarines will use the port of Novorossiysk as their home base.

Armed with 18 torpedoes and eight surface-to-air Club missiles, Project 636.3 submarines are mainly intended for anti-shipping and anti-submarine missions in relatively shallow waters. They have an extended combat range and can strike surface, underwater and land targets.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 12:22 am » by Toxic32

It's just tip for tat. We are starting a military exercise in there back yard the black sea. Looks like all the silver backs are just beating their chests.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/08/politics/us-navy-ship-ukraine/
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 1:13 am » by Harbin

About time.
Antiwar.com