Russia: Risk up we may launch nuclear war.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Russia military chief: NATO expansion ups odds of us launching nuclear war

Also warned that a NATO pullout in Afghanistan could trigger conflicts in Central Asia

Gen. Nikolai Makarov said ‘under certain conditions local and regional conflicts may develop into a full-scale war involving nuclear weapons.’

MOSCOW — Russia is facing a heightened risk of being drawn into conflicts at its borders that have the potential of turning nuclear, the nation's top military officer said Thursday.

Gen. Nikolai Makarov, chief of the General Staff of the Russian armed forces, cautioned over NATO's expansion eastward and warned that the risks of Russia being pulled into local conflicts have "risen sharply."

Makarov added, according to Russian news agencies, that "under certain conditions local and regional conflicts may develop into a full-scale war involving nuclear weapons."

A steady decline in Russia's conventional forces has prompted the Kremlin to rely increasingly on its nuclear deterrent.

The nation's military doctrine says it may use nuclear weapons to counter a nuclear attack on Russia or an ally, or a large-scale conventional attack that threatens Russia's existence.

Russia sees NATO's expansion to include former Soviet republics and ex-members of the Soviet bloc in eastern and central Europe as a key threat to Russia's security.

Makarov specifically referred to NATO's plans to offer membership to Georgia and Ukraine as potentially threatening Russia's security. Russia routed Georgian forces in a brief August 2008 war over a separatist province of South Ossetia. Moscow later recognized South Ossettia and another breakaway Georgian province of Abkhazia as independent states and increased its military presence there.

Makarov warned that the planned pullout of NATO forces from Afghanistan could trigger conflicts in neighboring ex-Soviet Central Asian nations that could "grow into a large-scale war."

In its military doctrine, Russia has also described U.S. missile defense plans as another major security challenge, saying it could threaten its nuclear forces and undermine their deterrence potential.

Moscow has agreed to consider NATO's proposal last fall to cooperate on the missile shield, but the talks have been deadlocked over how the system should operate. Russia has insisted that the system should be run jointly, which NATO has rejected.

Makarov also said Russia is struggling to get enough recruits for the 1-million military, as the number of draftees has shrunk dramatically because of demographical changes.

He said that the military is aiming to gradually increase the number of contract soldiers and eventually form an all-volunteer army. He didn't mention a specific time frame.

The statement marked a sharp change of course for the top military brass who previously insisted that Russia needs to maintain the highly unpopular draft because an all-volunteer military would be too costly.

:arrow: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/r ... e-1.979283
EARRINGS = POSSIBLE HOLOGRAM DEVICE
Pindz

Initiate

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm » by Lifexp

My god they are still talking about nuclear war. The threat is old and I am sick of hearing about it. You all have nukes who gives a fuck go ahead and use them bet you miss me

Initiate

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:21 pm » by Eeeeeee

The NWO & NATO Plan Is To Isolate Russia For Last...
Secret NWO Agenda...
Islam Nations & Others Are Being Used By The NWO Hybrid Dictator Genius To Overload The Earth With Blind Violence. This Hybrid Is War From His Hideout At Dulce Underground Base But When He Surfaces He Will Be Called Peace.

Writer

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 pm » by Marilynmonrobot

That's great... Iran is building a nuke and the Reds are getting defensive. I like where this is going.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
John F. Kennedy

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 am » by Tuor10

He is just being a good lap-dog, and talking like lap-dogs do.

Russia plays its role. That's all.

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 am » by Capsule001

If you cover half his face with your finger vertically and then swap fingers it looks like two completley different people.

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 3:26 am » by The57ironman

capsule001 wrote:If you cover half his face with your finger vertically and then swap fingers it looks like two completley different people.

two faced....?......no doubt

(where's frutty...? :mrgreen: )

.... so-called "free speech zones."..?...Image

Writer

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 am » by Dannydix

Russia is getting like your old aunt.

Do this, don't do that, dont go in there....oops, ok so your already in Afghanistan.....well don't leave......or we'll rah rah rah...... And don't let these countries join NATO because we might bring out the big stuff and blow them up (and die ourselves because we live right next door)
(duh).......and by the way, our big toys are rusty and broken and stuff so we want to share yours and......uh ohh the pubs open so there goes our army......guess we're going to have to get all the dads and uncles over on the weekend to raise a vicious frightful army that will scare the dickens out of the lot of you. (on second Sunday's after church)

A better idea would be to let the surrounding ex states join NATO.....that way they would be governed by NATO s regulations and not be allowed to encroach over the boaders into Russia's sovereign erm...pubs.
Peace breaks out all over the place and everybody is happy. Who's shout is it.

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 am » by Derelict

Russia's "junk" may be old, broken or rusty but could you tell me what exactly would constitute mass disaster? Would it be 2 nuclear warheads hitting their targets on north american soil? maybe 10? Or perhaps only 1? They don't have just a few dozen of these "big guns" laying around, there are thousands. Only a decade ago what happened when a few buildings got flattened and a few thousand people perished. What kind of condition would it leave us in if all of New York was flattened and maybe D.C. along with Los Angelas? What would happen if 1 major city it every state got hit? Isn't the thought of that deterrent enough? Our political powers are doing well enough driving the nation into a crater but I'd rather die poor with my children at my side than have power hungry idiots at the wheel who pressed the button without thinking of the aftermath and having my children die along with me.... by my side. There is always a solution. ALWAYS! Fighting fire with fire doesn't work. Don't let the political powers train us like we're mice in a maze because more than likely what we may get in the end will be toxic. I'm not playing into this game on either side. Support is the trigger.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 am » by SUKHOV

All talk dudes...sorry to burst the bubble. There will never be nuclear war. Implications of Nuclear war are power flexes.
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Next