Russia says Syrian rebels might win

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm » by domdabears

MOSCOW/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian rebels are gaining ground and might win, Russia's Middle East envoy said on Thursday, in the starkest such admission from a major ally of President Bashar al-Assad in 20 months of conflict.

"One must look the facts in the face," Russia's state-run RIA quoted Mikhail Bogdanov as saying. "Unfortunately, the victory of the Syrian opposition cannot be ruled out."

Bogdanov, a deputy foreign minister and the Kremlin's special envoy for Middle East affairs, said the Syrian government was "losing control of more and more territory" and Moscow was preparing to evacuate Russian citizens if necessary.

Syria has relied on war planes and helicopters to bombard rebel districts but Damascus denied accusations by U.S. and NATO officials that it had fired Scud missiles in recent days.

The foreign ministry said the long-range missiles were not used against "terrorist groups," a term it uses for the rebels, who now hold an almost continuous arc of territory from the east to the southwest of Damascus.

The head of NATO said he thought Assad's government was nearing collapse and the new leader of Syria's opposition told Reuters the people of Syria no longer needed international forces to protect them.

"The horrific conditions which the Syrian people endured prompted them to call on the international community for military intervention at various times," said Mouaz al-Khatib, a preacher who heads Syria's National Coalition.

"Now the Syrian people have nothing to lose. They handled their problems by themselves. They no longer need international forces to protect them," he added in the interview on Wednesday night, accusing the international community of slumbering while Syrians were killed.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-syria ... 31714.html

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Dec 13, 2012

Russia says it doesn't rule out the possibility of a rebel victory in Syria's long-running conflict, admitting that the Assad government is losing control of the country.

The statement follows an international conference, where around a hundred states pledged to boost their support for the opposition.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Dec 13, 2012

For the first time since the war in Syria began, Bashar Al Assad's strongest ally is suggesting that rebel fighters may prevail.

Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister has said the Syrian government is losing control of more territory. And he added that preparations are underway to evacuate Russian citizens IF it becomes necessary.

His comments were immediately welcomed by the US State Department.

The comments come as at least 16 people are killed in a car bomb blast southwest of the capital, Damascus. Robin Forrestier-Walker has more from Moscow.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 am » by Marcydare

:flop: Nice article Domdabears . Bump.

(OP-ED )

Between the Lines.

American C.I.A. and Israeli MOSSAD trained and financed Terrorists Cells
are out Gunning their Russian counterparts. and right now, they're getting slapped around a bit.
But, you never know, what could happen !