Sarkozy's offices and home raided by French police

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm » by Evildweeb

Nicolas Sarkozy's offices and home raided by French police

Nicolas Sarkozy's offices and home have been raided by French police as part of an investigation into claims the former president was involved in illegal political campaign financing.

Nicolas Sarkozy Photo: AFP

By Our Foreign Staff

4:58PM BST 03 Jul 2012

Magistrates are investigating claims that staff for Liliane Bettencourt, heiress to the L'Oreal cosmetics empire and France's richest woman, gave envelopes stuffed with cash to Sarkozy aides to finance his 2007 campaign.

Mr Sarkozy is suspected of benefiting from brown envelopes of cash to help fund his 2007 campaign from Mrs Bettencourt and her late husband, André, whose former bookkeeper has told judges she withdrew 150,000 euros earmarked for Mr Sarkozy's then campaign treasurer. He also faces questioning over allegations he personally accepted cash from the Bettencourts during a visit shortly before his 2007 election. Mr Sarkozy denies wrongdoing on all accounts.

Since losing his presidential immunity following his defeat to Francois Hollande earlier this year, Mr Sarkozy is expected to face questioning in a raft of party financing and corruption cases.

In the so-called 'Karachi affair', judges are looking into irregularities in the financing of former Prime Minister Edouard Balladur's 1995 presidential campaign. Mr Sarkozy was Mr Balladur's campaign spokesman and budget minister at the time.

FULL STORY @ TELEGRAPH UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... olice.html

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 pm » by Kaarmaa

That makes me laugh, his office is empty. Whatever he did, it happend 5 years ago, so what could they probably find?

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 10:06 pm » by Evildweeb

Kaarmaa wrote:That makes me laugh, his office is empty. Whatever he did, it happend 5 years ago, so what could they probably find?

LoL, exactomundo.

Probably found some heinous dust bunnies and receipts from Chinese take out.

:flop:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Initiate

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 pm » by CaptainRutland

With such heavy heart and faith unfilled, I show no surprise at revelations uncovered about a politician.

Most politicians have words to thank for their position.

Lies, spoke and copied, steal votes, whilst the truth, dour and strong seem to fall upon deaf ears.

Thus the 'merry-go-round' of vote, disappointment and no change continue un-abated in all countries that declare 'democracy'.

Professional/Career politicians are the death throes of a 'democracy' for they all consider their pay-masters first and their duties last.

Civic duty is dead, long live the profits!

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 pm » by Kaarmaa

Evildweeb wrote:Probably found some heinous dust bunnies :flop:

:flop: